Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
From the brain of a loony

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AnnessaJones

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:05 pm
Hey, you! Please tell me how much I suck! XP Ok no, but please tell me what you think about my artwork. I know I have a lot to work on but please feel free to be as harsh as you want. I really want to become better, so please tell me what to improve on!

Here is some of my stuff.
My verion of the Going Merry(in spirit form)

A Mermaid

Fighting Wolf Men

This is an older one of mine.

Here's the rest of my gallery if ya wanna see>>>> http://annessajonesu-san.deviantart.com/gallery/

~Jonesy  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 am
Oh! I want to comment on the Going Merry first! (Off topic, I really cried so hard on the Going Merry's funeral! crying )

Oh, it's so nice! Especially the face! She's so happy and fulfilled (?!)... Well, we have our common problem, anatomy and stuff... So get 'em!

[I like your interpretation but I imagined her more lady-like! Oh, that's me! But it was a good job! Just maintain your anatomy...]

Good job, kupo! 4laugh  

keichaos

AnnessaJones

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:49 pm
Thanks I'm glad you liked it! smile You see they never said whether Merry was a boy or a girl, so I wanted to make him/her here kind of generic looking. I personally see Merry as more of a boy than a girl, but that's just me.
~Jonesy  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:55 pm
AnnessaJones
Thanks I'm glad you liked it! smile You see they never said whether Merry was a boy or a girl, so I wanted to make him/her here kind of generic looking. I personally see Merry as more of a boy than a girl, but that's just me.
~Jonesy

Well, my mom always said that boats are always female in nature... And the voice that did Going Merry´s was a girl in the anime... Well, its your drawing after all... 4laugh  

keichaos

Hime-no-Chi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:13 am
Although I'm only guessing where the Goodbye Merry pic was based on, I think it's rather nice, the texture of the coloring really interested me but I think it's possible to give it a different effect if you try mixing different shades of a certain color and stroking it in a certain direction. The proportioning was a little bit easy to miss but it's rather good, considering you said that you wanted the character there to be generic. The only thing that bothered me was that the eye which is supposed to be smaller, appeared bigger. If you look at a face that is turned at an angle, the side away from you usually appears smaller but is still somewhat proportional. I usually use the cross-lines technique for drawing eyes but even with that technique, it can be rather tiring. Just practice it and it will come naturally.

I'm not sure if I can critique the other pictures because my computer seems to hate me lately.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games