Reply 13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature
pets and cold weather

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:57 pm
My nieghbor just stopped by to say that they saw black cat outside and thought it might be mine (why is it that when you own two of something everyone assumes all of them are yours granted it was my husbands cat) anyways they were concerned because its like 20 degrees F outside right now and they couldn't catch him. I told them he must not want to come in then. They told me they couldn't believe that someone so nice would torture their cat. So ya is leaving a cat out in the cold who doesn't want to come in and has a winter coat cruel? I mean none of the cats on my in laws land ever come in for winter and none of them ever die and right now its single digits there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:01 pm
No, it's not cruel. If your cat doesn't want to come in, then let him stay out. I would let my cat outside but when he runs out the house, he stays on the porch and runs back in likes he's scared. He'll come in and I don't call it torture.  

Goddess Tea Time

Desirable Sex Symbol

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:08 pm
That's not cruel. My cat will want out when it's -40 Celsius here and she loves it. Granted she's a very fluffy long haired cat. But hey, that's what she wants.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:34 pm
broken_bleeding_angel
That's not cruel. My cat will want out when it's -40 Celsius here and she loves it. Granted she's a very fluffy long haired cat. But hey, that's what she wants.

I think they're freaked out because he's short haired. But if you pet him (he wouldn't let you if you tried right now) your fingers sink like an inch before you hit skin. Also polar bears are short haired.  

whatagirlwants

AriaStarSong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:58 pm
Even short-haired cats grow thick and fluffy in the winter. My cats go outside all the time and they're short-haired. The only time Jazz doesn't go outside is if it's snowing, and that's because he considers snow to be a personal insult to him. He just sits at the sliding glass door and glares at it, then when you walk by, he glares at you, like it's your fault. But if it's 10 degrees and there's no snow? They'll both be playing outside. They go in and out as they please (cat door... plus convenient humans who will open any other door of the house for them at their whim. And my dad is retired, so he's home most of the time) and often prefer out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:09 am
I don't think it's cruel. They're not just pets; they're animals. They're instincts tell them how to survive in cold weather. And they grow a winter coat to help keep warm in such weather. I think it's fine.  

Rei Uchikino

BlissfulCalamity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:11 pm
It's not cruel.

The other things I was going to say have already been said by everyone else.. :3  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games