Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Global Trade Station (Trades & Breeding requests)
[Closed]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arael the 2nd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:18 pm

Some kind soul has given it to me already.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:55 am
I am afraid that it is not possible to do in an egg without hacking (which is bad).  

krishnath

Arael the 2nd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:18 pm
Oh fiddlesticks. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:17 am
That is unfortunate.

However, if you have a venonath/venomoth you can try breeding a shiny yourself. Here is how you maximize your chance to get one:

First you need a venonath/venomoth. Preferably female, but male will do.

Then you either need a ditto (if the venonath/moth is male), or another pokemon that the venonath/moth can breed with (if female).

Now, one of the two pokemon should be from one language game (say, English), while the other should be from another language game (say Japanese).

Here is how it works:

You put the two different language pokemon in the day-care center, then simply hatch eggs until you get a shiny. It will take time, however, it will not take as long as if both pokemon where the same language.

The chance that pokemon hatched with this method is shiny is roughly 1/2024, rather than the 1/8096 that it is normally.

Yes it does work, it is in the code of the fourth gen games, and was confirmed by Nintendo themselves.

Good luck. ^^  

krishnath

Arael the 2nd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:47 pm
Well in a situation like this, where I'm requesting an otherwise normal Pokemon stat+nature+movewise, besides the shininess(which would just be purely for personal use), is it reaaaally that bad? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:54 am
Yes, it is.

Hacked pokemon can mess with and destroy your game if you are not careful. Not to mention that there is a risk that it destroys the game of anyone you trade with.  

krishnath

Global Trade Station (Trades & Breeding requests)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games