Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
Married Girl knows about boys! Ask questions here! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Person counter
  +1
View Results

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:52 am
I've been dating, in and out of love, and been the relationship queen for 10 years amongst my friends, and I'm willing to bring my advice to you.

Ask away, and I'll do my best to answer! And if I don't know, I'll ask my husband when he comes home! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:01 am
Why don't guys understand that sometimes they need to just back off?  

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:04 am
Because guys have a different mindset than girls do. You know how you can balance having 3 different things to do at once? Guys are more "one thing at a time" oriented. And then, add in the fact that they can't read our minds. A simple statement of, "Dude, you're running me off. Ease up a little!" will help a lot. Clarity is best, I've found.

That help any? ^.~  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 am
This is not a question that I really need answered but I'm curious as to what your answer might be.

So, my boyfriend and I have been together for a year now. Very much in love, to say the least. I am eighteen, he is seventeen, turning eighteen in March. I am seven months older than he. I've graduated while he is in his Senior Year.

Myself, I have no problem with this. Do you think that is bothers him in anyway or will bother him in the future seeing as we have no intentions of ever seperating?

And just because I am a naturally curious person....how long have you been married to your husband? And Congratulations, by the way. biggrin

Lovely Enigma

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 am
Yes, it did.
Except for the fact that I told him I wanted him to give me some space and it just got worse.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:14 am
heh this guild needed a thread like this..

@loveis worth sacrifice, you need to tell guys straight when you need them to back off ^^ most guys don't get hints. or they get them wrong. you need to be straight with them in things like these.  

delete_my_existence

Lovely Enigma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:18 am
RosesFallingLikeRain
Yes, it did.
Except for the fact that I told him I wanted him to give me some space and it just got worse.

My advice? Make it clear that you want him to leave you alone only once. After that, just ignore him completely. Eventually, he'll back off and give you some space. After you cool down and what not, talk to him and explain to him that when you asked to be left alone, that's what you mean and when he presses the issue further, he is only causing you more frustration. Communicate with the boy. Like Nana says, guys most certainly can't read your minds. He needs to know that you are serious about being left alone. He might think that you are just saying that and really, you want him to comfort you or something because some girls are like that. Does this make any sense?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:19 am
Shinu_Rei
heh this guild needed a thread like this..

@loveis worth sacrifice, you need to tell guys straight when you need them to back off ^^ most guys don't get hints. or they get them wrong. you need to be straight with them in things like these.

I am not the one that posted that. It was Roses. biggrin  

Lovely Enigma

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:19 am
Love, I think that the only time age is an issue is in the area you're at now. My husband is 8 years older than me, and it doesn't matter. But he does get that extra pat on the back from his co-workers that he bagged a 24-year-old before he turned 35. XD

Wilson and I got married September 19th this year. But it really feels like nothing has changed. We've been together for 3 years, and that feels like the start of it all. But living together ruins the "Oh, newlyweds!" phase. But I also know that his dirty socks will go under the coffee table, instead of learning that at such an emotionally tenuous time as right after a wedding.

Glad I could oblige, Shinu_Rei

Roses, just keep firm with your message. Either he'll get it, or he's a stalker and you need a restraining order. But also, talk to your parents. They might have some advice that I don't.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:25 am
Sinful Nana
Love, I think that the only time age is an issue is in the area you're at now. My husband is 8 years older than me, and it doesn't matter. But he does get that extra pat on the back from his co-workers that he bagged a 24-year-old before he turned 35. XD

Wilson and I got married September 19th this year. But it really feels like nothing has changed. We've been together for 3 years, and that feels like the start of it all. But living together ruins the "Oh, newlyweds!" phase. But I also know that his dirty socks will go under the coffee table, instead of learning that at such an emotionally tenuous time as right after a wedding.

Glad I could oblige, Shinu_Rei

Roses, just keep firm with your message. Either he'll get it, or he's a stalker and you need a restraining order. But also, talk to your parents. They might have some advice that I don't.

Understood. It doesn't matter to me and I don't think it matters to him but I was watching a show.....and before everyone starts rolling their eyes, trust me, I know that television is fake and blah, blah, blah. I'm just sharing my reasoning behind the question. Anway, this guy(an adult with three kids) and this girl had been with each other for a while and he found out that she was one year older than him(six months, to be exact). It bothered him at first but eventually, he got over it. It was just a curious question and I thank you for your reply.

Also, I would love to help out with this thread in any way that I can, given permission. Guys aren't a mystery to me at all. It doesn't take much to figure them out. Lol.

Lovely Enigma

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:28 am
I'd love your help! <3

*snorts at the thought of the show* That's silly. For me, if a guy is touchy on age, he can go find someone else. Either I'm worth the age gap, or I'm not, you know?

Guys used to be really puzzling, but then I realized they're girls with 1) Less emotional range 2) One-track mind (back from when they were the hunters) and 3) Only enough blood to run one head at a time. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:38 am
Thanks.
In truth, I broke up with him a while ago.
I wanted to know why he still coldn't wrap his head around it.

Thanks!  

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:40 am
<3 No problem, and good luck shaking off the dead weight!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:44 am
Sinful Nana
I'd love your help! <3

*snorts at the thought of the show* That's silly. For me, if a guy is touchy on age, he can go find someone else. Either I'm worth the age gap, or I'm not, you know?

Guys used to be really puzzling, but then I realized they're girls with 1) Less emotional range 2) One-track mind (back from when they were the hunters) and 3) Only enough blood to run one head at a time. mrgreen

For me, I read people really well. My boyfriend, when I first met him, confused me to no end. I couldn't figure him out. In that sense, he intrigued me. You have to understand. In High School, I was mean, cold, and distant. I had a small (very small) group of friends and that was it. He had people telling him that I was mean and cold and what not.....(we just had this conversation last night, it was funny) but he felt that I had a softer side. Unfortunately, he was right. So, he made a point to get to know me, I guess. And I fell for him while we were at Summer Camp with our NJROTC Unit. He got a big bonus for playing cards with me non-stop(and always losing). I love cards!

Anyway, it doesn't take much for me to figure people out. There are a few I associate with, fewer that I take fully under my wing, and the rest, are just ignored completely.

Guys aren't so much lesser than we are, we are just different all together. The less emotional range bit, I don't agree with. They have just as much as we do, most just find weakness in showing it. The one-track mind thing is dead on. And as for the third, some guys, yes. My guy? Absolutely not. he knows better.

Lovely Enigma

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:55 am
Well, those are just general guidelines of how I rationalize males. If they can have sex, they will, on average. And the less emotional range is because they don't show it. My husband, though, just doesn't feel things are severely as I do. I don't know how, but he has amazing control, and can keep his grip when I can't.

And yes, Wilson usually only thinks with the lower part of his anatomy. *shakes head*  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff