Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:45 pm
I'm not really going to go into a whole huge story.
Basically, me and this guy like each other. I would love to eventually start dating but I don't know if I want to ask him or not.

What I need opinions on:
Would you wait for him to ask you or would you do it yourself?
Which is more romantic?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:09 am
I'd go for it if I knew he liked me back. (Which is my problem right now... I think he might, but I'm not sure. I can't figure him out. XD I really want to ask him out, but I have to fight paralyzing fear, self-confidence issues, doubt, worrying about wrecking things, insidious little 'what-if's, etc. So I never end up just... going for it. XP But enough about me.)
More romantic... well, I personally would love to be swept off my feet by some guy, but sometimes if you want something done, you've gotta do it yourself, you know? Guys boast about being all macho and brave, but really they can be chickens at times. xP

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:21 am
To start things off ask to go out on a casual date...the kind high schoolers go on. Movies are perfect for this. Screw waiting for him, some guys (and its usually the really sweet ones) can't work up the nerve to ask a pretty girl out. this is a very easy sentence "we should go to the movies some time." You will find out very soon if he likes you back without it being awkward. signs he doesn't; he ouright says he doesn't want to go on a date with you(in that case save your a** by saying "with friends"), He will invite friends to come along (though this may be a simple misunderstanding so sit next to him), your sitting next to him but he makes no physical contact and disregards the contact you make(remember he might just be shy). So ya if he says yes, comes alone, wants to pay, sits next to you, and/ or makes physical contact these are signs its a date. Move from their.

As far as romance goes its not who does the asking its what you do. I took my husband to this Brazilian 4 star all you can eat grill where they roast meat over an open fire and bring you different cuts and you get how much you want. Its really good. Anyways I took hubby there for his 21st and let him get a glass of wine. It was rather romantic. another time I was having a crummy day so he got in a fight with me so that I would get so pissed off that i'd storm out. Then he made some super sensual Mahi Mahi and made margatinis (margaritas with vodka), and lit candles. He waited until I walked past the house then set everything up in the front yard so that when I got back around to our place I would see this awesome meal waiting for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:06 pm
In my opinion its more romantic for a guy to ask you out, but if you like each other and he wont make a move, dont be afraid to go for it! Just casually ask him to do something with you. It can be something like going to the mall or the movies, or it can be something that you both really wanted to do, like go to a new cafe that just opened or rent a favorite movie together and then make a party out of it.

Wait and see if he makes a movie- drop subtle hints and stuff, be flirty, etc.. if he wont make a move but you know he likes you, go for it razz

edit: I agree with froggymama. Basic movie dates are great and simple and easy to set up (and the friend thing can be a fall back).  

The_Brightest_Moon

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:34 pm
I'm not a very romantic person, so I don't think I'd be able to give you my opinion on which one is more romantic. I guess an opinion on this would depend on the person, though.

I'm a really shy person, so I'd prefer that he ask me out. But if I like him and I knew he liked me back then I would probably just go for it. Simply because I don't want to beat around the bush, you know? Some other girl could come into the picture and ask him out first. And if he said yes, then I'd be out of luck.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:39 pm
Would you wait for him to ask you or would you do it yourself?
I get impatient real easily. If he doesn't have the balls to do it then I would.

Which is more romantic?
That depends on how you go about it. Either way can be romantic if done to each other's liking.

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Lisiana

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:38 pm
For me, I think it's more romantic if the guy asked you out.

But I don't know with others. If you have the guts, ask him. If both of you like each other, either be the one who'll ask or the one who'll wait to be asked.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:20 am
i think i would be more romantic if the guy ask you out.., just wait for it gudluck  

pauliana

Sparkly Gaian

5,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:41 pm
Asking someone out is tough. Its okay to drop some hints and wait a while to see if he'll ask you out. But don't wait too long. If its not happening after a few weeks, then if you want anything to happen then you have to take the initiative. Its very likely that he does want to date you, but is too shy to ask. It can be suprising and cute for a girl to break the stereotype and ask out a guy. Most importantly its better than missing the opportunity and living with regret.

I agree with froggy that you should ask him to go on a casual date. I recommend asking him to do [this thing] at [this time]. The phrase, "we should do something sometime" will not lead to an actual date. It will lead to hestitancy and embarrasment about setting up an activity until you both end up giving up. See my thread about making a strong move for more information about asking someone out.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games