Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
~Frakkin's Fat-loss Frenzy~ {Progress: -2.6lbs} :3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much weight have you lost so far?
  None
  Under five pounds
  Five to ten pounds
  Ten to twenty pounds
  Twenty to thirty pounds
  Thirty to fifty pounds
  More than fifty pounds~
  Unfortunately gained weight
View Results

frakkin

Wheezing Pieslinger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:02 pm
User Image

*Weight loss attempt officially started March 15th.

Height: 5'3
Starting Weight: 140lbs
Current Weight: 137.4 lbs

I'd like to lose around 25 lbs by the end of June, in time for my graduation and seeing my boyfriend again~ But 20lbs would be acceptable, too.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:24 pm
User Image

Annnnd a very embarrassing picture of me wearing some grey thing so I can have a before picture.

I'm glad the internet is sufficiently anonymous.

frakkin

Wheezing Pieslinger

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:34 pm
; A; can i hug you? Your body is what im kind of aiming for XD Anyway all the best of luck in your endeavors sweetie <3  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:47 pm
Anzelia La Belle
; A; can i hug you? Your body is what im kind of aiming for XD Anyway all the best of luck in your endeavors sweetie <3

Thank you very much~ Good luck to you too o3o!

frakkin

Wheezing Pieslinger

Honeydew Ice Cream

Tipsy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:22 pm
I'll keep you my dirty little secret...

Wow. xD I'm guessing that the fact that we're the same height and weight explains why my body shape is pretty similar to yours. -high fives- I'm trying to lose around 20-25 pounds by May (so I've got a little longer than you xD), so that I can look good for my prom. Lots of luck to you! <3

...don't tell anyone or you'll be just another regret.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:28 pm
frakkin
Anzelia La Belle

Thank you very much~ Good luck to you too o3o!

o 3o thank you!!!  

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

frakkin

Wheezing Pieslinger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 pm

I didn't do too badly yesterday. I have the frootloops for breakfast, and some porcupine meat balls for dinner, with corn and rice. And two cookies. And bunch of tea.

And I had some wheat cereal for breakfast today. It was yummy.

I hope I actually lose weight for once ._.

I've tried many times before, even all the way back when I was 12. I've always been unsuccessful. I get discouraged so quickly. It seems my mind is very good at finding ways of persuading me to stop trying. Though I have to say, I've always been stressed in general at my dad's place, which is where all but on attempts have occurred. My mom's place is more relaxing, and she has an elliptical trainer, which I like more. I read online that elliptical trainers make you burn calories faster than using a treadmill, but it tricks your body into thinking it's doing less work so you don't "feel the burn" as much. I remember when I was littler I liked to use it just because I like the whole exercising part, without it hurting as much. I think I just have crap joints ._. In any case, I'm moving back with my mom in a month so maybe losing weight will be easier~

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:41 pm

You're not alone. In fact you are saying the same exact things most of us have said in our early posts. Go read mine! I had like a streak of 5 days where I was nothing but depressed, asking myself why I was even bothering trying because I have failed so many times in the past. My brain was literally trying to get me to cheat on myself. But it's about being strong. You're posting here (i'm hoping) to keep tabs on yourself. But by making them public, you're allowing other people to keep tabs on you too, making it easier to be honest with yourself.

I update everyday (except over Dec. 24 and 25) because I want to do my best to stay to true to myself. Some people only use their journal as a place to track their progress. Some people use it to keep tabs on what they ate in the day. I personally use mine more as a personal journal. I write about my successes and failures, both on my diet and outside of it. I rant in mine. I do it because writing is supposed to help keep your mind off eating. For example, I'm hungry right now. But I haven't gotten up in the last 30 minutes at least to eat something because I've been occupied with responding to posts. don't be afraid to use your journal. and just because no one posts replies sometimes, doesn't mean we're not reading your progress.

As for the elliptical machine, they are better for your knees and ankles. A treadmill can be very harsh, but running in general normally is. And I hear you. I have many injuries from being a dancer in my prime (Lol, I sound old). I have a shot lower back, hips, knees, ankles, and toes. I also have a screwed up shoulder from nearly dislocating it while playing badminton in PE. All I can recommend is stretch before and after a workout, let an achy muscle rest for a day, and find workouts that work for you. It's not worth hurting yourself constantly to lose the weight.

Sorry for the wall of text. Wishing you luck and take care!

Anbaachan

frakkin

Wheezing Pieslinger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:47 pm

Thank you very much. I like how friendly and supportive this guild is.

I'm not exactly sure what I'll be using this journal for, but it's giving me more motivation to go through with losing weight because I'm telling other people. I'd feel weird to tell people I'm going to do something, and not go through with it.

Thank you for your awesome post~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:48 am

I've been doing 20 minutes on the elliptical for the past two days. I was thinking about doing something like jumping rope when I get back. The internet has informed me that it's a high intensity interval training sort of thing, which is what turbulence training is all about. Jumping ropes are cheap, and easy~ I'll try combining it with whatever muscle building activities I can perform with what I have from the turbulence training guide. If I weigh 138 in a week I will be happy whee It'll mean it's working.

EDIT: Also DDR. I like DDR~

frakkin

Wheezing Pieslinger

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:20 pm
We have the same goal weight. C:

Um,
how did you fit your whole body into your before pic? Did someone do it for you or did you have a timer? ._. I really need to get around to doing a before pic but haven't a clue. Eep.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:34 pm
Stars in my Pocket
We have the same goal weight. C:

Um,
how did you fit your whole body into your before pic? Did someone do it for you or did you have a timer? ._. I really need to get around to doing a before pic but haven't a clue. Eep.

You have a head start. (゚д゚) But I think the dates we want to be that weight are close. I don't think I'll make it ._.

I used a timer.

frakkin

Wheezing Pieslinger

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:53 pm
I'll look for my camera's timer feature. c: That'll be my goal for this week. (I get really embarrassed and tend to avoid "before" pics). And honestly you look thinner than I do, I'd have never guessed your starting weight. o: So you'll look skinny-minnie when you get to your goal. <3  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Yay. I hope I do look thin. I hate how my chest is going to disappear j ^ j. I have nothing already. It'll be like dividing by zero. Thankies thankies.

Last night I stayed at an all-nighter, and did eat a bit of junk food. It wasn't all that much, and was spread out through the night. I mean, it wouldn't be helping me lose weight, but it wasn't terrible. I made sure I didn't gorge myself or anything.

I'm hoping to be one of those people who are successful at losing weight and other people become inspired by it. It's make me feel special 'n' stuff. I don't want to have this journal for a month, with it full of posts about how I accidentally spoiled my daily calories with bad food or over indulgence and thus haven't lost much weight. I'd feel nice if I actually were to lose the amount of weight that I want without having any slips. That has helped me stay on track since I've started. I mean, I haven't been doing this for very long so I can't say for sure, but at least so far.

I've decided a reward for the full intended weight loss is this. I think it's neato lookin'.

frakkin

Wheezing Pieslinger

frakkin

Wheezing Pieslinger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:04 pm

I pigged out a bit Sunday and Monday because I had a bunch of flights and my boyfriend bought loads of snacks while we were on the plane and offered me them. So I thought it should be okay since I don't fly on a plane all of the time, I just need to make sure to continue with the exercising and proper eating afterward, which I have been today. I weighed myself, with this different scale that uses kg. I weigh 63.9 kg according to it. I assume the junky food may have been weighing me down a tiny bit, or there's a small difference in the scales. But 3 weeks ago I weighed more around 66 kg with this scale o3o In any case I've lost weight~

I'mma add some DDR in for exercise, and use jumping rope for the turbulence training thing since I don't have an elliptical trainer right now, and I like those j ^ j

My boyfriend has decided to try and buff up a bit and is ordering a free trial for some cleanse ultra and lean musclex because it apparently has good results. He thinks it could just be bull, but it's only 6 dollars for the shipping and handling so he doesn't care too much. He doesn't want to be super muscly. Just replace some of his skinniness. He's got the whole skinny-fat thing going on 'cause he's a computer nerd like me.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff