Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Kei's Works [Needs opinions in drawing style]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

keichaos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:28 am
Kei's Introductions

Well, hello! First of all, I am the Kei the title tells about and I'm about to show you my works. I'm more into Anime-style of drawing and I am doing my best to improve it. My major problems in making a person is the hands and feet. As an overall picture, I also become weak in backgrounds.

Please do post your suggestions and comments regarding my arts. I asked a friend of mine the other day and her comments was all over the place! (Nah, I didn't cry but I used it instead to improve! Ahahaha!) Oh, I would accept any comments but I'm also quite sensitive! Uh... Never mind that last sentence; I will do my best understanding your critiques!

Good day and God bless! 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:31 am
Okay, here is my first art to be shown... It's actually not finished but the designs of the clothing is all that is missing so, nothing major... I'll ask comments about this one...

Note: I finished the art here below but the tips said here by other users were not quite applied yet.

User Image

keichaos

Das_Epistola_Lilium

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:53 pm
Wow.. eek
He looks so cool. Like he's a lone soul that's been suspended from Soul Society because he betrayed them (Bleach, get it? lol *sigh*)
Good job!
I like it. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:50 am
black_rose_maria
Wow.. eek
He looks so cool. Like he's a lone soul that's been suspended from Soul Society because he betrayed them (Bleach, get it? lol *sigh*)
Good job!
I like it. wink

Ahahaha... Thank you... You want to know a secret? There's this Bleach RP guild somewhere and this seems to be a Bankai mode... Strange eh?  

keichaos

keichaos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:38 am
Bump... No one comments... crying

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:10 am
is he supposed to be a child or an adult? The first thing I notice is that he is quite short or disproportionate (according to the size of his head).

Check out this : http://www.animatedbuzz.com/tutorials/images/proportion04.jpg

As a general rule adults are about 7-8 times the size of their head, in height. The middle point would be right around the hipbones. I would suggest lightly drawing the body under the clothes so you can see where everything is before drawing the clothes on top of that.  

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

FrozenVendetta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:48 pm
It looks flat. I would suggest shading and folds. I'm not sure I can find any good shading or fold tutorials, but look in deviantart.com for some.

Like Vena said, he's pretty disprepotionate.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:48 am
Wow, thank for those suggestions! Hehehe... So he's disproportionate eh? Okay, maybe I'll try practicing the bodies! blaugh

About the shadings.... Oh.... I don't know where to start... I've been bad with them since ages! gonk  

keichaos

Hime-no-Chi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:59 am
As the others have said, he is a bit disproportional, try to compare his body shape to your own, I do that with my drawings and it usually comes out better that way. Plus it does give off a nice effect if you try to put a bit of detail, one of my personal favorite places for that are the hair and clothes, that way, people don't easily notice if I mess up the face or body. But these are just based on my experiences, I'm not sure if it will give the same results as you. Just try to do whichever style suits you best biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 pm
Hime-no-Chi
As the others have said, he is a bit disproportional, try to compare his body shape to your own, I do that with my drawings and it usually comes out better that way. Plus it does give off a nice effect if you try to put a bit of detail, one of my personal favorite places for that are the hair and clothes, that way, people don't easily notice if I mess up the face or body. But these are just based on my experiences, I'm not sure if it will give the same results as you. Just try to do whichever style suits you best biggrin

Thank you so much for the suggestion! Ahahahahaha... I'm currently practicing on the clothes details since I don't know how to add details on the hair.  

keichaos

keichaos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:15 am
Oh... I want to show you the finished product of my earlier art... Meh, that one with just designs... I finished it after I posted the first one so, maybe, certain tips weren't applied yet... Sorry! But... But I tried my best!

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:33 am
Bumpies! Ahahaha... No one comments? Oh! gonk  

keichaos

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out