Reply 13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature
Irrational, extreme fear. Not of spiders.. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spookycarnival

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:14 pm
Holy crap...when I was two years old, I saw a picture of a deep-sea anglerfish.

And that was the end.

I have this horrible fear of anglerfish. Only the way they look, I know most of them are relatively small. I know a lot about them, and though I think they're fascinating, they are the freaking scariest things in the whole world. And I'm not talking about the one in Finding Nemo, because that doesn't even compare. I have photographic memory, and my medication makes me hallucinate sometimes, so I see them around the house, and I scream, shake involuntarily and sometimes even pass out if my evil sisters show me a picture of one.

Anyone have an irrational fear of an animal that can't hurt you?
Anyone ever see how freaking scary anglerfish are?

xxanti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:21 pm
If it makes you feel better I have a horrific, irrational fear of butterflies and moths.

I don't exactly know why but, I am terrified of them--god forbid one gets near me, then I throw a fit.

I think it all started out at the butterfly habitat at Marine World...they just kept landing on me...and landing on me. Then I freaked out and ran out screaming my head off...

Yeah I'm lame. At least anglerfish are scary, I'm afraid of the most harmless creature on the planet!  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:23 pm
Anglerfish are pretty scary looking. I don't blame anyone for being scared of them.

I have an irrational fear of bugs. I know that most of the bugs I see or come across can't hurt me, but they're just so creepy and crawley and gross. And I hear the they're covered in germs and bacteria. It makes me cringe just thinking about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:46 am
i like anglerfishes (is that weird?) but i have an irrational fear of monkeys. The moment one gets too close or anything, i start freaking out and crying and screaming especially if i cant get away.  

Tsuki Z

Malevolent Shapeshifter

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:51 am
I'm terrified of... be ready for this... Chihuahuas. No kidding. Most people don't train them, they restrain their flight mode, so the little Chi's are ready to snap, crackle, and pop at any moment. Terrifies me. Yeah, they're small, but so are parasites.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:21 pm
@OP: You do know that unless you go deep sea diving in like a diving bell you will never have to interact with an angler fish right? As far as the hallucinations go I would say control them...there are books on how to do it you can also talk to someone who uses shrooms or acid...make them do a stupid dance or something that makes you laugh. Also I think they are cool looking

@satin: that is totally reasonable I'm not scared of them but I'm not a big fan. They are one the the 10 most aggressive breeds.

on topic: I am terrified of birds. Then again they can hurt you. My uncle used to have this evil a** macaw that lived at his clinic where my mom worked. In 3-5th grade I was homeschooled and had to go to work with my mom. Well one day the bird wasn't in her cage and she chased me. I ran all over the clinic screaming and finally climbed into a chair. She climbed up to the arm and tried to fly(her wings were clipped) and snatched her big ******** beak right in my knee. I have hated all things avian ever since. I've also been attacked by several wild birds. They are just plain evil.  

whatagirlwants

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:40 pm
Anglerfish are creepy... they look like something from another planet, and they're like the ***** that say, "Here little boy, want some candy?" and BOOM something bad happens. (fish git eated, the candy anology came from the litle blob of light on the antenna that lures fish to its giant mouth.) But they abyssmal deep facinaes me. I saw Ailiens of The Deep in theaters with an all girls science club I joined in 5th grade. Yay 3D documentarys! I thought it was awesome. :3

(WARNING! I RAMBLE!!! XD)
I have an irrational fear of... space ailiens. @_@ I see UFOs a lot, (most are probably planes, but I've seen at least 3 of them that were really close, and they were NOT planes!!) I get scared and cry every stupid time! I hate looking at pictures of the big headed beings with those wierd buggy, souless black eyes...*shivers* And most recetly, 2 weeks ago some wierd a** flying disk flew over my car! Seriously, my brother, sister, and my parents all saw it, it flew drectly behind our car, then flew further down the highway. You now how high tv station antennas are? Yeah, it was about that high, maybe lower. I saw the bottom of it, it had ring of green light and a bigger green light in the middle. The top of it gowed white, and it was shaped like an upside-down bowl. BEORE it did that, it was just hovering near the highway in an open field, so it wasn't a plane of any sort, and the way it just went er..zoooom *poof* rules out a helicopter...

D: I could't sleep for a week....  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:53 pm
I don't blame you for being scared of anglerfish; they are pretty freaky in appearance. I, for one, am scared of snails. Well, perhaps not the garden variety, but in particular the cone snail >.<;; (If you don't know what that is, it's an extremely venomous sea snail found in the tropics). After being shown a documentary of those things, I've been avoiding the beach ever since D=  

Zarc Wolf

Sparkly Dog

7,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Gaian 50

You Son of A Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:33 am
i admit, angler fish are pretty creepy O.o
i have an "irrational" fear of spiders crying
just thinking of them makes me shiver all over eek
especially big hairy ones
ugh
now im thinking about them crying

i will never touch a spider.. EVER
my worst fear is if a big tarantula dropped down and landed on my face
i would definitely pass out gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:23 am
To the best of my knowledge I don't have an irrational fear of any animal. My irrational fear is heights for some stupid reason.

Also, I've never heard of anyone having a fear of Angler Fish. I acutally think it's interesting that it's not a common fear, like spiders, snakes, and insects.  

Littlest Irken

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Littlest Irken

Heart Consumer

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 am
xXElectric_EmeraldsXx
Anglerfish are creepy... they look like something from another planet, and they're like the ***** that say, "Here little boy, want some candy?" and BOOM something bad happens. (fish git eated, the candy anology came from the litle blob of light on the antenna that lures fish to its giant mouth.) But they abyssmal deep facinaes me. I saw Ailiens of The Deep in theaters with an all girls science club I joined in 5th grade. Yay 3D documentarys! I thought it was awesome. :3

(WARNING! I RAMBLE!!! XD)
I have an irrational fear of... space ailiens. @_@ I see UFOs a lot, (most are probably planes, but I've seen at least 3 of them that were really close, and they were NOT planes!!) I get scared and cry every stupid time! I hate looking at pictures of the big headed beings with those wierd buggy, souless black eyes...*shivers* And most recetly, 2 weeks ago some wierd a** flying disk flew over my car! Seriously, my brother, sister, and my parents all saw it, it flew drectly behind our car, then flew further down the highway. You now how high tv station antennas are? Yeah, it was about that high, maybe lower. I saw the bottom of it, it had ring of green light and a bigger green light in the middle. The top of it gowed white, and it was shaped like an upside-down bowl. BEORE it did that, it was just hovering near the highway in an open field, so it wasn't a plane of any sort, and the way it just went er..zoooom *poof* rules out a helicopter...

D: I could't sleep for a week....

o_o Why don't you give your U.F.O luck to me? I'd love to see more of them. I've only ever seen one and I doubt it was of an alien origin. Both of us would be better off if we had each other's luck with them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:06 am
I'm terrified of ants. >_>;
Particularly fire ants (which actually can hurt you).
Give me a big, hairy wolf spider any day... but if an ant gets near me, I freak out. They got into my room once, and I didn't sleep in there for a week. When I tried, I kept getting the feeling that they were still there, crawling on me. Ugh!

And roaches... which I wasn't all that afraid of until I moved to Georgia, and found that they grow as long as my hand, and they fly. The mother 'effers fly. D;  

Ophrysia

Femme Autobot Crescendo

Proxy Werewolf

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:19 am
I love spiders, dogs, cats, most fish, snakes, scorpions, lizards, bats, crocodiles, wolves, jellyfish(behind glass!)....

What am I scared of? Well, heights..

Mmm..I'd have to say..

I'm not sure if it's a fear or an extreme revulsion, but I can't stand Mayflies/Cattusflies. Why? They live for one day, cling to the sides of the house, shed their skins and DIE. ALL. OVER. THE. LAWN. They're practically swarms. They get everywhere. It's a wonder they're not on the road. On like, a rainy day, you could find the entire lawn dark blue because of the little buggers.

Then again, they don't live around here. I'm content.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:48 am
Ah, well, I don't really have too much fear of certain animals so much as fearing I'll hurt little bugs and gastropods and stuff if I pick them up. *used to have a pet snail named Gary Stu*

I am scared of brown recluse spiders though.

But that's a rational fear, as they're common here and have very potent venom.

AND OH GOD LKJSHDFGHDJSKL--PALMETTO BUGS D:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

YEEEEEEEEE D:

They're like GIANT ROACH-BEETLE THINGS and they SQUIRM when you pick them up and try to kill them with a tissue, and they're just...

AGGAHAGAGAFRAGGARAGGA DX

*shivers*

Femme Autobot Crescendo
jellyfish(behind glass!)....

Da jellehhhh 8D *squish squish*

Sardonic Plague

8,175 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100

Zaviire

Neophyte Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:42 am
Femme Autobot Crescendo
I'm not sure if it's a fear or an extreme revulsion, but I can't stand Mayflies/Cattusflies. Why? They live for one day, cling to the sides of the house, shed their skins and DIE. ALL. OVER. THE. LAWN. They're practically swarms. They get everywhere. It's a wonder they're not on the road. On like, a rainy day, you could find the entire lawn dark blue because of the little buggers.

I thought those were cicadas? Hm....

I really, really hate ants. Of all kinds. Partially because they live in a hole in the wall that leads to the shower. I used the other bathroom for two days after I found out (my dad got rid of them. c smile

Yeahhh other than that my only fears are heights (kind-of) and needles.  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff