Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trashed Angel

7,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:17 pm
So, I'm eighteen years old, a freshman in college, and I keep getting alot of crap from people because I don't have a boyfriend, and I've never had one.

One person told me that there must be something wrong with me cause I didn't have a guy by my senior year of high school.

And I'm just wondering, is it really that bad to have never dated come college?

I mean, I had one guy once who said he liked me, but he didn't want to get into a serious relationship. Turns out he thought I was the most annoying person on earth.

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:22 pm
There's nothing wrong with it! Even if it feels like it, there's nothing wrong with it. You just haven't found anyone to be with. YET! Everyone I know says College is HEAVEN when it comes to finding new boys (or Girls, if they're a guy or a lesbian haha) you just have to be confident and know that eventually someone will come along.

I've HAD boyfriends but none of them were good. I've been single for a year, and I often feel "Well what's wrong with me? What's making me not good enough?" and those thoughts are bad. No matter what people say, don't convince yourself that you're the problem. I'm a big hypocrite on this, but you have to know that at least you SHOULDN'T be thinking like that. Eventually someone will come along, so just ignore all those mean comments. Wouldn't you rather have a real, meaningful relationship starting on a clean slate instead of being like them, probably having memories of horrible HS breakups? Be confident! Be glad you have a fresh start! And don't worry, nothing's wrong with you.  

The_Brightest_Moon

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 am
Some girls start dating the first guy they have a chance at. Both of my best friends did that. One of them went out with the guy for a week. The other one lasted three weeks, and half that time was spent deciding how to break up with him.

I waited for a very long time until I found a guy i knew was perfect for me. We've been together a year and a half.

There is nothing wrong with waiting a while before you get your first boyfriend. If anything it helps to be more mature so that you can make a good choice that does not lead to stress or pain.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:08 am
You'll be fine. I'm 26. I have friends who graduated from university without ever committing to a relationship, and it was completely their choice. I personally agree to be in a relationship until I was 19, and that relationship was a mistake anyway.

Wait until you're ready. Peer pressure is one thing. First hand experience is another, and its effects are that much deeper.  

shall she sail seas

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff