Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Mad Hatter Chatter
Something random

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:10 am
Thought I should post this here as it's more like random chatter than anything else but...

As you know I recently bought McGee's Alice, a few days ago I went around my aunts house and she was getting ready to sell a lot of old stuff she didn't want, so had various boxes of things around.

I randomly glanced toward a box with DVD's and games in, and caught a glimpse of the word 'Alice' on the side of a dark game case.

Behold! She had the original release of McGee's Alice (mine is a re-release without the booklet) with everything still in the box (though Alice is holding the cards on the cover, so it's still the toned-downed version of the box art). I really couldn't believe it, and she let me have it for free too. XD

So now I have two copys of the game, oh and may I just say the booklet has some nice artwork in it of some of the characters. ^_^ Now if only my scanner worked on this computer...guess I could use my camera?

Edit - Pictures

Boxart 1

Boxart 2

Booklet - Cheshire Cat

Booklet - White Rabbit

Booklet - Chess

Disc and Box

I took these images, please don't use them without my permission.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:19 pm
Ooh! That is exciting indeed.... I wish my aunts randomly had old school video games lying around, especially American McGee's Alice... even if it is the more P.C. version of the cover art....

If you can use your camera, we'd love to see some booklet pictures! (:

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:38 pm
Okay. ^_^ Might be a few days before I get any images up though.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:03 pm
Oh wow, really..? That's so cool! O_O None of my aunts are that cool, haha! ^_^ It would be amazing if you could get pictures up! Take your time!  

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

lexipthemudkip

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:20 am
So awesome! eek
When I was helping my Dad pack up stuff (he's touring North America taking pictures... long story), I was rifling through his video games... and I found the instruction booklet for McGee's Alice... but not the game! Made me sad, it did. I really wanted to play it after finding the booklet. emo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:32 am
Awww, I hope one day you'll be able to play it again. It's a fun game. ^_^

Also yeah I should be able to get some pictures up in a few days. XD  

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:04 pm
Oooh... that's a teaser. XD And awesome, Eone! ^___^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:34 am
Okay, I posted some images, I'm sorry for the quality of the pictures, my camera is kinda old now.

Anyway, enjoy.  

Azure Caterpillar

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm
Oh wow, those are really cool! Thanks for taking the time to get them up!

I love the illustrations... they're just so creepy, haha! And the disk..! It looks so amazing with the Cheshire Cat grin... very, very cool!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:54 pm
Yeah I know, I mean I was excited when I found the case, and when I looked inside and saw that disc I was like...OMG total love! XD Gotta love the Cheshire Cat.

And no problem. ^_^  

Azure Caterpillar

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:31 pm
Ohhh, I love them! Thank you for posting them!

I was able to read some of the text inside the booklet... I very much like reading about Alice's behavior from a different perspective. ^-^ Is there a part about a spoon in there, by any chance? I heard something about it but I'm not sure if it would be in the booklet...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:00 pm
Yep there is, apparently Alice attacked one of two orderlies (their Wonderland counterparts are the Tweedles) with a spoon. I'm guessing this happened during the boss battle in Wonderland.  

Azure Caterpillar

Mad Hatter Chatter

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff