Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Water meal...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:58 pm
So like today i had yoghurt and cornflakes for breakfast then for lunch i had a chicken sandwhich with wholegrain bread it has been about only 5 hours and i'm already hungry so while waiting for dinneri have been drinking water nearly like 3 litres now... o.o

So my question is.. is it bad to drink to much water or can i just keep drinking to my hearts content? (on another note just letting you all know my parents so kindly have no other healthy food in the house at the moment since i mentioned my deiting they decided to have take out tonight. x.x)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:28 pm
You do have to watch the amount of water you intake versus how much you eat/exercise. It is possible to get 'water poisoning' if you drink too much water in a short period of time.

While we need to intake water, too much can dilute the important vitamins and minerals in our body that we need to function. I believe the recommended intake of water is 8, 8ox glasses a day for the average person. Obviously if you do a lot of cardio in a day, you'd need more because you are running through the liquid in your body. But at that point, it is recommended to drink a sports drink to help replenish the salt and electrolytes in your body.

To be honest, my rule of thumb is to drink comfortably. I don't force myself to drink too much so long as my urine is pale yellow. Pale yellow/light yellow means you are hydrated and the waste is being washed from your body. If your urine is bright yellow, it means you are not hydrated enough and it's time to pick up a water bottle.

I'll drink some between meals, but I don't ever find myself full. Just sloshy, which makes me feel sick. Use common sense with your own body. Only you can tell us what your body is doing.

Anbaachan

Bloodstorm Revolution

Shy Noob

13,575 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:27 am
Well that makes a lot of sense, just wanted to make sure to be on the safe side, honestly i didn't really feel any different.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:00 pm
Technically you can overdose on water, but it's basically impossible to do. drink as much water as you like, chances are everything will be fine.  

freelance lover

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games