Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Fundraising Committee Sponsored Raffle! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:34 am
Well. Lets plan for a raffle. Blissy has asked us to make a raffle and we want to please her. We are going to put it in the lotto forum, of course. But we have to get the details down.

Ticket Cost
Jackpot bereakdown percentage (as in how much will go to us and how much will go to the winner) - This will then decide how much money the Jackpot is, you know like 50k or whatever.
How much tickets will be sold
How many rounds we will go

And anything else a raffle holds.

I'll have to do a bit of research on this, but hopefully I can get everything sorted out and all that.

And also, we would love to get some affiliates for the raffle, seeing as it will be a big deal.

Also we will be looking for a few thread moderators for the raffle!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:43 pm
okay guys. If we sell 50 tickets and a cost of 100g (to begin with) it will be 5k total. IF we make it a 50/50 payout then we will make 2.5k and they make 2.5k.

The raffle will be ongoing, so I figured start small and then build up to selling over 100 tickets and whatnot.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:23 pm
Starting small is good. I'll do a bit of research, and see what I come up with. :>  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:27 pm
Yep, cause right now I'm working on what rules we should have. Like should we limit the number of tickets a person can buy?

and if we do will it be a set number for all the raffles we do or will the number change? and if it changes we kinda have to decide how many to limit per each ticket sold and all that >.< so much technical stuffs  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:36 pm
I was wondering,how long will the raffle go on for?? Like a week or so?? I understand that your still in the brainstorming stage, but just out of curiousity I guess.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:58 pm
what about the prizes?  

nanamis

Pure-hearted Dog

11,025 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Ninja_of_clouds

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:56 am
I agree we should start small. I think the person should be able to buy a max. of 10 tickets.

Also 50/50 payout sounds reasonable. If you want I can keep track of the tickets bought.

Also just another question would Bliss or Sabs be taking the money? Or someone else from the ball? Also I could probably be a thread moderator or help lead it if ya want...

Cloud  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:57 pm
Another one would be, are there going to be multiple people who will sell the tickets, or just one?

How will the tickets be distributed as well.(course that would come after the ticket sellers.)

revenge_is_sweet

Romantic Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Swervey
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:00 pm
So the prize will just be pure $$ or items?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:53 pm
I think the prize will be pure money.

And the raffle will continue up until the moment of the ball, thats why I said we would host it in rounds. I was thinking of using the Witches Tower Mule, it was one of the 7th Annual Ball Room mules and it sthe only mule I have a password for. Umm I know me and Sabs will be heading it because we are the captains, and I think it should just be us who sells tickets, as it might not even matter because I'll be on constantly.

And about the ticket limit. What if we get up to selling 1000 tickets. It would be tight if we do not get enough attention to the raffle and have a limit of 10 tickets for it. So I think the ticket limiting should change with every amount sold. I think 10 would be good if we were selling 100 tickets though.

And there will be a list of people who bought tickets. Under the buying post of the thread, so in essence it really is a lotto, but raffle sounds better in case we do change the prize to something other than money.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Ninja_of_clouds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:22 pm
jessieomer
I think the prize will be pure money.

And the raffle will continue up until the moment of the ball, thats why I said we would host it in rounds. I was thinking of using the Witches Tower Mule, it was one of the 7th Annual Ball Room mules and it sthe only mule I have a password for. Umm I know me and Sabs will be heading it because we are the captains, and I think it should just be us who sells tickets, as it might not even matter because I'll be on constantly.

And about the ticket limit. What if we get up to selling 1000 tickets. It would be tight if we do not get enough attention to the raffle and have a limit of 10 tickets for it. So I think the ticket limiting should change with every amount sold. I think 10 would be good if we were selling 100 tickets though.

And there will be a list of people who bought tickets. Under the buying post of the thread, so in essence it really is a lotto, but raffle sounds better in case we do change the prize to something other than money.

I dont see how you think 10/100 is fair. That means that one person would have 1/10th of a chance to win. If 9 other people did that it would be a 10 person contest. So if your talking in terms of 1000 ten would be alright because then if people did buy ten tickets, up to a 100 could buy ten...That is just my opinion...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:19 pm
Take an Elder MC, Like the March 2004 Letter, and Raffle it!

3000 Tickets for 1000 Gold Each.

500k Profit for the Fundraising and Someone else Becomes an extremely happy camper!  

IPod Crack

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:09 pm
the problem is where are we going to get a 04 MC. xD we kinda have to work with what we got. Which I don't think is much.

and honestly Ninja. I don't really have much experience with lottos/raffles. That is why I made this thread to see if I could get help from those that are experienced.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:17 pm
we could probably occasionally raffle art as well or have it as a consolation prize as an extra incentive to buy tickets. not overly elaborate art only something simple unless its the main prize(in that case we keep 100% of the profits).

but if we want have art as the main prize to keep the 100% of the profits we needa have someone reliable that will actually draw.

If art is only for the consolation prize it could just be random semi-good artist(or can give out gift certificates for the ball's bake sale art when it come out) <----- thats free advertising for the bake sale too; so 2 birds with one stone.

like jess said work with what we got. we got a few antsy artists lookin for stuff to do, a bake shop scheduled to have its grand opening, and a need to advertise a bit.  

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

IPod Crack

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:01 pm
I think If you can Pull a few people together, they can all Put something In. It would be awesome to be able to offer a Nice Expencive Item in the Raffle!

You could also make a Quest Thread, and to Keep it from Dying, try to Put the Link in the Guild somewhere and People will Post, then you can Also Apply for gold In Charities!  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff