Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Guild Suggestions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:17 pm
Do you have an idea that would make this guild better? An idea for a new subforum we should have, a good way to get more guild members, or anything else along those lines? Share it here!

I'll start it off with an idea I have for a subforum. It gets kind of annoying when guilds end up with TOO many subforums, but what do you guys think about a subforum for health/beauty-related topics NOT pertaining to weight loss, such as skin care, hair care, jewelery/accessories, fashion, etc?

(Also: I know about that stupid typo in the journals subforum's title crying ("Diary's"). No one can do anything about it 'cause there are no active co-captains. I PM'd the captain of the guild asking her to make me a co-captain, but it seems she rarely logs on anymore, so yeah. whee )  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:54 pm
I think that would be fun. It would also be a way to remind people that loosing weight isn't the only way to feel better and look better.  

Goldenlici

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:58 pm
That sounds like a great idea!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:01 am
The guild founder still hasn't logged on... burning_eyes

Anyway, I got another idea, what do you guys think? There's been a ton of new journals started lately, and hopefully this trend will continue. But when there gets to be a ton of journals, chances are that there will end up being a bunch that no one else is reading. What if we set up some kind of buddy system where people (only those who are interested) get paired up with someone, and agree to regularly read (or at least skim xd ) each other's journals so everyone has encouragement?  

__penguin__
Captain

Sunsway

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:01 am
__penguin__
The guild founder still hasn't logged on... burning_eyes

Anyway, I got another idea, what do you guys think? There's been a ton of new journals started lately, and hopefully this trend will continue. But when there gets to be a ton of journals, chances are that there will end up being a bunch that no one else is reading. What if we set up some kind of buddy system where people (only those who are interested) get paired up with someone, and agree to regularly read (or at least skim xd ) each other's journals so everyone has encouragement?

That sounds good, but only for people who are interested. If it's an obligation then it might become a chore, and that's not a great thing.

Another suggestion: how about a recipe forum?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:26 pm
I like the idea of a recipe forum.

LOL DROP MY NAME

Anbaachan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:33 pm
I like the idea of being paired up with a couple people to read and support their journal if they want. I think it makes things a little more personal, which i think will help motivation. I also agree it should be something you sign up for because we all have our own lives and diets to worry about. If someone doesn't feel they need a buddy or wants to read everyone's journals on their own accord, that choice should be theirs and not the guilds.

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of the recipe subforum. Guys... you have a huge foodie right here. I can assure you, I would have my own thread. XD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:03 am
Anbaachan
Guys... you have a huge foodie right here. I can assure you, I would have my own thread. XD

Looking forward to it. 3nodding  

Sunsway

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:54 am
No need to wait for the subforum, you could make your own thread for that right now if you want. surprised

I think it's gonna be a while 'till we can add any subforums. It can't happen until the captain logs on and adds an active co-captain, and who knows when that'll be. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:04 pm
A little more organization might help. Make a sub-forum for nutrition and food thread and another one for exercises and things like that to make it easier to find what your looking for.  

SacredDemon17

Desirable Sex Symbol

8,775 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:18 am
I really like the abs challenge, maybe a different challenge every month, not necessarily with prizes, but the feeling of community and doing some together is really helpful.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:27 am
I also think a recipe subforum would be great to have. It'd be so much easier to share and post different healthy recipes instead of clumping them all in one thread. If all the recipes were stuck in 1 thread, each recipe would get lost in a sea of other recipes.

I also agree with the extra organization, having a subforum dedicated to exercise would be awesome. It'd be easy to find real exercise routines that actually work.  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:08 pm
SacredDemon17
A little more organization might help. Make a sub-forum for nutrition and food thread and another one for exercises and things like that to make it easier to find what your looking for.
User Image

This 100%

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:16 pm
[Beautiful Oblivion]
I also think a recipe subforum would be great to have. It'd be so much easier to share and post different healthy recipes instead of clumping them all in one thread. If all the recipes were stuck in 1 thread, each recipe would get lost in a sea of other recipes.

I also agree with the extra organization, having a subforum dedicated to exercise would be awesome. It'd be easy to find real exercise routines that actually work.
User Image

I agree.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus
Vice Captain

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 am
(Haha... does my posting of this mean I'm going to turn back into miss supermod? I dunno confused )

The thing about subforums is that when you have a guild that isn't REALLY active, they just hide posts. I think a recipe THREAD would be preferable, and if it gets really active, THEN turn it into a subforum.

ALTERNATIVELY, no one seems to be using the Fashion/Style subforum. How would you guys feel if I transformed that into the Recipes subforum? (Guilds just look so ugly when they have too many subforums... confused )  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games