Submit

yay!
^.^
100%
 100%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 32

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:20 am
have any of you ever noticed that alot of ska bands have at least one cover of an old song? i think its kinda cool. smile

comments????  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:55 am
Yeah! heart I love the Gigantic Pixies Cover that Reel Big Fish did... And (though it's not exactly Ska) Me First and the Gimme Gimmes did a whole entire cover album. Take a Break I beleive it was.

Then there's the Aquabats with Video Killed the Radio Star...That song was kick a** too...

o.o And many more...  

Duskalts

Dapper Duelist

16,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:37 pm
Duskalts
Yeah! heart I love the Gigantic Pixies Cover that Reel Big Fish did... And (though it's not exactly Ska) Me First and the Gimme Gimmes did a whole entire cover album. Take a Break I beleive it was.

Then there's the Aquabats with Video Killed the Radio Star...That song was kick a** too...

o.o And many more...

im pretty sure that me first and the gimmie gimmies is only a cover band...unless if they've written song without telling me!!! crying

&&& video killed the radio star is deffinately kick a**! heart

ive never heard of the giant pixies, so idk what song rbf covered by them....BUT! they did cover take on me by A-Ha...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:28 pm
koolbeanzkt
Duskalts

o.o And many more...

im pretty sure that me first and the gimmie gimmies is only a cover band...unless if they've written song without telling me!!! crying

&&& video killed the radio star is deffinately kick a**! heart

ive never heard of the giant pixies, so idk what song rbf covered by them....BUT! they did cover take on me by A-Ha...

Fo' reals? I only have two of their cd's so I'm not sure if all the albums they do are covers...But they still rock! crying heart

|3 Ho-yesh! RBF is great at doing cover songs. They still keep the original spirit and and their bit of twist to it.... heart  

Duskalts

Dapper Duelist

16,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:26 pm
RBF did a monkey man cover, toasters do a prince buster cover, specials do dandy livingston and toots, i even believe that madness does a prince buster cover, my band does a few RBF covers (weve only written one song)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:40 pm
The Aquabats' cover of GoGo13's "Idiot Box" is awesome. Anyone here of that one?

Also, I'm not sure which band did tihs cover, but I heard a ska cover of a Veggietales some which one of the funniest things I've ever heard.  

threefour

Fanta08

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:26 pm
Duskalts
koolbeanzkt
Duskalts

o.o And many more...

Fo' reals? I only have two of their cd's so I'm not sure if all the albums they do are covers...But they still rock! crying heart

|3 Ho-yesh! RBF is great at doing cover songs. They still keep the original spirit and and their bit of twist to it.... heart

I think she means the song "Gigantic" by The Pixies. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:35 am
Lyd
Duskalts
koolbeanzkt
Duskalts

o.o And many more...

3nodding heart  

Duskalts

Dapper Duelist

16,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:42 pm
threefour
The Aquabats' cover of GoGo13's "Idiot Box" is awesome. Anyone here of that one?

Also, I'm not sure which band did tihs cover, but I heard a ska cover of a Veggietales some which one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

omfg! veggietales!!!! lol heart heart heart biggrin

hmmm...i never knew idiot box wasnt the aquabats own song....  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:44 pm
Lyd
Duskalts
koolbeanzkt
Duskalts

o.o And many more...

haha, oh, ok.... smile  

koolbeanzkt

409 in your coffee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:54 pm
Ever hear Slightly Askew?

Their last song they play at shows is just numerous covers, I mean they go from the Mary Tyler Moore show to Charles In Charge, to commercial jingles, all ska covered.

You should check that out, its great.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:58 pm
Yay for covers! My personal fav is when Mustard Plug covered "The Freshman" by Verve Pipe.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

Leveller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:24 am
AnonymousJoe
RBF did a monkey man cover, toasters do a prince buster cover, specials do dandy livingston and toots, i even believe that madness does a prince buster cover, my band does a few RBF covers (weve only written one song)

yeah Madness did a cover of Prince Busters song "Madness" and guess where the band got their name from!
(also the song, "The Prince" by Madness is about Prince Buster)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:37 am
Leveller
AnonymousJoe

yeah Madness did a cover of Prince Busters song "Madness" and guess where the band got their name from!
(also the song, "The Prince" by Madness is about Prince Buster)
hahaha alot of the 2-tone ska bands cover eachother or first wave bands  

AnonymousJoe

Asthen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:09 pm
5ubliminalM355ag35
Yay for covers! My personal fav is when Mustard Plug covered "The Freshman" by Verve Pipe.
I like that song. whee
A lot of ska bands do covers and I don't know they're covers and then I feel stupid, ahhaha.
Like Idiot Box. Totally thought that belonged to the A-Bats.
Ahahaha.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces