Have you read them?
  Yes.
  No.
  Never heard of them.
View Results

Fuyuri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:30 am
Who has read the awsome books?
I personally like them better than Harry Potter.
I just love the witty, big-mouth demon Bartimaeus. Book three came out not to long ago here in europe. It was great, even if the ending was a bit sad.
My favorite was the first book though.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:53 pm
read #1, loved it, #2 is still in harbback and its like 30 bucks, #3? ididnt know it was out, even in eurpope  

Saint Rydire

jaythenerdkid

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:48 pm
Unfortunately, I've only read the first one, but I loved it. Bartimaeus is a creation of genius!

...I've only just joined this guild, but I already feel like a kid let loose in a candy store.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:25 pm
[Shadow.Elven-mage]
...I've only just joined this guild, but I already feel like a kid let loose in a candy store.

n.n Glad you like the guild so far. Hope it continues.  

NightIntent
Captain

jaythenerdkid

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:16 am
NightIntent
[Shadow.Elven-mage]

n.n Glad you like the guild so far. Hope it continues.

Heehee, me too. ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:42 pm
Ha. Nice comparison. I've read the first one, but I can't find the second one in paperback anywhere! I have the first one in paperback, and I like to have them all the same, so I need the second two in paperback.  

Lonora

Lonora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:24 pm
YAY BARTIMAEUS!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:36 am
The Bartimaeus Trilogy is GREAT - but I've only read the 1st one whee  

Mayru

fantasyflirt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:27 pm
haha, i'm bad, i think i read the first half of the first one, but i liked it that far, and will read it all one of these days, haha, but my sister read the first one and found the second in her school library, and she absolutely loved them  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:18 am
I have all three! heart My favie is the first one. But I only just started #3... But Bartimaeus kills me!!! blaugh He always makes me laugh. Like, in the third book, he says:
He could pass for a man. From behind. When viewed far away. On a very dark night

Well, that's not it exactly, but it's what needed to be told. BARTIMAEUS IS THE BEST COMEDIAN EVER!!!!!! xd rofl  

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

doodlebuggey88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:46 pm
I love the wit in the Bartimaeus books, that's what really drew me in. I've read all three books and am obsessed with them all. I do admit I sometimes thought Nathaniel was an annoying stupid git, but I never hated him and in all the books I had that glimmer of hope that he would be nice I saw the ending coming, but I didn't what happened to happen so it came as even more of a shock. So I change the ending in my head.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:58 pm
Yes!!! I have friends here!! The Bartimaes books are the best, I have all three and have read them several times!! I recommend them to everyone!! But it's crazy here, everywhere I look I find a thread devoted to me favorite books and my favorite authors.  

X_Dark _Princess_X

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:02 pm
Rekhyt_Bartimaeus
I have all three! heart My favie is the first one. But I only just started #3... But Bartimaeus kills me!!! blaugh He always makes me laugh. Like, in the third book, he says:
He could pass for a man. From behind. When viewed far away. On a very dark night

Well, that's not it exactly, but it's what needed to be told. BARTIMAEUS IS THE BEST COMEDIAN EVER!!!!!! xd rofl

I finished #3 quite a while ago. It was awesome, but I was so sad in the end. I don't even like to think of it. I feel like I'll start crying... crying But #1 and #3 are my favorites. #2 was okay, but not as good as the others.

Is it just me, or does it happen in every trilogy that the 3rd book is always the best? Actually, I like the 3rd book in practically every series I read.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:30 pm
I started the first one, but I wasn't really interesting in it so I put it on hold. One of these days I'll probably go back and read all of them, since everyone I've meet who's read them seems to really like them.

Peace! ninja

Julri

ittle_Vash_in_da_world

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:45 am
I really loved reading the Bartimaes trilogy though the final book was kinda sad but i shan't give anything away.... wink unless ya want me to!!! xd enjoy the sarcAstic sardonic and hilarious footnotes made by Bartimaes!!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff