Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Announcement Archives
The 8th Annual Ball Half-Time Report!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Views!
  +1
  -1 (Meanie!)
View Results

Sara DawnTimes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:15 am
The 8th Annual Ball Half-Time Report!

It is time, We're half way to the 8th Annual Ball. This is Sara's Special Half-Time Report! Unlike a normal Newsletter which only reports on the past month's events. This Report will cover everything that has happened so far. and after our look to the past, we'll take a look at the future, and all the work yet to be done.

A lot of work has been put into this so far, and a lot has been done. But there is still a lot of work to be done. Keep those Spirits up, and celebrate our Successes! (While Ingoreing our failures.)

Well let us start this out with a look back at last year's Ball shall we?

The 7th Annual Ball, Fun times.

The 7th Annual Ball, like many past balls, continued to push the limits of what a User-Made event could do. Despite problems, and our host being unable to be there during the ball. It was our largest Ball to date. With the addition of the Gaia 7 Action News News Room, and Interviews, to the normal formula for this event. Many people had fun, some stressed out, and a few disappeared... (*Whispers to her director.* I though we weren't suppose to comment on that.) *Turn back to the camera.* Uhh...... Anyway! Over all many of us simply got more fond memories of the Annual Ball, and it's made us want all the more to continue doing this event!

A Slow Start.

Like past years, Planing started right away. But many people wanted a small vacation, and also like normal, the planing started out slow, and we didn't really get in gear until Late September. So yes we may have missed the whole "Back to School" Time for our mini events. Aren't we all better off? I mean really, who actually likes those types of events?

October, A Halloween Special.

It was October when our First Fundraiser kicked off, and our first Mini event happened. The Fundraiser was(Is) called Blue Forest.(More on that later.)

Halloween Bash

As many of you many remember I reported on this Mini Event back on Oct 31st. Wondering how it turned out? Wonder no more! With 53 pages of posts, it was a success! At this event they partied hard, and sold Virtual Candy Art to people to raise funds.

In October we also picked out our Theme.

Our Theme. A Theme based event!

The Theme we picked is of course, Greek Gods and Myths. Leading the rooms to be set up as...

::Main Room::
Hosted By: Zeus, Goddess Hera of the Family, Goddess Hestia of the Hearth
Setting: Mt. Olympus

::News Room::
Hosted By: News Team, God Hermes of Messages, and God Hephaestus of Metallurgy (Working on News Chariot)
Setting: Mt. Olympus / Wherever the News Room Wants to Put it.

::The Room of Wisdom and Arts::
Hosted By: Goddess Athena of Wisdom and Arts and God Apollo of Sun and Music
Setting: Sunlit Gallery / Library

::The Sea Room::
Hosted By: God Poseidon of the Sea and Princess of the Nereids
Setting: Beach with Lots of Rocks for the Nereids to Sit On.

::The Celebration::
Hosted By: Goddess Demeter of the Harvest and God Dionysus of Merrymaking
Setting: Great Feast Room

::The Dark Room::
Hosted By: God Ares of War and God Hades of the Underworld
Setting: Creepy / Gothic Castle in the Netherworld

::The Room of Beauty::
Hosted By: Goddess Aphrodite and Princess of the Nymphs
Setting: Beautiful Rose Garden with Lots of Mirrors and Love Seats all around.

::The Forest Room::
Hosted By: Goddess Artemis of the Hunt and Prince of the Centaurs
Setting: Clearing in the Forest

(This information is from The Plot Planning Committee.)

A New Co-Host!

Back on Nov 2nd, It was announced that True Bliss was our new Co-Host. We here at Gaia 7 Action News wish to take this time to congratulate her.

User Image
Congratulations Bliss!

The here and Now.

Even though not much happened during the November month, we are still working hard. Fast forwarding to December, I shall finally tell you what has happened this month! Hey as we all know, now is when we really begin to take off running!

Room Host Applications!

The Application process was dated to end the 19th, and now we all await to find out who is running what rooms! (And who will be working with Sara during the ball.)

Sweet Baked Goods.

Well, for those of us who don't have to stay thin because they are seen on TV all the time reporting News.... Some of members have opened a Bake Goods Shop. Please go and support them, buy some food, Eat, and whatever else one does at a place I can't go. >.<'

Ethereal Bake Goods.

HoliDaze!

broken_bleeding_angel Has been hard at work to get our Main Holiday event under way! However it seems she really needs some help to finish pulling it together in time. A call to all who can help her, Go to the planing thread ASAP!

HoliDaze

Sara's Christmas Bash.

Well until HoliDaze is up and running, at least we all can party at my Christmas mini event. It's small and very simple, the point is just to have fun partying away.

Go There --->

Secret Santa Inter-guild Event

Whimsical Rhetoric is running a Secret Santa for our Guild! I hope those who entered get what their wishing for.

Secret Santa

Still in Planing.

What to help out with a future event or contest? Well here is a small listing of ones currently in planing.

Raffle
Gaia Survivor
January event
February Event

Blue Forest.

Blue Forest is a fundraiser that's been working hard since the 6th annual ball to raise Gold for our Annual Ball. They have had some success so far, raising a little over 232,000 Gold so Far.

Our funds so far.

The Annual Ball Mule account has reported to have just over 1 million Gold so far! Keep those donations comeing, we now have over 1/5th of our Goal!

Teh Committee Report!

Alright! It's time to take an in-depth look at each committee to see how their doing!

Plot Committee Report!

They seem to have everything going faster then last year, Lady Angel has said that hopefully in a week or two they'll have the Main Plot finished. Though I wonder if we're going to see T-Corp again...

Fundraising Committee Report!

Well I pretty much already said how things are going for them up above. >.>' and I do hate to repeat the news... Moving on!

Gaia 7 Action News Committee Report!

Our Job is too keep up with the News and run the Newsletter. So tell me, are we doing our job?

Art Committee Report!

The Art Committee is working with all the other Committees right now by doing artwork. Like always, they could use more artists. If you know any, send them to the Art Committee.

Contest Committee Report!

It seems the members of this Committee are busy helping out with HoliDaze. I gotta ask, With Broken hearted running Two Committees, planing the HoliDaze event, AND helping out everyone else. How does she find the time?

Advertising Committee Report!

The have a Thread up and running thanks to Poyudi Hytori.

Ad Thread.

To the Future.

So what will the future bring? More Stress? More Problems? Less time? (The Director shouts at Sara.) I mean More Fun! More excitement! and more great times! (*Sara whispers* And hopefully no more disappearances...)

What's left to do?

There is always plenty left to do for everyone, each Committee will have to keep working, and start working with the New Room Hosts, Who will have to plan out and set up their rooms, which they'll need help to run. Of course we are always in need for more funds, and more great ideas. So keep working hard everyone! We're almost there!

*Sara turns to her director.* Hey do they have time set for the ball yet?

Sorry folks, Sara's Director cut her off before she could do her "Sara Out!" sign off..... Boo Mean Director.....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:18 am
Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

Wow that took awhile to type up. >.>'

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:08 am
Thanks dear <3

I should be back in fully by the end of this week. Finals were crazy for me this year, and now I am trying to catch up on christmas.

I do hope everyone understands ^^ heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:36 am
The report looks great! Bliss, do you know when the room hosts will be decided?  

Lectern
Crew

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:08 am
Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

Your welcome Bliss. And I know about catching up on X-Mas things. >.<'

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:26 pm
Bliss: I totally understand about the finals. But yes, the sooner we figure out when this will be, the better. And I am also anxiously awaiting the results of the room host things. biggrin

Sara: Thanks for the great news report!  

-x AoiSakura x-

4,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:54 am
Cool report! ^^ it was really great of you to spend time typing all these out. And no worry Bliss. Take your time. We all understand the pain of examnations. =.= xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:07 pm
wow.. COOl!!!  

funnygal00

Announcement Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas