Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Weekly Booteh Grabbing Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'll be Grabbin'
  +1
View Results

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:11 pm
Here's the deal. Our Fund raising campaign is in much need of repair. We need some steady funds to ensure that we'll have everything that we need.

I'd like to propose a weekly Grabbing Social Event.

Two Hours each Tuesday Evening - non-mandatory.

With 10 good grabs one could easily make 10k. Could you imagine even more than 10 grabs? Assuming at least 10 members attend this each week that would estimate at least 100k to put forth to our agenda.

In 2 months we could easily achieve a million gold for our cause if not more depending on if we can generate more grabbers each and every week.

I'd like to bring back the neko grabbing awards that were a big hit the last time we did a social. The only difference in this social compared to the last is we will be donating what we grab. And awards for the top donating grabbers will be given. Now one might say, how do we know if someone cheats to claim they out grabbed? My answer, we don't care! As long as the proceeds are going to the cause.

Now with that said-- Please let me know if Tuesday is a good day for you. If the Grabbing Event Becomes a great success it might be extended to 2 days a week of grabtastic excitement!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:04 pm
It's a Winter Wonder Land...

Saturday maybe best for most people, cause then people that go to high school, or collage, or who work weekdays(Like most people.) Could join a lot easier. But then again, I don't know what people in this guild do in their real life. Tuesday could be prefect for most people.

Edit: Of course Tuesday is fine for me, any day is really.

...So slip and fall so I can see another color besides Blue outside.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:33 pm
Tuesday works for me, and that was REALLY fun last time (once we got it working that is). I think it's a great way to rack up some gold. I think for the day, maybe Monday? Anytime works for me after 4 Pm CST. That's when majority of my school events end.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:50 pm
Poyudi Hytori

Saturday maybe best for most people, cause then people that go to high school, or collage, or who work weekdays(Like most people.) Could join a lot easier. But then again, I don't know what people in this guild do in their real life. Tuesday could be prefect for most people.

Edit: Of course Tuesday is fine for me, any day is really.

My logic is Saturday is already a day we do for meebo meetings and handling business. I've already realized that Weekday activies might be hard on some-- but for those who might be working on homework or just getting off of work-- Booty grabbing is just the kind of thing to relax with very little thought involved. Hence keeping it on a weekday seems to be the best route to go in. And those who can't do tuesdays and still would like to grab can establish another day of the week. I'm not going to start this this tuesday, but I am going to start getting an announcement for this rolling so we can begin next Tuesday.  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:56 pm

*Nods.* I found 3 pretty good threads to relate to the Booty Grabing, the first one is a Tutorial. The Second one is Tanks that have been giving me around 1.5k to 2.5k Per grab, and the 3rd one has 50+ pages of tanks that give out a good amount. (While testing stuff out today, I made 60+k while still being active in my event thread and chatting on msn, in about 4 hours of work. (So about 15k an hour I think. )) I'll be taking place in your event if I'm online. (Which I should be most likely.) Anyway, here's the threads.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/t.52240257/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/t.57062351/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/t.54085419/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Oh! I forgot to note, the second link may lag some computers, or people with slower internet connections. But the 3rd one has less tanks per page to stop Lag from happening.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:40 pm
Envy, are we using a similiar method to the social? It was a bit confusing, but it was effective.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:15 pm
I'd be up for this, but Saturdays would be a lot better.  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:44 pm
I don't think I can make it this coming Tuesday...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:12 pm
Thanks so much Pixilated! I haven't been on much this week because my dog Sasha died of breast cancer, our first husky, and besides that I have been really busy.

Tuesdays work really well with me! As I am so busy during the weekends and Mondays and Wednesdays!

I can also link to two or so Dolphin threads, and one mega website thats have helped me in earning a watermeat or two.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/booty-grabbers-dream/t.54085419/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/70-full-dolphin-tanks-open/t.56626818/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-aquarium/dolphin-land-72-828-000-gold-given-everyday-subscribe/t.56432733/

http://dolphinmania.pandaandpenguin.com/dolphinmania/index.php  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:37 pm
Lectern-- I just checked the link to that site. I wanted to re-test it and make a tutorial designed on teaching ppl how to use it.. BUT.. it wouldn't work right. I don't know if its temporary or if they simply stopped keeping the site running. -shrugs- Either way, I think we can use conventional methods and come out just fine. smile

Edit: Wow.. I just checked out the site that jess posted and that is better than the one we were using. !! I'm going to get so rich.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 pm
I won't be coming.

Reason: Time zone difference and I'll be in school (8pm here). XP  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:38 am
Pixilated Envy
Lectern-- I just checked the link to that site. I wanted to re-test it and make a tutorial designed on teaching ppl how to use it.. BUT.. it wouldn't work right. I don't know if its temporary or if they simply stopped keeping the site running. -shrugs- Either way, I think we can use conventional methods and come out just fine. smile

Edit: Wow.. I just checked out the site that jess posted and that is better than the one we were using. !! I'm going to get so rich.
haha. Yes I use that last site a lot when I want to get a big amount in a short period of time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:23 pm
Yah, thats an awesome find jess. I tested it out and passed it to a few friends. And we all had great results with it. And now my dear, I see why you are on the fundraising committee with awesome tricks like these. ~.^

And for those who can't make it-- its understandable. I realize that not everyone will be able to. However if we can get at least 10 people to show up I'll be very happy and inspired to do these more frequently.  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:48 pm
Haha. I sometimes just happen across them accidentally, like I did with that megasite. I've just been so busy that I haven't really shared it with anyone xD. I'm so naughty  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff