Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations
Sonadow [fanfiction] Comments Please~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madam Merlise Shnieder

Dapper Sex Symbol

6,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:04 pm
"But...! Wait, Sonic!"

"Amy, quit following me."

Amy placed her hands on her hips.

"How can you trust him Sonic? He used to work for Dr. Robotnik!"

"AMY!" Sonic said loudly. Amy sighed and patted Sonic's shoulder gently.

"Please... Don't go alone. It could be a trap. Shadow could-"

"I know what Shadow could and couldn't do, Amy. I trust him. Now let me go." Amy shook her head swiftly.

"No. At least bring someone with you!"

Sonic turned and looked her right in the eyes. "I'm going alone." He had not raised his voice that time, but Amy flinched away at the look in his emerald eyes. She looked down at her feet.

"...Be careful, Sonic." Sonic gave her a sad smile before he disappeared into the dark forest. Amy felt a warm tear slide down her cheek and she whimpered softly.

"I'm losing him..."

The cold evening air whipped passed his head as he ran. Sonic sped through the forest, dodging trees, and remembering the conversation he had with Shadow earlier that day.

'Sonic.'

'Hey, Shadow! What's up?'

'I need you to meet me at the cliff on the edge of Knothole Forest tonight. Come alone.'

'Er... Okay, but why?'

'It's important, stupid hedgehog. Just come.'

Sonic slowed down as he came close to where the cliff was. I could never tell anyone why I trust Shadow, especially Amy, Sonic thought.

Sonic clenched his fists as his feelings echoed painfully clear in his mind. He recalled every conversation, Shadow's crimson eyes, and the ghost of a small smile that occasionally rested on Shadow's lips. Between the arguing, the awkward friendship, and the calm, silent acknowledgment, it had all developed into something else.

Sonic was in love with Shadow.

When Sonic had finally acknowledged this, it had felt as though he had known it for a long time, but it had only just been brought to light. Even now, when he thought about it, it still sort of surprised him. A small part of him wanted Shadow to feel that way about him, too, but his common sense told him that Shadow wouldn't accept his love.

The trees began to thin out as he drew closer and his heart pounded louder. What could Shadow possibly want to talk about that he couldn't say in front of anyone else? What if it WAS a trap like Amy had thought? Sonic's ears pressed against his head wanting him to dismiss that last thought. He refused to believe Shadow was capable of that.

Sonic froze as he surveyed the cliff's clearing. The cliff overlooked the sea which reflected the already bright moon. Sitting on the edge of the cliff was Shadow. His back was to Sonic, but his ears twitched as he approached. Shadow turned slowly and stared Sonic down with his deep red eyes. Sonic rubbed the back of his head embarrassedly.

"Hey, Shadow."

"...Hey."

They stared at each other in silence before Shadow made the first move. He glanced at the patch of grass next to him and then back at Sonic pointedly. Sonic walked slowly to edge and peered warily off the cliff. The waves crashed below and Sonic stilled a shudder at the thought of all the water. Cautiously, he swung his legs over the side of the cliff and stared out at the sky.

"So...What did you want to talk about?" Sonic wasn't looking at Shadow, but he could feel his red eyes boring into him.

"It is something...important," Shadow said vaguely.

"Yeah, you told me that earlier today, Shad."

"I'm trying to develop a train of thought, stupid hedgehog." Sonic cringed. Shadow rarely ever said his name, it was always "stupid hedgehog".

"Sorry..."

The silence enveloped them once again, only disturbed by the water crashing against the cliff.

"Tell me, are you in love?" Sonic was completely caught off guard. His face turned a bright red. To hide it from Shadow he propped his elbows up on his knees and cupped his face with his hands.

"I-I dunno..." Sonic felt the staring sting him even more before Shadow replied.

"What does it feel like?"

"Uhm, huh?"

"To be in love."

"Oh. Uhm..." Sonic bit his lip sharply. "To be in love with someone is to find your other half in someone, I think. I mean, you feel...lost without them. They always seem to know what to say or how to act to make you feel a certain way and they just want you to be happy. That's what love is for me...I guess."

Sonic stole a glance at Shadow, but realized all too late that that was a mistake. Shadow's red eyes locked with his green ones and he couldn't look away. There was a strange mixed feeling of curiosity and revelation in Shadow's eyes as he stared at Sonic.

Sonic's heart froze in shock as Shadow brushed a leaf gently off Sonic's head and slowly grazed his fingers down his face. He couldn't hide the blush now with Shadow staring right at him. Shadow tilted his head in slight surprise, but regained a cool calm.

"I must be in love then," Shadow said softly.

"...What?"

A resounding crash blasted through the forest and Shadow leaped to his feet. Sonic stood up quickly as well when a soft growl left Shadow's lips.

"What is it?"

Shadow stayed silent for a moment more then relaxed slightly. A giant metal robot crashed into the clearing with them.

"Robotnik."

Sonic gapped at Shadow then a rushing anger consumed him.

"You set this up!" Shadow looked at him in surprise.

"I had nothing to do with this!"

"Whatever! Amy was right, how could I possibly have trusted you after all the crap that has happened?!" Sonic snarled.

"I am not involved in this attack!" Shadow insisted. He glanced back up and shouted, "MOVE!" Sonic and Shadow jumped apart as a volley of bullets showered the ground where they had been standing. Sonic yelled sharply as a bullet hit his leg. He crumpled in the grass, holding his leg gingerly. He looked back up at Shadow who had a look of surprise and worry on his face.

"DON'T EVEN PRETEND YOU CARE, SHADOW! YOU DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ME!" Sonic shouted. He dodged again as more bullets headed towards him, but with his injured leg he wasn't as fast. Bullets grazed his arms and chest as he rolled to the side. Suddenly, out of no where, the robot's leg swung up and caught him in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him. He flew a few feet before he hit a tree and blacked out.

He swam in and out of consciousness as the battle seemed to rage on. He faintly heard Shadow calling his name then a loud curse as bullets shot in the direction of Shadow's voice. He was already dying, why were they keeping up the charade, pretending to fight each other. A long period of darkness engulfed him again when he was stirred by the sound of an explosion. Hurried feet headed towards him and he felt someone lift his head up.

"Sonic! Sonic wake up!" he heard Shadow shout. Somehow in his semi-conscious state, he raised a shaking hand and felt Shadow grab it tightly. Even though Sonic knew he had been set up, the feeling of Shadow's touch for the first time made him tingly in all the right places. He felt sick.

"Shadow...Don't pretend...anymore..."

"I'm not pretending Sonic! You stupid hedgehog..." Sonic felt Shadow's warm lips slid over his own and the feeling of them thrilled him as much as it sickened him. Why was he doing this to him? Why keep torturing me with this fantasy? I know it's not real... Sonic thought sadly. Shadow's lips left his and Sonic felt him place his head on his fuzzy peach colored chest.

"Stupid hedgehog...stupid..."

Those words echoed in his head as he drifted into the darkness again.

Sonic's eyes fluttered open, but he shut them quickly again as the bright light stung them. He was in a hospital bed. He sat up slowly, ignoring the dull pain thumping through his body. No physical pain compared to what he had suffered.

"Sonic, please, lay down! You'll hurt yourself!"

Sonic turned to see Amy. She had a worried expression on her face, but he didn't obey. He only cared about one thing.

"Amy...Where's Shadow?" Amy faltered and looked away before she answered.

"Sonic, he's gone..."

Sonic stared at Amy who was twiddling with her thumbs. It can't be true...he thought.

"...'Gone'?" Sonic whispered. Amy nodded slowly. Sonic blinked a few times before he swung himself out of bed. Amy gasped in surprise.

"Sonic! No! Lay down!" She placed her hands on his chest trying to push him back down, but he grabbed her arms and looked into her eyes.

"I'm not a dog, Amy, now let me up." Tears rolled down Amy's face as she shook her head hard.

"I won't let you go back to him! He did this to you!"

"Amy!"

"Sonic, I love you!" Silence punctuated the air sharply as those four words echoed in their heads. Finally, Sonic pushed himself up and looked at her. Amy's lips were trembling when he bowed his head to look away.

"I'm sorry..."

"No, don't say that!"

"Amy, stop!" Amy gasped quickly and put a hand to her mouth. She felt the wind pass her as Sonic stepped around her to get to the door. She heard it click, but Sonic hesitated.

"I really wish I did so wouldn't have to hurt you Amy, but... I'm sorry."

The door clicked shut and she heard Sonic's footsteps echo down the hospital hall. She wiped her face with her arm and stared off into space.

"...I'm sorry, too."

It was a case of deja vu as Sonic ran down the same path he had several hours ago to go to the cliff. He didn't know why or how, but he knew Shadow would be there. His leg and side stung and protested at the movement, but he was numb to it.

With a crash, Sonic burst into the cliff's clearing. His eyes flashed to the cliff edge and his instincts were correct. Shadow stood in surprise.

"Sonic! What are you doing here?! You should be in the hospital!" Shadow said. Sonic completely ignored him. He took a step forward and Shadow froze mid-sentence.

"I can't believe you set me up like that just so Robotnik could attack me!" Sonic shouted. Shadow began to protest, but Sonic cut him off. "And I can't believe I trusted you after everything! Apparently, nothing that has happened between then and now mattered to you, but it did to me!" Shadow gaped.

"What?" Sonic felt tears welling up in his eyes and he wiped them angrily away.

"You know what! You made me fall in love with you!" Sonic took another step forward.

"Sonic, I wanted you to fall in love with me. I-!" Sonic growled angrily.

"Was that just a set up, too, then?!" he snapped. "All part of Robotnik's plan, wasn't it?!" Shadow shook his head quickly.

"Sonic, I wouldn't do that to you! I love you, too!" Sonic snapped.

"YOU b*****d!" He leapt at Shadow, but Shadow dodged out of the way. Suddenly, the ground disappeared from underneath Sonic. He opened his mouth in shock as he fell.

"SONIC!" Shadow shouted and he jumped after him.

Sonic saw the dark water getting closer and closer and his mind raced crazily. Vaguely, he noticed that the sun was already coming up. Had all that really happened in one night?...

Sonic didn't feel Shadow wrap his arms around his blue body, all he felt was regret.

The red sun shined over the water as two hedgehogs, blue and black and red, hit the surface with a splash...

Shadow gasped for air as he pulled himself as far away from the water as he could. He could feel Sonic was barely breathing in his wet arms. Shadow's hands scrabbled through the sand, dragging himself up the beach and finally he plopped down, breathing hard.

Shadow glanced at Sonic and saw that his eyes were closed. He put a hand on Sonic's chest and felt it rising and falling slowly and he sighed with relief.

"Shadow...?" Sonic whispered quietly as he opened his eyes. Shadow half-smiled and nodded.

"I'm here, Sonic. I'm not going to leave you."

Sonic looked up at Shadow, dumbstruck.

"Why did you save me?"

"Cause I love you, stupid!" Shadow said annoyedly. Sonic's eyes opened wide as the truth finally sank in. Shadow loved him, too.

Cautiously, Sonic scooched closer to Shadow. Shadow looked into his green eyes and smirked.

"What is it, dummy?"

Sonic closed his eyes and moved forward and kissed Shadow softly on the lips. He could feel Shadow twitch in surprise, but soon he relaxed and worked his mouth against Sonic's.

They held each other tightly and kissed for a long time, until the sun had risen even higher. For a moment they broke apart and Sonic hugged Shadow close.

"I love you, too." Shadow chuckled and lift up Sonic's face with a finger. He pecked him softly on the lips.

"You didn't have to stop to tell me that."

THE END  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm
I hope you like it.
My first time doing a yaoi of any couple so tell me what you think. ^_^  

Madam Merlise Shnieder

Dapper Sex Symbol

6,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
[The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations