Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
♡Room of Beauty♡- 100% Complete! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like the plot?
  Yay! ♡
  Nay! D<
View Results

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:01 pm
User Image

Hey everyone, and welcome to the official Beauty Room planning Thread! We really need a great team to make this room the most beautiful jewel of the whole ball, so please drop in and apply for a cohost position! The name of the actually room will be something much less bland than 'The Beauty Room,' as soon as Queenie and I agree on a new name for it! <3 I'm Lady Angelishia, and I'm one of the hosts for this room. Queen of Nowhere, who I refer to as Queenie, is the other!

For a setting, we have a beautiful rose garden with plenty of love seats and mirrors, for all of our lovely guests! We want to make the thread that goes live reflect that beauty and create a wonderfully lovely atmosphere for our guests.

Hosts
Aphrodite - Queen of Nowhere
Princess Aurai - Princess Angelishia

Index of Pretty Posts
Introduction
Cohosts / Applications
Room Plot Planning
Pretty Arts
Lovely Contests
Private Fundraising
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:02 pm
User Image

So this is where we will record who is on our team, and give you an opportunity to become part of this room! I have a few suggestions as to what we need. We need a few specific Greek deities and legendary figures, but aside from that we're going to need a few nymphs! I may be posting more roles / openings later. An 'xxx' indicates that that role is currently open! Please post all applications in this thread! Oh, and we would like our cohosts to be exclusive. Meaning if you're a cohost for us, we'd like it if you didn't volunteer to be a cohost for someone else too. We'll need you the whole time!

Current Cohosts
Eros God of Desire - One of Angel's Friends
Anteros God of Requited Love - Mule
Narcisuss - Ordon
Psyche - sup3rnovas
Erytheia (Nymph) - panda21
Nymph - Mule

Application to Become a Cohost

[size=24][color=#ff99cc]I WANT TO BE A BEAUTIFUL PEOPLEZ![/color][/size]
User Name:
Role You Would Prefer:
Roles You Absolutely Won't do:
Experience:
Other Roles in the Ball:
Why Should We Pick You:

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:03 pm
User Image

Finished Plot

Day One

Aphrodite and Aurai will welcome everyone to the room. The festivities will begin. Sometime during the night, Erytheia and Nymph 2 (Name not chosen yet.) will start to gossip about Psyche and Eros who are said to be secret lovers, and how Psyche is the most beautiful girl at the ball. They will start the gossip among themselves, and include any interested ball goers. After enough of the gossip has gone on, Princess Aurai will come and break up the gossip before Aphrodite hears.

Throughout the evening, Narcissus will be his normal self, and keep looking in mirrors. He can also flirt with the guests, informing them of how fine he is.

The night will proceed like a normal party should, with each host and cohost showing off their unique personality. The two nymphs should continue to gossip at random times about Psyche and her beauty, and her possible attachment to Eros. Throughout the ball, Psyche and Eros should give each other odd or longing glances, and have awkward cutesy conversations.

Towards the end of the night, Aphrodite should get wind of this conversation, become jealous, and make a big scene with Eros about how she is the most beautiful girl at the ball, and how Eros should renounce his love of Psyche, and love her instead. After all, she is the goddess of love and beauty. She will threaten to take his job away if she sees him with Psyche again.

Day Two

The beginning of the day will be pretty much the same as Day One, except that Eros will be sulking and Psyche will be confused and hurt, because he is not talking to her.

After Eris causes her chaos in the main room, Narcissus will go and find Aphrodite, and start raving about what he saw in the mirror. He will talk about how his reflection winked and waved back at him, and marvel that there could be two creatures as beautiful as himself. After some convincing, Aphrodite will follow him to see what he saw in the mirror. When both of them are standing in front of a large mirror, their reflections will wave and wink at them, thrilling both vain party hosts. Then, the image will turn into Eris giving them a raspberry, and they will be sucked into the mirrors.

After that, a riddle will appear on the bottom of all the mirrors:

Like the nymph-tales of long times past,
Chaos has come to pass,
And love and order will only be restored,
By the happiest of loving chores.

Over time will appear the riddles three,
Which have the power to set everyone free.

While Princess Aurai spreads news of what has happened and asks guest what they think of the riddle, Anteros, who is Eros’ twin brother, will go to Psyche with a secret message, telling her what is going on. That Eros does love her, like she had suspected, but has been forbidden to speak to her ever again. She will be both happy and sad at the news, and very confused as to what to do.

The party will continue after the confusion, at the command of Princess Aurai. Aphrodite and Narcissus will interact with the guests through the multiple mirrors around the garden.

After a few hours have passed, another part of the riddle will appear below the first one:

As day is to night,
And black is to white,
As still is to pulse,
I am to false.

Aphrodite will bring the new riddle to the attention of the partygoers, and the nymphs that remain at the party will ask everyone what they think it means. Princess Aurai will figure out that by solving the riddles as they appear, they can get the two out of the mirror.

Meanwhile, in the mirror, Aphrodite will be annoyed by Narcissus and his vanity.

Day Three

The day will start with another riddle appearing on the mirror:

I am blind and fleeting,
And set the heart to beating,
I am about as fair as war,
But favored far more.

Everyone will ponder what the riddle means, and the party will continue while Aphrodite and Narcissus comically bicker in their mirror prison.

Anteros will deliver a message to Psyche that she is to meet him in a corner of the garden where there are no mirrors.

Psyche goes to meet Eros, and the two discuss how they are in love, but how it can never be. The two lovers go back to the party thinking no one has seen them, even though a few guests probably will have.

The day will go on, as normal, and then the final riddle will appear:

I have the power to quarrels fix,
And am often denoted by a simple ‘x,’
I have the power to join lovers forever more,
Have you figured out the delightful chore?

Then hopefully the ball goers will figure out that the first riddle’s answer is: True
The second’s is:
Love
And the last is:
Kiss

Princess Aurai will announce that all of the lovers in the ball should kiss, and all of the friends should hug, for good measure.

Everyone will do so, but it will not work.

Princess Aurai will ask if there are two people who are truly in love who have not kissed yet, and Eros and Psyche will step forward.

Psyche and Eros will share a kiss, and Aphrodite and Narcissus will be set free. Aphrodite will be so grateful and happy that she will give Psyche and Eros her blessing to be together forevermore.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:04 pm
User Image

This is where we will post art when we have some. I have an artist in mind I want to do some of the work, and Queenie wants to do some of the art herself as well. If you want to do art for this thread, or know someone interested in doing art for this thread, please PM me, Princess Angelishia.  

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:05 pm
User Image

Contests
Fairest Mortal Girl Avatar Contest - Cherry Blossom + 50k
Fairest Mortal Boy Avatar Contest - Scarlet Rose + 50k
Romantic Poetry Contest - Starcrossed Lovers' Tragedy + 20k
Room Themed Art Contest - Rainbow Jubilee + 20k
Reach Page 25 Contest - 10k
Reach Page 100 Contest - 20k

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:06 pm
User Image

We're going to raise money privately as a room. This is so our prizes and art can be extra special. We want to put on the best room we can! If anyone has ideas for fund raising, please post them in this thread! We will probably be doing raffles and contests. We'd love to hear what your suggestions are!  

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:07 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:08 pm
User Image

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:09 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:10 pm
User Image

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

kkoming

Heart Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:21 am
I WANT TO BE A BEAUTIFUL PEOPLEZ!
User Name: sup3rnovas
Role You Would Prefer: A nymph or Psyche
Roles You Absolutely Won't do: I'm pretty open. I haven't *really* roleplayed guys though, so idk about that.
Experience: I've been fantasy roleplaying since i was about eleven (starting on Neopets). I don't do it so much now, but when given the rare opportunity, I'm quite good at it. I'm good at keeping stories moving, anyway.
However, this is my first time being involved in the ball! Last year, I roleplayed in the Crystal Caverns/Caves/iforget, so i have seen how the rooms work.
Other Roles in the Ball: Art + Plot Committees, but no other roles as of yet.
Why Should We Pick You: I never miss the Ball, so I'll be around a lot of the time! Also, i love the ideas in this room. >w< heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:30 am
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Accepted! I've worked with you before and know that you're just the right mix of responsible and creative. I think you'll make a lovely Psyche.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:18 am
I WANT TO BE A BEAUTIFUL PEOPLEZ!
User Name: Sheriff Dustin
Role You Would Prefer: eros god of desire
Roles You Absolutely Won't do: I am open to anything
Experience: 6th annual ball- Co-host of the wild west room (I was security officer1 back then), in the 7th annual ball- Host of the town square room
Other Roles in the Ball: The contest committee captain currently. In the 7th annual ball i was the leader of the fundraiser committee.
Why Should We Pick You: I have experience in the ball and have many ideas. I try my hardest once I am assigned to something and will try to go above and beyond. I am nice, out going and am on gaia for many hours each day.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:52 pm
I made a little sketch of some art we might use. Its Aphrodite and Aurai with the erotes: eros, anteros, pothos, and himeros.
[x]

I'll clean up if you guys like it!  

Queenie Cee
Crew

kkoming

Heart Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:32 pm
User Image
Total Value: 1,157,217 Gold
[Item Information]

Item List:
Grandiose Imports
Ballad of Orpheus
Shiro Hakama
Lovely Genie White Bangled Bra
Gold Metallic Speedies Top
Noel's Gift 3rd Gen.
Silver Laurels
Fremere's Guard 3rd Gen.

something like this for Psyche. The only thing i don't have is the Ballad, but i could probably get that before the ball. Any suggestions? It's hard, I couldn't find to many pictures of her. x3x

@queenie: It's pretty! Post it in Picture Post i think, they usually help with aesthetics and anatomy and stuff. After you clean it up and if you need help, anyway.

3nodding

edit: i drew her for fun 4laugh
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Room Planning

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff