Submit

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:32 pm
I've been working on an imperial guard recently, with the intention of perhaps making a mould of it.
[Yea, have been thinking of creating much more than one model. Kind of like starting a range.. Monetary issues are stopping me from rushing any of it..]

My own name for them is the 'Vetruvian Guard'.
But yes, please tell me what you think and give any critisisms, just bear in mind that it's still rough and going through changes. I intend on trying my own arms/ hands/ guns as opposed to normal imperial weaponry.

X|X|X
You'll notice the sheer height of them..

And, a model I *was* to turn into a vindicare assassin. I may turn him into a psyker for my current imperial legion.
X|X
The eldar symbols and the such shall be removed/ filled with greenstuff to make it seem more like a suit rather than plates of armour [Like on the legs]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:03 pm
They look pretty slick, Messyart. I'm a fan of your stuff by and large, and I'm looking forward to seeing progress on this.

That said, is it in their background that they're supposed to be ungodly large or is that just an accidental occurrence?  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:39 pm
The fluff as of yet is unwritten, but it's in my mind that their homeworld is a harsh place.
The kind of place you'd find ogryns.

They wear clothes to better emthasise their size, too.

But yea, it was pretty much an accident. I based the torso on an eldar biker body and to fit it in the right posture to a guardsmans legs required a wedge of greenstuff, so he grew rather a bit.
Thanks though smile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:09 am
The psyker so far looks incredible. Nicely posed as well. The head looks a bit off but with a splash of paint it might not look so out of place.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:21 am
Messyart
The fluff as of yet is unwritten, but it's in my mind that their homeworld is a harsh place.
The kind of place you'd find ogryns.

They wear clothes to better emthasise their size, too.

But yea, it was pretty much an accident. I based the torso on an eldar biker body and to fit it in the right posture to a guardsmans legs required a wedge of greenstuff, so he grew rather a bit.
Thanks though smile

less gravity? if we lived our lives on the moon, we would be far taller than on earth, as although minor, the earths gravity stunts our growth slightly.

on a very low-grav planet, i would imagine the inhabitants would be a good couple of feet taller then terran-born soldiers  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:14 pm
Yes, low gravity.
:3

And by out, do you mean a bit big?  

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items