Shin's verminious fellas Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:07 pm
Welcome to my POS (Plog of Skaven)!

Yes-yes... I'm Shinobi, Shin for short as most of you might know, and I've always had a certain place for these furry little critters in my life, started my own list when the Storm of Chaos list was out, indeed I did, Eshin was what caught my eyes for Skaven (which later on led me to Skryre), but then suddenly my love for the actual army died due to my hate over the clanrats...

Several years later (not so long ago) I also started making my own clanrats out of plague monks, ended up into a slow (but rather fun) project, but... that's not the army I'm building on now, the "old" one is put on the shelf, being a slow progressing army for Warhammer Warbands.

THIS MY FUR-FRIENDS IS THE START OF A NEW ERA! This is actually my first seriously documented project.

This project is mainly for my 1000 points double-tournament army, but it will of course grow bigger due time.

At first I found the new clanrats ugly and hamster-like... But once I got to see them with my own eyes, hold them, seeing all the details and such close-up (not good for us hoarders...) I instantly fell in love with them.

And I ordered a couple of boxes of clanrats and other fun stuff just a couple of days ago but also managed to get my hands on the last box in our store, and assembled them all yesterday, deviding all the armoured and un-armoured bodies for clanrats and slaves.

Jeebus I write alot of nonsense... I'll skip to the "fun" part then, the pictures!

Here's the first 14 clanrats (fillers included) and they're waiting for another 16 clanrats to join them and create my first spear/shield armed unit!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

I figured I wanted a slight "theme" on my army, mainly a skaven force who's marching through the Empire, so I'm going to have various bits, signs, victims etc in the units, most likely as unit-fillers, and it's going to be a slight rocky feature as noticed as well on the bases. Hopefully I'll get 3 packs of clanrats tomorrow and my doomwheel... I feel the evil stream through my body... yes-yes...

As noticed there's slaves in the background, I'll try to get me some pictures of them tomorrow or by the weekend.

Righto, off to prime!

C&C welcome of course!

Shin out for now!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:03 am
Doomwheel now.  

Dragonzealot

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:16 am
slow-patience man-thing... I hope it'll arrive tomorrow from the forges of Clan Skryre... yes-yes... meanwhile I'm going to paint clanrats. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:12 am
Darn you VILE skaven plague! Sotek will not stand for this! Ahem, now with that out of my system ....

i like the command, i've never thought of making a diorama type command "block" i also can not wait to see your finished products, i just love the hobby aspect and taking in everyone elses views. (and i will admit i have lazy skaven hobbyist where i live so i havnt seen a single finished model except for the hero painted for a weekend comp.) What colors are you planning to use?  

Inenor

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:30 am
Red clothing with white smaller cloths (depends on the model), which makes them fit for 2 possible army-types.

Clan Skryre and Clan Mors (which happen to be my fav clans).

User Image

User Image

Going to put mithrill silver on the edges on the armour and weapon to make them look a bit more worn out.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:59 am
Raaaaat people raaaaaaat people. Look like rat, talk like people!

That's a pretty cheesy army you have there Shin.

Look forward to the amassed group all painted and ready.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Inenor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:21 am
that looks amazing, the color choices are very complementary of each other. I think that will be one impressive unit.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:51 pm
Weren't you working on greenstuff armor alterations for these guys a while back?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 pm
Yep, but as I mentioned in the first post that army (my Warlord Clan) it put on the shelf for the moment, working slowly on them for Warhammer Warbands instead.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:40 am
Dragonzealot
Doomwheel now.
Just sayin.  

Dragonzealot

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:56 am
Won't be a doomwheel because GW sucks with shipment... As it looks like I'll get it on monday... = 3= Only got the movement trays that I ordered...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 am
FINALLY! 3 Boxes of clanrats and a Doomwheel arrived in my mail today... The engineers over at skryre have bee slow-slow... but this is most nice-pleasant, yes-yes...

And the 14 first clanrats are almost finished! finishing the armour on them and going into details soon, still haven't decided how to make the bases though...

I'll get some pictures up later once I finish them and order some Brian Setzer tickets for a friend. ninja  

Shinobi_8745

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:52 pm
I like the use of large 40mm square bases (right-right?) for those lovely little command vignettes. After seeing yours and the examples given in this month's White Dwarf I'm somewhat inspired to one day do the same with my Empire army.

I can't wait to see where this army will take you. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:38 pm
I'm amazed I'm nearly finished with 14 clanrats already (concidering I've been a lazy git this weekend and started painting last friday).

Just as I get these critters finished I need to get another 16 primed and painted this month along with the doomwheel, and hopefully start with my 2nd unit of clanrats... God I love unit-fillers... Saves me clanrats and gives a bit of "character" to the units.  

Shinobi_8745

Dragonzealot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:12 am
Dooooooooooooommmmmmwwwwwwwhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeelllllll!!!

Hiss!  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces