Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
~тнє яσσм ву тнє ѕєα~ Artists wanted! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:23 pm
~тнє яσσм ву тнє ѕєα~

“Welcome, landlubbers! Welcome to The Room by the Sea!” a small wooden sign says posted in the smooth sand of the beach. Waves slowly crash in the distance and the smell of brine mixes with the black, rich smoke of a grand bonfire. The sun seems to be stuck setting in the sky, casting red and orange waves against a cloudless blue sky. The sand borders the water in a crescent shape. Far from the welcoming sign, the sand turns into rocks and elevates to form a peak that hovers over the ocean like a balcony. A large statue of Poseidon stands at the top, looking over the sea. Circumscribed around the beach is a large, rolling field of green grass. Horses roam the fields nonchalantly munching on grass before galloping away.

A roadway of sand awkwardly cuts through the sea, leading to one peculiar, flat rock that cracks through the ocean’s surface. A magisterial throne created of two large curved seashells adorned with pearls and other seashells lies on the rock. A fish head made of rock releases a stream of water into the bottom of the seashell that already holds enough crystal clear water to constitute a whole pool. An old, fish-tailed deity sits in the middle of the pool. One of his strong arms was wrapped around the shoulders of Amphitrite, his wife and a nereid. His other hand had a mighty grip on a glimmering gold trident. To some, it would seem that he was more protective of his trident than his own wife. It was his crowning jewel, after all. His closest cohorts join him in the pool for laughter and fun. One half-dolphin woman holds many scrolls of the various news of the sea. One man stands to his Amatheia’s side, bearing great resemblance to her and the deity. Another nereid stands majestically by the others.

Other nereids sit upon comforting rocks. Fish stay close to the surface and dolphins trace lines with their fin. The whole place is warm and calming while a soft breeze brushes the shore. Join in on the fun. Welcome to Poseidon’s room. Welcome to the Room By the Sea.

~ρℓσт~

Day one~
The party begins on a large beach with a seashell band shell-esque pool in the shallow waters of the beach. A large cliff stands over the water with a stone statue of Poseidon overlooking the whole beach. Immediately adjacent to the sand of the beach is a large field of wild horses (Poseidon is the god of horses after all). The roleplayers and hosts all sit in the pool and greet guests as they come by. Poseidon brags that clearly the sea room will win since they have his mighty trident, but Amphitrite reminds him that he has to have his annual trident waxing done at night. He disregards her statement and continues the party as usual. Before the end of day one, Poseidon gives the trident to Delphin who is busy writing a message. Delphin accidentally replaces the real trident with the statues fake one at the end of the day.

Day two~
Poseidon and Amphitrite wake up in human form since there powers were stolen since Poseidon didn’t get his trident waxed. Unlike Poseidon who awakens as an old man, Amphitrite becomes a beautiful young woman bodacious enough to be a beach model. Amphitrite, angry with Poseidon for not taking care of his trident, starts to flirt with the guests of the room to get back at Poseidon. When the co-hosts learn about this, Delphin gathers the rest of the nereids to start a search for the trident. Thetis takes the lead of the search and all of the co-hosts change their avatars to seem more detective-esque. The co-hosts and roleplayers then go into the crowd to help the guests try to find Poseidon’s trident. At the same time, Eris secretly invades the room. She already sees the chaos of Amphitrite flirting and Poseidon becoming angry, so she decides to leave, but stops to find Poseidon’s trident hidden in the statue’s hand. Eris decides to ‘help’ Poseidon out and puts his trident in his underwear drawer of all places. Poseidon gives up trying to stop Amphitrite, so he begins to blackmail Amphitrite’s potential lovers with the help of Delphin. The day ends with a large bonfire at the beach with Poseidon and Amphitrite still in mad at each other in human form.

Day three~
Day three starts much like day two was. Poseidon and Delphin are still blackmailing, Amphitrite is still flirting, and the roleplayers are still searching. Poseidon attempts to make a fool of Amphitrite one last time by writing her name on a pair of his boxers and raising them up on a flagpole. Much to his surprise, when he goes into his underwear drawer, his trident is there! Delphin apologizes to Poseidon and decides to make it up to him by tricking Amphitrite. Poseidon agrees, and Delphin writes a note to the entire cast and guests to come to a fashion show staring the talented and beautiful Amphitrite. The fashion show takes place at the seashell band shell that was changed to have a runway. All of the guests and cast at this point are in the pool waiting for the show to start besides Poseidon who stands off to the side. As Amphitrite struts down the walkway, the floor collapses beneath her and she falls into the pool! Poseidon then uses his trident to them change them back into nereids. The party continues from there (possibly using the walkway as a stage for a rock concert?!) casually until the end of the ball.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:32 pm
~αηησυη¢ємєηтѕ~

3-24-10: Start of Announcents and Page Update  

Lectern
Crew

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:48 pm
~¢αѕт~

Wow! We are almost completely full up! We still need a few more people, though, and we can always use artists. If you'd like to help, just drop us an application in the forum or send me (Lectern) a P.M. We would love your help!

~нσѕтѕ~
Poseidon: Lectern
Amphitrite: Mousse Chocolat
~¢σ-нσѕтѕ~
Delphin: paulaterra
Thetis: Fallen Melancholy Rising
Amatheia: The Nereid Amatheia ((Mule Account))
~яσℓєρℓαуєяѕ~
Kalypso: Keya Teh Spazz
Klymene: captains bootie
Klaia: RosesFallingLikeRain
Keto:

Here's the applications. Just place then in the thread and we'll respond when we can.

[align=center][size=24][color=#00AADD]~[/color][color=#0088DD]ι ωαηт тσ вє α ƒιѕн ιη тнє ѕєα![/color][color=#00AADD]~[/color][/size][/align]
Gaia Username:
Role You Would Like:
Past Experiences:
What You Have To Offer:
Other Commitments:
Why You Should Be Picked:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 pm
~єνєηтѕ αη∂ ¢σηтєѕтѕ~

Sand Castle Contest: Since we are on the beach, why not have a classic sand-castle building contest? Participants would submit art of the best (or simpliest) sand castle. Maybe bonus points for including the NPCs in their art?

POEtry Contest: In honor of the lovely poem "Annabelle Lee" by Edgar Allen Poe, We are having a POEtry contest. Try to make a dark, sad, depressing poem about the sea.

King and Queen of the Sea///Nereid For a Day!: ((Contest name to be decided)) For the Annual Ball, we need to have you guys design some awesome tekteks of a sea-creature! Make it a nereid, sea king, fish, or anything you can think of.

Grab the Seashell!: We have placed seashells on pages 25,500,75,100,125, and 150 of the forum! The first one to post on the first comment on the listed pages gets the seashell (art maybe?) and a prize.

Splash the Sea Creature: Our sea creatures of the ocean are all dried up from being on the beach too long! Even all of their pretty scales have turned white. We will provide you the line art of our monster, you just need to return the color!

Split the Seaweed: For some extra fun, we are selling seaweed. Not normal seaweed though, numbered seaweed. Weird right? The seaweed has two numbers on it; both numbers are the same. You take one end and we take the other. At the end, we will choose one seaweed and the person that has that number gets half the the seaweed! ((50/50 rafle. Probably needs a better description))  

Lectern
Crew

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 pm
~¢σηтєѕт ρяιzєѕ~

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 am
~ƒιηαη¢єѕ~

3-24-10: Mule has 27,504 in account
3-27-10: Donations are starting to be collected for the event Send donations to The Nereid Amatheia
3-30-10: Fallen Melancholy donated five items toward the sale
3-31-10: paulaterra donated five items toward the sale
4-1-10: Mule has 40,890 in account (No April Fool's here)
5-5-10: Mule has 164,599 in account (Items donated were sold)
5-6-10: Mule has 114,599 in account (Art was purchased)  

Lectern
Crew

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 am
~αναтαяѕ~

~ρσѕєι∂ση~

User Image

~αмρнιтяιтє~

User Image

~∂єℓρнιη~

User Image

~кαℓуρѕσ~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~кℓумєηє~

User Image

~тнєтιѕ~

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:05 am
~αят~

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  

Lectern
Crew

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:07 am
~яєѕєяνє∂~

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 am
~яєѕєяνє∂~

Lectern
Crew

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:10 am
~яєѕєяνє∂~

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:51 pm
Not sure if we post our co-host application here but here it is.

~ι ωαηт тσ вє α ƒιѕн ιη тнє ѕєα!~

Gaia Username: Sheriff Dustin
Role You Would Like: Triton
Past Experiences: 6th annual ball-co-host of the wild west room (i was security officer1 then)
7th annual ball- Host of the town square room

What You Have To Offer: I have plenty of ideas, I also have a great knowledge on role-playing. Also, when I role-play I can be literate.

Other Commitments: Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post the application here.

Why You Should Be Picked: I have plenty of experience in the ball, I have many ideas for contests, art and how to run this character I chose above. I will be on for most of the day during the ball (I still need my sleep) and can make guests feel welcomed.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:04 pm
~ι ωαηт тσ вє α ƒιѕн ιη тнє ѕєα!~

Gaia Username: paulaterra

Role You Would Like: I'd love to be a delphin, but any character is fine, really.

Past Experiences: Not much..., but I'm currently working in the Bake Shop.

What You Have To Offer: Art, roleplay literacy, knowledge of the sea.

Other Commitments: I'm on gaia a lot, but I'm on the East Coast and lots of people seem to be on the West of the US, so time conflicts.

Why You Should Be Picked: I'd love to join in on my first Annual Ball, and I absolutely love the sea and beach including fish and marine life, which is why I wanted to work in this room, and not any other. I'm on a lot, as I said, and I can always draw up some art if necessary.

edit- I read up on the mythology, it sounds so cool!

Room Planning

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff