Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
The Looking Glass Wars - Frank Beddor

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have you read this book yet?
  yes
  no
View Results

Sammiie in Wonderland

750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:50 pm
i dont know if anyone else has read this book, but it definately one of my favourite books..EVER

its supposed to be the original tale of ALICE IN WONDERLAND, but she lives in a different world where imagination controls everything and its sooo hard to descibe. heres the description on the abck of the book:

MURDER. BLOODSHED. WAR
the true story of wonderland..

Alyss was destined to become Wonderland's beloved Queen. Until her life was shattered. Seeing her parents killed she seeks refuge in our world. years later she returns. her evil aunt now rules the land. shrieking seekers command the air. and deep in the darkness something far more frightening is watching. and waiting. purring with anticipation...

honestly, if you like alice in wonderland, this book is the s**t (pardon my language)

yes "alyss" was spelled thats way on purpose.
in this book, she tells one man in our world her story, and he turns it into the famous alice in wonderland that we all know.

RECOMMEND YOU READ

discuss:
are you interested in reading it?
if youve read it, did you like it?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:57 pm
Actually there's a forum devoted to this book here, so this topic will probably be moved.

Anyways, I haven't read it yet, I know people say its awesome but I love the original AiW and I'm unsure whether I'd like this book.

Probably will end up reading it anyway though. XD  

Azure Caterpillar

Sammiie in Wonderland

750 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:02 pm
oh i didnt know there was a forum dedicated
oops razz  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:35 pm
No worries, I'll move the topic. ^-^ And yes, I absolutely love these books! Beddor's writing sometimes leans toward the graphic novel-esque (lots of onomatopoeia, and descriptions full of comparisons to objects/creatures/etc. in our world for an easy picture) but it works well with the story. The books get quite intense at points... such fun! <3  

The Night Faery
Captain

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:20 pm
Huh... you know Night-Night, I'd never thought about it like that, but you're right. Good thing I'm not an English major, or I'd be ashamed of myself. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:54 pm
I've read TLGW four times, Seeing Redd twice, and have yet to read Arch Enemy. I like how Beddor integrates his own imagination of creatures and things into the book, although the concept of crystals kind of confuses me...  

ravenkitty776

Miss Macabre Grey

8,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:05 am
@ The Nighty Faery
Ah! I so want to read the graphic novel! The Hatter was tied for my favorite character! The Cat is my other favorite. Me and my friend felt so bad the the Cat never get a real name, we either call him Lovino or Feliciano! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:09 pm
I was so sad when I saw that the library did not have the sequel. This book was by far the greatest twist off of Alice I had ever laid eyes upon....personally I love Molly and her cool, weapon weilding hat. But I totally hated Redd straight up after just a sentence about her I was like "Yeah....she needs to get a life." This would be a very interesting anime or movie...very bloody I guess in the beginning.  

TheBlackValentine

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games