Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
February Event Planning Thread (Moved) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How long do you think this event should last?
  One week
  Two weeks
  Three weeks
  A month
View Results

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:46 pm
~*February Event Planning Thread*~

Date: February 1st - 28th

The February Event consists of a combination of Valentines and Lunar New Years Event, all compiled into a single event. It runs for a month, aka four weeks.

This event will be split into two weeks each. Some events will be carried out for only the first two weeks (Valentines events) and for the last two weeks some Lunar New Years Events. Some events will be carried out for the whole month.

This thread is still accepting new ideas, especially if they're good ones, or if you're willing to host them. So please don't refrain from expressing your thoughts. They're all welcomed. ^^

Confirmed Events

Standalone Events

Valentines Card Making Service: Drawing cards printable in real life. Hopefully, it can kick start earlier as it can roll in an amount of gold and that it can only last till Valentines. So this will probably be a first priority among others.
Flower Sale: To be held for the whole month. New thread is here.
Lottery: Pairing people up by their fortunes through raffles.
Fortune Cookies: This event is now promoting stupidpsycho's cookie shop as it takes some burden off me and helps advertise his shop (and he does a good job with it!).
Valentines Auction: Currently hosted by Contest Committee

Contests and Event (Similar to the Halloween Bash)

Best Valentines Couple
Valentines Poem Contest: Love Poems
Best Avi Contest: Tiger Theme
Decorate-the-Heart Contest: Have a plain heart designed and have people color the heart in.
Story Writing Contest
Drawing Contest

Things I need Help with!!!

1) Hosting Events

Most importantly, I need someone experienced to host Buttons. It has to be someone who knows what they're doing. Please post here if you're interested in hosting or have any further questions about it. =) However, do know that I expect you to get everything done by the start of the event. I can let you drag for a few days if uncalled events occur, but nothing more. I refuse to let this event go down the drain.

2) Thread Layout

Simply said, I need someone willing to help create the layout for the thread. If you have any questions about this please post them here. If nobody is able to help, then I'll need someone to teach me the basics of making them. xp

3) Artists

Basically, I need help for:

Valentines Card Making Service
Flower Sale
Buttons

I'll be doing some of the art myself, as it'll be really bad if I don't try when I'm hosting the event. But overall, I am an art noob and thus shall require a lot of help from the art committee and other users. xp

~~~~~~~~~

If you have any questions about anything from above, feel free to ask them here. ^^ Also, hopefully we can get everything straight for this event and start getting to work. There's only less than 30 days left! =O

ANNOUNCEMENT!!

I'm currently looking for co-hosts for the Event! If anyone's interested, please PM me about it. Please include how active you will be during the time of the event. ^^ Thank you!

Post updated!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:16 pm
Well I have an idea for Valentines Day Events. We could have theme colors like red, pink, and white.
And make the cards for people to send to each other. We could also have candy gifts and presents to send. Thats the only ideas, i have  

0_0 Kiko Ele Chan 0_0

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:00 pm
What about a secret Valentine/"admirer" type of event?
For the lunar festival, Instead of fortune cookies what about moon cakes, since it is a festival to celebrate the new year.Cakes could also represents the sweets they have at the festival in celebration for the new years coming. The cakes would have the fortunes in them. Or messages could be put into them as well. Just a few brainstorming ideas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:00 pm
ElementalLover
Well I have an idea for Valentines Day Events. We could have theme colors like red, pink, and white.
And make the cards for people to send to each other. We could also have candy gifts and presents to send. Thats the only ideas, i have

Can you elaborate? It seems like a good idea, but I need to know a little more about the details. 3nodding

revenge_is_sweet
For the lunar festival, Instead of fortune cookies what about moon cakes, since it is a festival to celebrate the new year.Cakes could also represents the sweets they have at the festival in celebration for the new years coming. The cakes would have the fortunes in them. Or messages could be put into them as well. Just a few brainstorming ideas.

^^ This is a good idea. However, moon cakes are used during the Lunar festival in August, and not in the Lunar New Year. :/ Still, thanks for the idea. 3nodding  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Swervey
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:03 pm
*Waves to shun*

ElementalLover

I like the card idea *thumbs up*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:35 pm
Just an idea I had for the first Thirteen days is that we can have a Valentine Card making service...Basicly we make cards that people can print out for there loved ones in RL...Charge for them and get some good artists...This kinda goes with the bake sale buut...

I'm kind of brain dead to right now..I'll post more ideas later...Lol  

Ninja_of_clouds

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:07 pm
I am not sure how we would pull it off, but how about a mystery date type game. Like the person ask thee people questions and they pick the one they like.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:20 pm
For like Valintines why not sell roses like pink and red. And then put like every dozen roses they buy give them a valentine card  

BIG_BBoy_15

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:54 pm
Shunatsu

revenge_is_sweet

^^ This is a good idea. However, moon cakes are used during the Lunar festival in August, and not in the Lunar New Year. :/ Still, thanks for the idea. 3nodding

I get the two mixed up all the time lol. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:00 pm
Do as the Romans did and hold a lottery for people! XD  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:23 pm
Ideas added.

Thanks for all the suggestions. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:16 pm
broken_bleeding_angel

the romans sold people in a lottery? eek  

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Ninja_of_clouds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:36 pm
Lady Elmira
I am not sure how we would pull it off, but how about a mystery date type game. Like the person ask thee people questions and they pick the one they like.

If we wanted to do this idea, we can have the people make a mule each...and do the questions like that! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:52 pm
stupidpsycho
broken_bleeding_angel

No they would do draws and pair people up together. And then those pairs would be lovers for the whole year till the next drawing.  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:37 am
stupidpsycho
broken_bleeding_angel

Its kinda like an auction, Just that theres no bidding. Numbers are drawn and whoever's number is drawn gets the person thats the current prize. 3nodding

Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff