Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lumanny the Space Jew

Blessed Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:51 am
As in, the show.

In my personal opinion, TOS pwns all other Star Trek shows.
But Enterprise just makes it too easy.

My question is: WTF were they thinking?? After the billions of times that TOS and TNG have talked about the past and what there was and was not...

They just add in another Enterprise? After they said "There have been X number of ships called Enterprise since Starfleet began"

They give them Phasers? They already established that there were not phasers back then.

And what about those self-healing space suits? Even 200 years later in TNG, if your suit springs a leak, you're dead.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:01 pm
Yeah, when I first heard the opening theme to Enterprise. I was really confused, like.. What is this?! The Discovery Channel?!?!?!  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Lumanny the Space Jew

Blessed Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:51 pm
xXSuperWhateverXx
Yeah, when I first heard the opening theme to Enterprise. I was really confused, like.. What is this?! The Discovery Channel?!?!?!

I totally love their theme song.
But not for a Star Trek show!! For a Discovery Channel show or something, like you said!!

It's been a long road..
Getting from there to here....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 pm
I totally noticed that too. I mean, they had the newly-developed transporter, but technology was waaaaaaaaay better than TOS, and parts of TNG. I know that's because it was filmed in a time where technology was better, but they should have at least under-developed parts of the ship.  

larxene 12

4,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

ilikeike

2,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:32 pm
I was also slightly upset with Enterprise when I first began watching it. [Expecially the Klingon in the first episode.] I, too, was freaking out and screaming "wtf?" at the t.v. screen. I think, though, as I continued to watch them that I kind of overlooked the inconsistencies because I liked the series so much. I realize that to most hardcore trekkies that that doesn't make up for it, but that's just me.

P.S. The first time I watched an Enterprise episode with the theme song I thought the library had switched the disks in the box. I stopped and examined the DVD before calling my brother in confusion. He laughed at me. Now I thoroughly enjoy belting it out.

Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games