Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
News Committee Drama

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:15 am
It's a Winter Wonder Land...

Alright, The problem is a big one.

We need a way for Sara to fit in with the event as the host, or one of the
hosts of the News Room. This announcement will be open for ideas until Feb
7th. At which time I'll go through the ideas, pick out my favorite ones, and
begin a voting period on it. So everyone, please help us solve this problem!

...So slip and fall so I can see another color besides Blue outside.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:20 am
I presented this thought at the meeting, but I'll gladly reiterate it. I think that when Hermes descends from Mount Olympus, Sara should be there reporting on the spot. Hermes recognizes her as a messenger of Gaia, promotes her to demi-god status, and takes her to the News Room to help report.  

Lectern
Crew

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:14 am
I like Lec's idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:19 am
It's a Winter Wonder Land...

I admit, Lectern's Idea is good. I wonder why no one spotted it? Guess it just lost in the convo.

...So slip and fall so I can see another color besides Blue outside.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:46 pm
Poy, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to the forum that it is better suited for.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:50 pm
I know that it might seem like a big issue to you-- but in retrospect this is an issue that should be handled in the news/plot committees threads. And for further recommendations-- please avoid the term drama on the first thread a person sees in coming to the guild. ~.^  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:55 pm
Lectern
I presented this thought at the meeting, but I'll gladly reiterate it. I think that when Hermes descends from Mount Olympus, Sara should be there reporting on the spot. Hermes recognizes her as a messenger of Gaia, promotes her to demi-god status, and takes her to the News Room to help report.
I believe this was mentioned during the meeting-- and the response was that people felt it inappropriate for a civilian to be promoted to a stature of demi-gods due to the fact that the gods in the story line are Greek gods that have been around for ages. And in turn many asked that you try to come up with a way to not have to use Sara, and instead use Hermes, the god intended to represent the news.

If you are wanting to get her approved to be used in the story-- you are going to have to do it in a fashion that makes her an ordinary citizen. She cannot be above nor equal to the gods. Otherwise her character would be out of place and monger the entire story.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:21 am
I have this idea, but I'm not sure whether it'll work...

As the God descended to report about the gigantic party, Sara's News Team is there reporting about the issue. Hermes, being a big fan of mischief, saw interest in her. He then proclaim he'll be needing an assistant as Hephaestus is having a headache and the two of them are unable to control the situation. He then proclaims her as his assistant/helper/partner for the News Room and sends her to report on all the crazy/weird/dangerous things around the ball, just to see her suffer (it can give her an excuse if she wants to appear when Eris starts messing around with things). Then maybe he kidnaps her and her News Team or something. xd

Hopefully it helps. ^^  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Enjoy the randomness...

Bliss just subjested this and I'm posting it here for reference, and to see if people like it.

xTrueBlissx
Also, if we need another thing to help this along, I was doing some research on Hestia. She was goddess of home and hearth, and it was said she would become angry if a guest was turned away and not provided shelter. Since she is the eldest of the gods and the most highly respected (keeper of Mt. Olympus), maybe there can be an argument among the gods reguarding the news team and she can overrule them and offer them a place to stay for the duration of the ball.
It would be also cool if the other gods, even though they don't try to go against hestia, try to cause sara trouble like you suggested (maybe she could fall into traps laid by some of the gods to make it interesting?
It would make a good sub-plot filler for down times.

...That is me.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Recycle Bin

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games