Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Room Host Applications <3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:27 pm
Applications are being processed <3

Ok, so as it's almost December, in our last meebo meeting it was decided that the host application forum should be posted, and we should begin accepting applications. Applications Close December 19th

Therefore please note the following before applying:

•The room host is a tremendous responsibility. It is your duty to be able to create, maintain and provide an enjoyable environment thought the entire duration of the ball, providing Gaia with an enjoyable experience.

•The room host is in charge of his/her own room, the decision making of the ideas, concepts, general plotline, and proper execution of the general expectations the committee has set in place. Each room will be subject to final inspection, to make sure it meets the basic requirements.

•Room hosts must be active. If you are no longer able to partake in the planning please set your pride aside and step down.

•Room hosts must have an open line of communication to the committees and other room hosts, to ensure everything goes smoothly.

Note: Room hosts will be NPC's when we go live. Their job is not only to entertain the guests, but take part in the Plotline

Current List of NPC's can be found Here.

If you have read the above, and considered the commitment that you will take on with this position, please fill out the forum below:

Please Note: we know that things do come up IRL, but if you feel you cannot be active anymore, to the point your room is suffering please step down. None of us want to make that decision for anyone, however we do reserve the right to give the room to someone else.

The official rooms are as follows:

News Room, The Room of Wisdom and Arts, The Sea Room, The Celebration, The Dark Room, The Room of Beauty, and The Forest Room.

[b]Username:[/b]

[b]Average time on Gaia (per day):[/b]
[b]When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?:[/b]
[b]Who would you like to host with?:[/b]

[b]The room you want most:[/b]
[b]Rooms that you would be ok with hosting:[/b]
[b]Rooms you DO NOT want:[/b]
[b]People who you feel you would work best with:[/b]
[b]What are your strengths for this position?:[/b]

[b]Room Ideas:[/b] briefly list at least three ideas you have for the room that you want most and one idea each for the three rooms you would be ok with (ex. room names, contests, plot ideas).

[b]User Information:[/b] tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc).

Please Note: Not everyone will get the room that they want, or even perhaps a room at all. We will chose whoever we believe will be the best fit for that room- remember it is nothing personal against anyone!

If you are not chosen as a Host, then you may always apply as a co-host at a later date. Co-Hosts are to be chosen by the Room Hosts.

Thank-You!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:00 pm
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Username: Lady Angelishia

Average time on Gaia (per day): 4 Hours Weekdays / 6+ Hours Weekends
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: Afternoon - Night
Who would you like to host with?: Queen of Nowhere

The room you want most: The Room of Beauty
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: The Room of Wisdom and Arts, The Dark Room
Rooms you DO NOT want: xNone
People who you feel you would work best with: Queen of Nowhere, sup3rnovas, Lady Elmira. [Or anyone else, as long as they're nice-ish.]
What are your strengths for this position?: I've been rping for a long, long time, and am in fact, a nerd. I like detail, and can be a liddul bit of a perfectionist. I also have fairly good leadership skills, and can get a group together. I don't like to yell and be a meany-poo, as I prefer everyone to feel like a member of the team and be creative, but if things aren't getting done, I can turn into rawr-strict-person for several moments to get everything back on track. Kind of like the hulk. A leadership hulk. I like things that are visually pleasing, and think that I could organize a nice looking thread. I am also very active, and ready to make a commitment.

Room Ideas: briefly list at least three ideas you have for the room that you want most and one idea each for the three rooms you would be ok with (ex. room names, contests, plot ideas).

The Room of Beauty:
-Room Name Ideas: Vanity Rose Gardens / Romance with Roses
-Plot Ideas:
1. Since Aphrodite is the Goddess of Love, she could work her love-magics on one of the other NPC's in the thread, making them fall in love with the Princess Nymph, or some other party-goer. It wouldn't be a main plot, but it would be a short little tidbit that would make things more interesting.
2. The mirrors that are spread all throughout the rose garden could be traps, sucking unsuspecting NPC's into them. This could end up being the major plot, with a lot more detail added of course, if one of the main NPC's got sucked into the mirror after staring at him/herself, and the ballgoers have to figure out how to get them out.
3. We could do something with Narcissus, and how he was always staring at his reflection. He could be one of the other NPC's/cohosts.
-Contests:
1. Obviously the avatar contest. It is the Room of Beauty after all. I was thinking that maybe the challenge for this could be to create a flower inspired avatar, since it's placed in a rose garden, and flowers are very beautiful.
2. We could have a mini contest where they have to find roses throughout the thread. It could work like this: The NPC's will randomly post a picture of a small rose somewhere in their post. We would set up a number of how many roses there are, and the first person to PM the hosts with the page numbers of all the roses wins!
3. Poetry Contest! We could have them write poems that are supposed to be like ballads about things within the garden. We could give them choices, like: Songbird, Rose, Mirror, Loveseat, Gazing Pond, Sky... etc.
-Aesthetics:
1. I picture the room with a kind of dusty pink as one of it's basic colors. The other colors can be swirly whites and blues, possibly some golds and green for the leaves.
2. I'd like to see roses incorporated into the banners. Perhaps parts of the thread could be made to look like the words are under arches covered with climbing roses.
3. Light and Pretty, to sum it up!

The Room of Wisdom and Arts
-Plot Idea: One God or Goddess [Possibly Eris, Goddess of Chaos] could steal a very valuable / important item from the museum, and the ball-goers could find out where it is, using their intellect, since Athena is the goddess of wisdom.

The Dark Room
-Plot Idea: I think a small part of the plot should include Persephone. She's just awesome. So perhaps Hades could be trying to work up the nerve to go talk to her, because she's at his party. [Obviously this would suppose that he hadn't taken her as his wife yet.] And Ares could be encouraging him to go talk to her, 'cause he's all outgoing and straightforward.

User Information: I am one of the heads of plot committee, so I would probably be able to come up with a good plot for whatever room I got. That also shows at least some leadership. I also maintain the plot committee thread. I am obviously very active in the guild, and want this ball to succeed. I have been a role player for many years. I have made banners for various things, so that means that I have at least some inkling about aesthetics, and what looks good in a thread. I try to be a nice person, and am easy to work with. ^^. I feel that I could do a good job at this, and would really like the opportunity. <3

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:00 am
Username: Lady Elmira

Average time on Gaia (per day): Two to about 4 hours until I get my laptop at Christmas. Then I can get on more.
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?:Afternoons and Night.
Who would you like to host with?:I am flexible.

The room you want most: Celebration Room
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: Forest
Rooms you DO NOT want:None
People who you feel you would work best with:Jesse(sorry I forgot your username) Lady Angelishia , Broken_Bleeding_Angel Kala Kyra, Green Inkling, there are more but I can't think of them at the moment.
What are your strengths for this position?:I think leadership and friendliness. I want things to go together and look nice. I don't want things done half heartily. I am also a RP lover and I would bring that to the table.

Room Ideas: briefly list at least three ideas you have for the room that you want most and one idea each for the three rooms you would be ok with (ex. room names, contests, plot ideas).

Forest Room- Crythina Forest
Plot- I was thinking for a plot I would do a missing person man hunt. Either the person is wanted for something that they stole or they are lost.

Celebration Room-
Plot- I am thinking a wedding between two families but in a soap oprea way. Say a missing brother shows up and a ex-lover tries to get back his girl. Things like that.

User Information: tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc)

I am on two committee and putting together the Bake Sale for the guild. I belive this proves how much I want to make this ball the best one that we put together. I love to think of different plots and games to keep people interested in what we are doing. I am also very artistic person who loves to make things visually appealing.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:43 am
Username: Kirshline surprised

Average time on Gaia : one hour or more depends on what's happening

When are you on ? Morning and Afternoon

Who would you like to host with?: Anyone who wants to work with me smile

The room you want most: The Room of Wisdom and Arts heart

Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: Ally except The Dark Room

Rooms you DO NOT want:The Dark Room

People who you feel you would work best with: People who are open to
new ideas and that are nice.

What are your strengths for this position?: Flexibility and Management. I am a very good leader. I know how not to be bossy but in control at the same time. I also connect with people.

Room Ideas: We should have a contest of who has the best outfit. You should also have a seperate designer for each of the rooms. I can offer to be one of the designers if I do not get this job. You should also base the name of the rooom with the objects in it. cheese_whine cheese_whine

User Information: I love watching people have a good time and I enjoy haveing a good time too. I will donate whatever needed (if I can afford it ) to make this a grand success. This would really be a goood opportunity to test me leadership skills on new people. I would not let you down. biggrin  

Evonyawesome

4,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:53 pm
Username: broken_bleeding_angel

Average time on Gaia (per day): 4-12 hours.
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: it varies
Who would you like to host with?: Anyone, I'm not picky.

The room you want most: The Dark Room! <3
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: Beauty, Forest, Wisdom&Art and Sea
Rooms you DO NOT want: News Room
People who you feel you would work best with: Doesn't matter
What are your strengths for this position?: I have experience in hosting a room from last year where I was the Host of the Witches Tower until I had to resign due to a family emergency.

Dark Room:
- I see a dark palace underground
- Torture chamber
- Hades and Persphone (Halloween like party? o.0)

Beauty:
-Spa and tranquil like room

Forest:
- Giant tree-fort of lights

Wisdom&Art:
-Art museum

Sea:
Beach party/ Underground water palace.

User Information: I was host of the Witches Tower, I get along great with everyone, I'm easy to get along with, I try to make everyone I work with happy. I love playing the evil parts.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:57 pm
I'm back from the dead! Almost literally. I had an absolutely terrible case of the flu, lasted two weeks. I'm catching up on all my make-up work, and I'll think about when we should end this. I'm kinda brain-dead right now. XD  

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Queenie Cee
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:22 pm
Username:QueenofNowhere

Average time on Gaia (per day):4-12
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: Afternoon, Night
Who would you like to host with?: Lady Angelishia!

The room you want most: The room of Beauty
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting:The room of wisdom and arts, The sea room
Rooms you DO NOT want:I could work with anything.
People who you feel you would work best with:Anyone's great, preferably Angie.
What are your strengths for this position?: I was co-host for last year's ball. I'm well rounded, but I'm strongest at plot. I'm good at riling up a group, getting them to work together, and motivate everyone. I'm not a pushover, and can crack the whip when necessary.

Room of lurve:

1. I'm thinking, instead of the room of beauty, it could be renamed to "The vanity" or the "hall of mirrors"

2. Well, plot wise, perhaps we could have cupid hang around, being mischievous, and shoot some partygoers with love arrows, and cause a ruckus of sorts. Or even, cause the hosts to accidentally fall in love. Or maybe, help lovers come together.

3. Contest wise, there would be an avi contest (beauty contest), art contest with possibly a romantic theme. Maybe a short story contest with a romance theme?

The sea room:
well, I would like it under water, and the plot could be around possibly be a sea nymph falling in love with a land lubber. Or maybe pirates.

The room of wisdom and arts: There could be riddles to solve, trying to reach a goal, uncover something.

If I'm co-hosting, we could rp as sisters of love, or queen and servant.

User Information: tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc). Hm... well I was co-host for the witches tower last year and I'm head of plot committee. I'm a great person to work with, and I usually lighten moods.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:28 am
Ah the good ole` days when time and my job was not a hindrance. Wish I could go back in time and actually see myself as Overall Host actually flourish along with everyone who helped at the time. Didn't work out to well for me though. I think the annual ball's prior to that one were a lot friendlier for me. Maybe this year I can by sheer luck be a cohost once more. Anyway's enough rambling about me!

It's all about ya guys and our audience to this years ball!

Let me wish you all the best in bieng chosen for overall host! ^^  

La Patientia

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:17 pm
Before I apply, are the Room Hosts the same as the NPCs? So, for example, the host of the Forest Room plays Artemis? The answer might affect my application.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:41 pm
You will indeed play NPC's.

I have updated the first post. heart  

Annual Ball
Captain

GreenInkling
Crew

Salty Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:15 pm
Username: GreenInkling

Average time on Gaia (per day): It can range from 2 to 8 hours, depending on the day. So four, on average.
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: All these times.
Who would you like to host with?: Anyone who is creative and a fun RPer.

The room you want most: The Main Room or The Celebration
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: The Room of Wisdom and the Arts or The Forest Room
Rooms you DO NOT want: The Sea Room or the Dark Room
People who you feel you would work best with: I've gotten along fine with everyone so far: turn right, stupid psycho, jessie ohmer . . . etc. smile
What are your strengths for this position?: I am an excellent RPer with a sharp ability to keep up and to make everyone feel welcome. You know when you join a chat thread and no one seems to notice you or comment on what you say? I'm always the one who notices and brings you into the conversation. I think I'm very good at spurring plot development. I hope that doesn't sound braggy. ^^;

I can give it a lot of my attention since I don't have any solid working or school schedule right now.

I know a lot about Greek mythology and storytelling . . . I guess it wouldn't hurt to mention that my two degrees are in literature? So I do have a bit of background to pull from, as well as knowledge about what makes a good plot work.

Room Ideas:

The Main Room:
1) Plot: while the guests are partying on Mount Olympus, Zeus's eye can't help but wander. But Hera is never very far away, and she's suspicious. She retains her regal air and the graciousness of a queen, but secretly she's measuring up all the ladies (and lads) and sending her minions to test and pester them. Hestia remains the neutral party and an ideal and humble hostess.
2) I'd like to "hide" golden apples throughout the thread for guests to find. Each person to find (in other words, quotes first) an apple receives a prize.
3) Heros' Chariot Race: for Zeus's entertainment, the heroes deified and now living on Mount Olympus race their chariots. Guests can make bets on who they think will win. I'd like to do this as a raffle, to keep it simple.

The Celebration:
1) Some internet-suited version of a drinking game. Will probably use the Roll Dice tool for this.
2) Dionysus lost a golden ring, and it got baked into a cake. The guests should be on the lookout for eating this cake with the ring it! The deal is whoever finds the ring gets to keep it temporarily and wield the powers of Dionysus.
3) Plot: Demeter harbors some resentment toward Hades for taking her daughter, even after all these millenia. Dionysus gets drunk, and with some guests, decide to go prank/wreak havoc in the Dark Room. Demeter may or may not have something to do with it. wink

The Room of Wisdom and the Arts: an art contest or "Weaving Contest" in which guests may make and present tapestries for Athena's consideration.

The Forest Room: Artemis and her follows engage guests on a "hunt" for a white stag or other such mythological creature. Similar to the golden apple game, guests will quote the post that shows the creature and roll the dice. But only certain numbers signify an accurate shot.

User Information: As I mentioned above, I have a bounty of experience in the creative field and, I feel, am also able to be the ideal host and help the guests - and everyone - get the most out of the experience. I want it to be a Ball to Remember!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:42 pm
Username: Lectern

Average time on Gaia (per day): About 2-4 hours a day. I'm on a lot on weekends, though.
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: Afternoon and nights, normally. Sometimes the mornings on weekends.
Who would you like to host with?: Anyone works. I'm pretty flexible.
The room you want most: The Room of Wisdom and Arts
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: News Room, The Celebration, The Sea Room
Rooms you DO NOT want: The Room of Beauty
People who you feel you would work best with: Some with a good amount of experience would be nice.
What are your strengths for this position?: I've been roleplaying for a good 4 years or so and I enjoy writing on the side. I participated as a roleplayer in The Witches Tower last year and had a great time. I'm on the Plot Committee, so making a plot wouldn't be an issue.

Room Ideas: Well, for The Room of Wisdom and Arts, I think a fun plot would be a dispute between Athena and Apollo. Maybe something like a great debate that other roleplayers could join in on. Another idea would be that the books of their library are slowly disappearing for some unknown reason and the roleplayers are invited to help find the books. A final idea would be a 'book potluck' where all the roleplayers bring books and put them in the library for some reason.
The News Room could have more of a gossip theme to it where Hermes is spreading rumours about Hephaestus and vice versa. The roleplayers would have to distinguish wrong from right and ultimately mend the gods' fighting. The Celebration could again have a potluck theme or maybe something like Demeter and Dionysus are trying to make the ultimate "(insert food here)." For The Sea Room, I would love the idea of having a moon festival. Chaos could arise from the high-tides and what not.

User Information: As I've said, I roleplayed in The Witches Tower last year. All though that was my first year, I'd really like to get involved more this time. I love the idea of Greek Mythology, so I'd be willing to put in some extra hours on it. Hosting would be a HUGE motivation for me to work hard, and I'd love to help out.  

Lectern
Crew

Anonypanda

Girl-Crazy Risk-Taker

20,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:40 pm
User Image

Username:Panda Of The Twilight

Average time on Gaia (per day): Per day? From when I wake up until I go to sleep except for work so 8-16 hours on most days. 4 hours minimum
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?:morning to late night (11 a.m. to 1 a.m. EST on average)
Who would you like to host with?:Pixilated Envy

The room you want most:The Room of Wisdom and Arts
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting:The Dark Room, News Room
Rooms you DO NOT want:The Room of Beauty, The Sea Room, The Forest Room
People who you feel you would work best with: Pixilated Envy, True Bliss, Psycho Sabs, and maybe a few people who aren't in the guild yet.
What are your strengths for this position?:I'm experienced, Dedicated to the cause, stubborn, and love the idea of the ball.

Room Ideas:
The room of Wisdom and arts, or perhaps The hall of Creativity, Could be a room that expresses the artist thoughts of the time, created by the gaian users. Perhasps there could be art contests to see their interpretation of gods in gaia, or a written competition That meshes greek mythology and gaia mythology.

The dark Room or Alter of Shadows, could be the room that contains the evilness of the mythologies. As you all know, hades resides there, so maybe that one story of the man who lost his wife could be portrayed there. Maybe that could be run like a mystery. Like the castle room last year. People enjoyed that, and maybe we could make up our own myth to find the woman.

That's all I have for now unfortunately.

User Information: I was a Co-host last year for the castle room which was really successful. I was also on the fundrasing committee. Before that I was a user in the Kyoshin room and pretty much helped run that one too. As I said before, I am very dedicated to the cause, and would hate to see the ball die off.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 pm
Username: Pixilated Envy

Average time on Gaia (per day): Varies, but generally available most times.
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?:See above.
Who would you like to host with?:Panda of the Twilight / Team Envy

The room you want most:Wisdom and Arts
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: Any
Rooms you DO NOT want: Anything my co-host doesn't want. I can be flexible with enough notice. Imagination being the key.
People who you feel you would work best with: Panda of the Twilight & Team Envy :> (very few would I have trouble working with. ~.^
What are your strengths for this position?: Charismatic, creative, and patience.

Room Ideas: briefly list at least three ideas you have for the room that you want most and one idea each for the three rooms you would be ok with (ex. room names, contests, plot ideas). One idea is to make the arts thread a meeting ground for Gaian Artists who might be a bit more shy to the RP side of things-- as well as a place where people can role play their artistic side. Draw the Avatar above you/ Poetry contests/ and witty pearls of wisdom. I'll delve into plot ideas later once i have a chance to see what the plot team has planned so that i can work around their ideas.

User Information: tell us why we should pick you to be a host (qualifications, past experience, etc). I was able to step in for dolly when she wasn't able to host a room. Setting up a room with pre-existing ideas and themes was intriguing, but working in some of my own ideas into the room seems a lot more enticing.

Note: I will not be able to make any major commitments to the project until the new year (should all go well) due to reasons upper management have already been made aware of. smile  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Kaylin_5171

Fashionable Businesswoman

3,750 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:42 pm
Username: G0h4n1234

Average time on Gaia (per day): at least 2 hrs.
When are you on (Morning, afternoon, night)?: afternoon and early morning on weekdays, morning into afternoon on weekends.
Who would you like to host with?: Little Mintchan

The room you want most: News Room
Rooms that you would be ok with hosting: maybe the celebration and forest room, just tell me what time period they'd take place in
Rooms you DO NOT want: The Dark room,The room of wisdom and arts, the room of beauty and arts, the see room
People who you feel you would work best with: Little Mintchan
What are your strengths for this position?: I used to host a news guild

Room Ideas: A News Slogan (Reporting the News as it happens), Reporting anything big that happens in another room, and an art contest for a news logo.,A forest with campsites and waterfalls scattered, and an art contest for drawing anything celebration related

User Information: I am the former CEO of the Gaia Action News 5 and I am good at reporting news and hosting anything news related  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff