Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Charkas

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyo-chan Somha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:49 pm
I would like to learn all I can about charkas. I would like to learn what each point means, how to open them, how to tell if they are already open, and anything else. Thank you very much for any advice and I am open to any knowledge or book reference.
Thank you again  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:19 pm
There are lots of resources on chakras ... as long as you spell the word correctly. wink You may simply want to do an internet search on the subject for starters.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Jasta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:27 am
Chakras are basically energy centers within the body. There's two different chakra systems that I am familar with - one involves 10 chakras, one involves 7.

The 10 chakra system works like this: link

The 7 system, like this: link

You can learn to do all kinds of energy work with them... especially healing. there are crystals that correspond to each chakra (varies), which most crystal books will have a little bit of information about.

A basic chakra meditation consists of going into your meditative state and opening each chakra one by one, from the top to the bottom, or the bottom to the top, cleaning them if necessary, then closing the chakras in reverse order that you opened them. Chakras tend not to open by themselves - you have to will it, and you can "tell" when they're open - its kind of a throbby feeling, fels almost like it should hurt, but it doesn't.

Chakra work can be really simple, or really complex - as with everything else smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:32 am
Yasmine has a great section on them in her book Sexual Ecstasy and the Divine. I also recommend Anodea Judith's Chakra Balancing, I ended up using Judith's work for the background work behind the rituals I designed, a set of candles by Aloha Bay, and some personally selected stones along with Yasmine's guided meditations for the core of the ritual.

In short- I went overkill. But what I did manage to work through got the job done.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff