Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]
M A N . S A E II M E N T O R . T H R E A D (1/3) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man-Sae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:20 am
User Image
M A N . S A E ll M E N T O R . T H R E A D
Open to critique for everycome but only 3 mentees

Introduction ll Requirement ll Lesson

Introduction

Hello, this is Man-Sae! Although my English is poor, I promise that I will do my best to help other out. After all, I love helping people! So about me, I'm a first year in art college. Although It only been one semester, I have learned alot and hope to share the knowledge I gain through experience!

xxxxxxMy Strength:
xxxxxxxxx-Anatomy
xxxxxxxxx-Color Theory
xxxxxxxxx-Composition
xxxxxxxxx-Digital and Traditional

xxxxxxMy Weakness:
xxxxxxxxx-Background (studying myself)
xxxxxxxxx-Smut

xxxxxxMedium of Choice:
xxxxxxxxx-Photoshop
xxxxxxxxx-Easy Paint Tool Sai
xxxxxxxxx-Pencil
xxxxxxxxx-Pen
xxxxxxxxx-Charcoal
xxxxxxxxx-Pastel
xxxxxxxxx-Copic Marker
xxxxxxxxx-Acrylic Paint
xxxxxxxxx-Oil Paint

xxxxxxStyle:
xxxxxxxxx-Realism
xxxxxxxxxxxx[ acrylic paint ][ Pencil ]
xxxxxxxxx-Semi-realism
xxxxxxxxxxxx[ Digital Lineart ][ Digital ][ Digital ][ Digital ]
xxxxxxxxx-Anime
xxxxxxxxxxxx[ Digital ][ Poster paint ][ Digital ][ Digital ][ Pen ]

Requirement

I am open to critique anyone but if you're applying to become a student, please be warn that you must at lease have some basic knowledge about art, such as art term; value, complimentary and etc. If you really want to learn more about art, I expect you to atlease listen to your art teacher at your school.

xxxxxxApply:
xxxxxxxxx-At lease 5 sketches you have done or a link to your gallery
xxxxxxxxx-What inspire you to become an artist?
xxxxxxxxx-Why do you want to be taught under me?

Lesson

xxxxxxStudents:
xxxxxxxxx-lalamariana
xxxxxxxxx-slot open
xxxxxxxxx-slot open

Tip for the day: When using traditional medium, instead of using pure black, try mixing blue and brown! You'll get a more colorful black!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:17 pm
User ImageUser Image
This is the link to my DA Gallery and I drew that thing -->
This is my Mentee Thread in this guild.

I wasn't inspired to become an artist. I tend to do what people tell me to do--someone told me to draw and that was that. Now I just can't seem to stop.

I really want to draw in pencil like you ^_^ I just can't seem to shade very well on my own, although I think I have gotten better recently. I am also very bad and thinking of what to put in my drawings but I don't know if that can be helped... I also hear I suck at anatomy so I need some help with that as well.

If you could be my mentor that would be great. ^_^

lalamariana

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Man-Sae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:52 am
lalamariana - Accepted!

I was looking through your gallery and you have alot of potential skills. I'll be organizing a lesson for you soon (right now, I got a stomach virus)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
Okay thanks ^_^
Hope you get well soon.

lalamariana

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Man-Sae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:42 pm
lalamariana - Okay, before your first lesson, imma give you a warm up so I can see and understand your ability with pencil, your understanding with human anatomy and your drawing style. It's like killing two bird with one stone! Ahaha!

For your warm up, go to posemaniacs.com at the right, under "tool" click on 30 Second Drawing.

(copy and paste, lol they explain this trainning every well)

What’s this training for?

The idea of thirty seconds drawing app is tool for support gesture drawing.b You will improve in recognizing aspects of figures in a short amount of time, and be able to draw accruately with minimum lines.aking a large of number of sketches in a small amount of time may be good experience especially for begginners. This training will easily become your daily routine.
Procedure

Get ready in front of the screen with a pencil and a paper. Press the start button. The models shown will change every 30 seconds. Your skill will surely improve if you do this training every night and day, with 2 sets of 5 minutes(10 poses).

(copy and paste end here)

For starter, set your timer to 60 second for first 5 drawing, then change it to 45 second for your next 7 drawing. Change it once more to 30 second and do 10 drawing.

This should only take you 15-20 minutes to complete. once you complete it, post your sketches here. I don't expect it to be detail. Actually, it shouldn't be detail at all. I'm not here to see if your anatomy is right or wrong yet, this is just a warm up, so have fun!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
Just so you know-- I can barely write my name in ten seconds... rofl
I also kind of kept drawing if I liked the posed that followed sweatdrop

User Image
User Image  

lalamariana

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100

lalamariana

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:29 pm
User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:13 pm
Haha, no worry about it. These are actually great sketches! I'll be looking at them right now and work on your real lesson ^_^  

Man-Sae

reita do urden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:21 pm
well I think I whatch you on da but here is my acount
http://sliver-fox.deviantart.com/

what inspried me to be come an artist. well it all started with salior moon. i saw the style of art and fell in love with it. on my freshman year of high school i got shoved into an art class. it was there i learned of my talent and i started to fall in love with anime and it's art. now i want to work into a semi realistic art form.

why do i want to be taught under you.
well i am still very cartoony in my art and don't know much about anatomy or color theory and you art amzing and i would like to learn what you know. also i suck at shading ever time some one gives me a critic it always about my shading and you seem to under stand where the light hits on a body so.... hopfuly you can helpl.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:41 pm

The words I want are out of reach, but they've never been so loud...

Okay, I'm applying to be a mentee, but A) I'm new here, so bear with me if I do something wrong and B) I probably don't have the artist vocabulary you are looking for as I am 100% self taught because my school gave me woodshop every year that I asked for art. BUT, you acn treat me like I do have the proper vocab, because I'm an IB student and I could pick it up quite fast ^^

I don't have 5 sketches at this point because I just started getting semi-serious about my work as of a few days ago, but what i have done since then is in my DA Gallery (I would have 5 of my works, but one of them that I liked was a gift to my boyfriend so he has it.)

I have always loved to draw, and never actually knew what I could do until a few days ago when I tried drawing my Helena Bonham Carter. I never kinew what further work I could do until I bought myself a 12 pack of staedtler pencils. (Oh my are they magical) I know I can't get into any decent art school because I have no art background, but I would love to continue Art as a hobby and am looking to improve.

I want to be taught under you because my main interest is in realism and you are the only mentor who has any [good] realism (PARDON MY VOCAB FAIL THERE. It's what I get for trying to learn vocab from context, when people I see using it are using it wrong, haha (Although I do intend to work with actual realism once my skills improve)) that I have found. I think that you would be able to help me improve my work the most (:

Whoops, that was long O_O

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200

lalamariana

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:30 pm
oOllamaOo

Okay, I'm applying to be a mentee, but A) I'm new here, so bear with me if I do something wrong and B) I probably don't have the artist vocabulary you are looking for as I am 100% self taught because my school gave me woodshop every year that I asked for art. BUT, you acn treat me like I do have the proper vocab, because I'm an IB student and I could pick it up quite fast ^^

I don't have 5 sketches at this point because I just started getting semi-serious about my work as of a few days ago, but what i have done since then is in my DA Gallery (I would have 5 of my works, but one of them that I liked was a gift to my boyfriend so he has it.)

I have always loved to draw, and never actually knew what I could do until a few days ago when I tried drawing my Helena Bonham Carter. I never kinew what further work I could do until I bought myself a 12 pack of staedtler pencils. (Oh my are they magical) I know I can't get into any decent art school because I have no art background, but I would love to continue Art as a hobby and am looking to improve.

I want to be taught under you because my main interest is in realism and you are the only mentor who has any [good] realism that I have found. I think that you would be able to help me improve my work the most (:

User ImageUser Image
Read THIS before you go around saying the word realism in this guild ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:34 am
lalamariana
oOllamaOo

I want to be taught under you because my main interest is in realism and you are the only mentor who has any [good] realism that I have found. I think that you would be able to help me improve my work the most (:

User ImageUser Image
Read THIS before you go around saying the word realism in this guild ^_^

I know, I realized that after I posted but didn't have time to edit D:
Thanks ^^

MarianasLlama

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Full closet 200

impish whimsy

Voter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:12 pm
Hey ~
I was just wondering how you get your lines so smooth?
If you need me to become your mentee before you answer that, I'll try to get some sort of gallery running. My works always look so sketchy when I scan and upload them, even if they look good on paper.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:03 pm
I'd like to apply to be your mentee.

I really like your semi-realism style. Your style of digital coloring is what i'm shooting for, although i just started attempting CGI.

I am mostly a traditional artist working with pens, pencils, some watercolors and copic markers. Completely self-taught; my school's art program is rather dreadful. I have been drawing for as long as i can remember, although i got more serious about my work over the last few years. I try to learn on my own, but sometimes it is just not enough.

I am also still figuring out some things about anatomy.

Here are some of my drawings; i am yet to create a mentee gallery here, which i'm hoping to start putting together after i finish this post biggrin

-Semi-vector
-Copics
-colored pencils
-copics, cartoony, rather old
-Pencil, with some cgi
-quick pencil sketch with a 15-minute attempt on cgi coloring  

Anna The Russian

Corvus Enca

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm
Hello! Here you have my gallery:

www.schwertlilie.deviantart.com

I currently work with colored pencils, and I will get a wacom table on the last days of June, for beginning to experiment with CG.

I became artist because I felt I needed to create, and I loved to tell stories to people. I started writing, now I am studying and drawing for making series and movies. But with drawing/ilustration (and dance) I found a way to express not stories, but feelings. And that's incredible important for me now.

I like a lot your anime style. You put attention to details and you are not the usually big-eyes-cute-chibi anime artist we can find in all corners. You have a realistic style too, and I need to improve my anatomy and my shading in a way I am sure you can show me. I really think you can be a very good mentor for me.

Hope I can call you "teacher" soon! ^^  
Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces