Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Scenery Crafting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andre_kelfar11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:17 pm
Well i couldn't see a topic for scenery crafting.
Nothing much to ask , in an Attempt to save'o some money im going to be making a hoard of eldar terrain from styrofoam, bottles, caps, craftshop gems ect ect.

Im just after some inspiration if you have anything of a thought that just pops into your head throw it in here.

The only ideas iv got so far that i found on the net:
1 . eldar way stones just a bit of spare foam with eldar runes on it (used mainly for a objective marker or somthing.
2. grabbing a Celebrations tub flip it upside down and throwing a cake board on top of it to make a convencing landing pad. (although it would look laughable unpainted) blaugh
3. easy stuff a warp gate.
4. a stryofoam block get a spare or old 40k model put him on top of it and paint the whole thing fortgrey and wash it to look like stone , dark stone , mouldy ect used as a objective again .  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:20 pm
I've actually seen a cool piece of eldar terrain at the Glenn Burney Battle Bunker, (the U.S. head quarters) It was made out of a Bottle of water that was cut several plastic spoons and a spare ash tray  

Battle Brother Bill

Andre_kelfar11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:26 pm
Battle Brother Bill
I've actually seen a cool piece of eldar terrain at the Glenn Burney Battle Bunker, (the U.S. head quarters) It was made out of a Bottle of water that was cut several plastic spoons and a spare ash tray

you seen any eldarish bunkers?
Iv seen this guy on youtube called terrainaholic .
his done quite a bit of eldar work but i don't want that jigsaw look with the terrain his done trying to avoid it but iv i have to i will.

Brains working away iv got my Sketch / note doodle book out atm web surfing for stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:43 pm
surf surf surf smurf smurf smurf.

quick dab grab some Ceiling coping put it thin side up, thick side down cut out some squares or cut a jot in the top to make a barrier for artillary or snow barriers style, wall trench sort of thing. xd
thats a lot of barriers espcialy when you can only buy most coping at more than 2ft long (1ft = 12"inch) i think iv solved my wall problem for the eldar barriers ninja  

Andre_kelfar11

Andre_kelfar11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:32 pm
Well Its Finaly started i had enough bitz lying around the place to make atleast the basic construct of the terrain im trying to make.

Eldar skyshield
1x mac and cheese mircowave meal lid
5x stryofoam wraithbone cut outs.
User Image
The wraith bone was cutt out of a triangle of stryofoam then chipped and worn down into curves then Sanded down for a smooth finish, on top of that to secure the wraithbone i jammed some cocktail sticks in each of the branchs.

and id say this is a failed attempt so far for eldar barriers ether that or it just needs more curvy objects i think i;ll add some side fins of wraithbone cut outs.
User Image

thats it so far there only half - finished .
with the second part i need to buy quite a few kinder eggs or somthing of the same shape to go on the under side of the skyshield as bubbles of decoration, also adding a few shuriken catapults , im still having a bit of trouble trying to work up a idea for eldar type of stairs or lift to go upto the landing pad nothing fancy i might just get a toilet roll and cut a arched door at the bottom.

since theres not much detail yet just the construct iv kept the pics small.
keep tabs for more.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff