Submit

Goddess of Eggrolls

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:20 pm
♪♪♫ ɩøɴ ɗɩƨƿʟɑϲɘɱɘɴʈ wøɴ’ʈ wøʀк ɩɴ ʈʜɘ ʙɑƨɘɱɘɴʈ ♪♪♫

ɢøɗɗɘƨƨ øғ ɘɢɢʀøʟʟƨ ƨɑʏƨ
╔═════════════════════════════╗
╔══════════════════════════╗

Ok so I have two questions. Or dilemmas. Whatever. xD

What do you do when I guy you've been really good friends with for a long time randomly tells you that he's always liked you? Or how do you say no. Cuz I don't. >_> He said that and then he hastily threw in ther "not to make it awkward or anything" and then just kept talking.

And dos, what if you and your really good girl friend both like the same guy and you know she likes him, and he asks you out. Would you say sure, or no? Cuz thats almost along the same line as the whole "my ex asked out my bestie". Almost kinda.

Anyways, I was just wondering. xD

╚══════════════════════════╝
╚═════════════════════════════╝

♪♪♫ ɘƨƿɘϲɩɑʟʟʏ wʜɘɴ ɩ’ɱ ɴøʈ wɩʈʜ ʏøυ ♪♪♫

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:31 pm
1. OMG I'm in the same problem right now, and I don't know what to do either so I'm hoping someone else can answer it for us.
Umm, just tell him politely that you don't like him like that? Idk, someone tell me if that's not the best solution...

2. Something like this happened to me about a year ago... except the guy asked out my friend, not me. My friend was going to say yes (it didn't work out though) and I was EXTREMELY hurt. Now that I look back on it, I realized he liked her and not me, so I'm okay with it now. All I'm trying to say is, if you friend doesn't realize that and she still likes the guy, things could get ugly.

I hope I helped. sweatdrop

M e h P u s s N B o o t s

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:33 pm
1. you can just act like you never heard...that may be best. Or you can say I don't want to ruin a great friendship buy getting complicated

2. you talk to your friend. Tell her he asked you out and you would like to say yes but you know she likes him and ask how she feels about it. Also assure her that if a guy you liked asked her out you'd be fine with it. If she is not fine with it you can choose him or her. I'd go with her and tell him "I'm sorry but my friend likes you and I don't want to hurt our friendship" or "I'm focusing on school right now." something that either lets him know that your friends are more important or not now maybe later (as in if the friendship ends) If she is ok with it go for it but don't go talking about him all the time around her and stuff she may be cool with but she doesn't need to be constantly reminded that her crush picked you.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm
For now, let it go, but if he brings it up, tell him that you thin of him as just friends, and then just move on.

Ask teh friend and go from there. Although, if she says no, I would wonder why exactly. Remmebr, you cannot choose who the boy likes, only choose your actions. So, if you do get together with him, dont be all over him around your friend.  

angel_259236102

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:40 pm
About the guy friend: I've been in the same situation but reversed xD So I'll tell you what he told me. Basically... you just need to tell him it's not the same for you. You love him but more in a brother way, and you dont wanna lose the friendship. There are other girls, and you really value your friendship with him. You've had some great times together, but you're just not supposed to be together that way. You'll always be there for him and you dont want anything to change, but you just dont love him like that. Let him down soft n' easy, but still getting the point across. Also, don't dwell on the subject. Leave it at that, and then act on as if it never happened. If he brings it up, say the same thing.

About the crush asking you out: Honestly, I think that's either a do or dont. He asked YOU out, meaning he wants to be with YOU. You either say yes and be happy with him and piss off your friend (but she'll get over it and realize there are other guys) or say no, be a people pleaser and lose an opportunity to date someone you like. It's a double edged sword- either way one of you will end up unhappy. I can't really answer this for you, as it's your decision. I don't know how your friend will react. I'd say go for it, but beware, your friend probably wont be happy. I would go for it, though. It's your life, not hers.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:41 pm

Uno~ His nerves must have made him keep talking. I've been through this before so here goes... Well, the best thing you can do is talk to him in private. Let him know how you feel in a polite manner. Saying it harshly would just make him feel worse. Wait for his response, then between the both of you figure out what is best to do, if to keep being friends or take a little break from each other. I rather you both take a break. He'll most likely feel bad and will need time to adjust.

Dos~ This happened to me when I was in high school. My best friend and I liked the same boy. He asked me out. I went out with him and told him that I liked him but that I valued my friend more. In time, they started dating, but by then I was already over him.

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Goddess of Eggrolls

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:56 pm

ɢøɗɗɘƨƨ øғ ɘɢɢʀøʟʟƨ ƨɑʏƨ

@Everyone- Thanks alot!<3 It actually does help, especially since for the most part, everyone was kinda on the same lines. I know that with my friend, not only does the whole I-don't-like-you-like-that thing play into it, but he's moving back to Georgia.

As for the crush thing, I'll prolly just talk to the friend to let her know the situation but go with the boy. x3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:03 pm
M e h P u s s N B o o t s
1. OMG I'm in the same problem right now, and I don't know what to do either so I'm hoping someone else can answer it for us.
Umm, just tell him politely that you don't like him like that? Idk, someone tell me if that's not the best solution...

2. Something like this happened to me about a year ago... except the guy asked out my friend, not me. My friend was going to say yes (it didn't work out though) and I was EXTREMELY hurt. Now that I look back on it, I realized he liked her and not me, so I'm okay with it now. All I'm trying to say is, if you friend doesn't realize that and she still likes the guy, things could get ugly.

I hope I helped. sweatdrop

ɢøɗɗɘƨƨ øғ ɘɢɢʀøʟʟƨ ƨɑʏƨ

Yeah, these situations are no fun. D; But I think that your suggestion and the others are really the best thing. I don't think I'd just ignore him though like what FroggyMama said though. At least I wouldn't. I think that might just make it worse. But thats just me. xD

Goddess of Eggrolls

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out