Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply General Discussion (other than weight loss)
Stress Relief

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever eaten sweets to stop from feeling stressed or sad?
  Yes, all the time
  Yes, but not much
  No, but I eat other things
  No, I have never done it
View Results

Goldenlici

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:46 pm
One of the biggest problems with losing weight for me is that I tend to eat sweets when I get stressed or overwhelmed. Though I'm sure I'm not the only one, I still feel like I'm alone in it.

I just need to find another outlet for my stress and my steam. When I have a bad day, I will write about it here. If you think I am crazy or being weird, please just don't read this topic. I'm not looking for pity or comfort, nor do I care if you think I am stupid.

If anyone else has bad days and needs to let it out, feel free to do so here. I will do everything I can to help or just listen. I will write out my problems here to make sense of them and then hopefully I won't feel like cramming ice cream down my throat as some kind of life preserver when I feel like I am drowning.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:58 pm
These last two weeks have been torture for me. Last week I had finals, which did not go very well. I was stressing the entire time and basically not caring one bit about what I ate or if I exercised (which I didn't). What I did eat wasn't so bad, but I didn't get a lot of variety. Some days I ate cereal four different times a day just because I was too lazy to do anything else.

Then, on Friday of last week, my parents decide we are going to go on the two week vacation they had canceled a month ago, giving me no time to plan for Christmas. So, when finals finally ended, which felt like an eternity, it was a dash to get all my Christmas stuff done and get ready for a long vacation.

I have had so many errands to do and cards/gifts to prepare this week that I was exhausted long before I even started packing for my trip. I haven't been sleeping well this week, partially from the cold weather (my mom refuses to turn on the heat) and partially from the stress, which doesn't help.

I have also had horrible eating habits because we don't want to buy anymore food before our vacation, which means various noodles for every lunch and dinner perhaps occasionally interrupted by a sandwich or a burger and cereal every morning for breakfast. The massive intake of carbs is just increasing my tiredness.

To top it all off, my head was such a mess today that I washed my cell phone, which was in the pocket of my jeans. Thankfully, the sim card still works and I was able to transfer it to an old phone we had lying around the house, but still, I feel so stupid and upset. I have lost all the numbers I had on that phone and more important all the wonderful pictures I had of my friends and my pets.

Tomorrow, I have to wake up super early to finish packing and get ready to go speak to my little sister's high school class about college life. My main point: forget about sleeping through the night.

We are leaving for the airport right after school, with not much time to spare. I hope we can get on the plane without any more problems and that the vacation will make me forget all about the nightmare it has been getting ready for it.

I feel much better now. To anyone reading this crazy rant, wish me luck, as I wish you luck in all you do.

Goldenlici

lavender opheliac

4,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:52 pm
Good luck hun <3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:37 pm
I like to use a punching bag to relieve stress or just to take my mind off things. Give it a try sometime and see if it helps.  

SacredDemon17

Desirable Sex Symbol

8,775 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:52 pm
Actually a thread in the main discussion area about stress relief would probably be a good thing. A lot of weight issues are caused because of stress and anxiety, finding a healthy way to deal with it that doesn't involve stress eating is a good idea.  
General Discussion (other than weight loss)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games