Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
I can't dig up the courage to tell him

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wintus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:41 am
One of my best friends likes me (more than a friend) and I already told him I wasn't interested, and now I like him! I'm hoping we can start to go out soon, (and maybe he'll kiss me! >w<) but I just can't dig up the courage to tell him that I like him. He told me (in person) that he likes me, so now I'm scared to do so. Also, he just got broken up with his other girl friend (no, he wasn't cheating, she got grounded for dating him), so I don't know if it's too early for him to start a new relationship. And I'm worried that if I break up with him after we start going out, it'll ruin our friendship! (or visa versa) Someone help me!! I have no idea what to do! I haven't ever had a boyfriend before! I've never even been kissed!
HELP ME!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:31 pm
Three words:

Suck.It.Up.

I'm tired of people asking OMG HOW DO I GET COURAGE TO TELL SOMEONE I LIKE THEM LOL
There is no magical way, you just suck it up and do it. D: <  

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

Ananszi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:13 pm
Candy Flavored Kittens
Three words:

Suck.It.Up.

I'm tired of people asking OMG HOW DO I GET COURAGE TO TELL SOMEONE I LIKE THEM LOL
There is no magical way, you just suck it up and do it. D: <

I both have to agree and disagree with you. I agree that it is true, you just have to do it. But I disagree with the fact of how you are getting your point across. Every single post I've found of you lately you are bashing someones face in. Read her post, it says she's never had a boyfriend before. She's new to this, as we all were or will be at one point. She's nervous, scared, and doesn't know what to do. I understand that there have been a lot of posts like this recently but I find it just plain stupid that it seems like no matter what thread I go to you are bashing someone. If I were her I wouldn't be taking your advice because I'd find you completely rude, then she would probably be taking the advice of someone else no matter how wrong it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:37 pm
If you don't know whether it's too soon for him to be in a relationship, then just tell him that you like him first. That way you can see where things go from there. If he's ready to be in a relationship again I'm sure he'll ask you out, right?

As for how to tell him; It is really hard telling a guy that you like him. I've never been able to tell a guy unless he says it to me first. But when I wanted to tell a guy that I like him, I would write him a note saying so. Perhaps you should do that. It might be easier than actually saying it to him. And once you give him the note or stuff it in his locker there's no turning back. The thing is, you just have to do it.

And if you're afraid that having a relationship with him will ruin the friendship that you have with him, you should assure him (and yourself) that if it doesn't work out that you will work hard to keep the friendship that you two had before. However, I recommend that you think about it before jumping into things with him. Sometimes friendships are worth much more than a relationship. And perhaps you won't be able to keep your friendship with him if the relationship doesn't work out. Just give it some thought.  

Rei Uchikino

wintus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:09 pm
@Rei Uchikino: Thank you, but I'm still not sure. Last time on Valentine's Day I completely embarressed myself by shoving a note into my old crush's locker. He read it to his friend's and he knew it was me right away! See what happens when I'm brave? >.< It always blows up in my face in the end.

@Eliza Rose: Thank you so much. I have seen her bash other people too, and I don't like fighting, so I would have just let her say stuff at me while I keep saying "Oh. I'm sorry..." But thank you!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:58 pm
Just tell him. That's all you can do.

If you like him, you don't want to miss the oppertunity then, regret and wonder what could have been. So just tell the boy, what's the worst that could happen?

And if he's really and truly your friend, something like dating/breaking up/romantic feelings won't get in the way of that...  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:03 pm
If he's really your friend then I'm sure he won't embarrass you like that. But it's just a suggestion, you don't have to if you don't want to.

Perhaps another thing you could do, is tell him in person. Except have a friend with you as moral support. Maybe you'll feel more confident if you have someone whom you're familiar with there with you.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:16 pm
Rei Uchikino
If he's really your friend then I'm sure he won't embarrass you like that. But it's just a suggestion, you don't have to if you don't want to.

Perhaps another thing you could do, is tell him in person. Except have a friend with you as moral support. Maybe you'll feel more confident if you have someone whom you're familiar with there with you.

That's true, I didn't think about that. Having a friend with me always helps.  

Ananszi

wintus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:39 pm
I only see him on the bus ride home, and occasionally at Target or the mall or downtown or something. And I usually have my sisters and my mom with me, so that would be embarrassing. I'll probably tell him during chatting in an email. It would be so weird to hear his reply. And probably find out that I got the wrong email address. But I could quickly slide a not into his backpack on the bus. Subtly, probably while he and my other friend (Abby) are talking (We all sit together, and I always get squished between them). The only problem with that plan is that he sits on his backpack, so it would look like I was reaching for his a** (Which wouldn't be good if he sees).  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:53 pm

Uff, I remember when I used to get super nervous when I liked a guy. So nervous that I never said anything and was left with the ever-annoying "what if".

So, after many years living like this, and being single, I finally gathered the courage to let my feelings be known when I fell for an old friend who liked me in the past. Lo and behold, he felt the same way! Today we're still together and it's been a year and a few months of a wonderful and bittersweet relationship that I hope will last longer.

It's not easy letting your feelings be known, but it's harder left wondering "what if". So, gather up your courage and let him know. 3nodding You'll know when the moment is appropriate for this.

In life we have to take chances and live with the consequences.

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:13 am
I was in a relationship with a friend that ended in pretty much the worst possible way. After I took a few months to get over it we went right back to being friends. A strong friendship can incorporate a failed romantic relationship without suffering too much for it. I think you shouldn't worry so much and just tell him you have changed your mind. He likes you, so you don't even have to worry about that aspect of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:18 am
X-Miss-Mitsukai-X
I only see him on the bus ride home, and occasionally at Target or the mall or downtown or something. And I usually have my sisters and my mom with me, so that would be embarrassing. I'll probably tell him during chatting in an email. It would be so weird to hear his reply. And probably find out that I got the wrong email address. But I could quickly slide a not into his backpack on the bus. Subtly, probably while he and my other friend (Abby) are talking (We all sit together, and I always get squished between them). The only problem with that plan is that he sits on his backpack, so it would look like I was reaching for his a** (Which wouldn't be good if he sees).
But what if it gets lost? Maybe he wouldnt find it, and you would interpret that as him not liking you when thats totally not true sad
Maybe hand him the note and tell him to read it later? Its slightly more personal that way.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

witchhunterrobin80

800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:31 am
My first boyfriend was a friend first. It also ended badly but now after being in other relationships, I am able to hang out with my first love and have an even closer relationship to him than before we went out, also we have an amusing history to look back on now that the relationship wounds have healed. I told my friends that I liked him and it leaked back to him which ended up with him asking me out. It was waaaaay easier than facing my fear and if he hadn't shown any interest I could have just brushed it off as a rumor, I don't know if it was a bit cowardly, but I did eventually plan on telling him, just word spread faster than I could get the courage up. Even if it was at least that way it was less likely for my feelings to get hurt.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:25 pm
Well i am always afraid that if my bf and i break up it will be the end of our friendship. but its a risk i take.

also, its really hard to tell a boy you like them. you get really nervous and freaked out, but once you tell them, you immedietly relax. well at least that was how it was with me.  

Ratt Kazamata

ThornySinger

2,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:51 pm
Ahh, it's hard. I kept on stalling, and stalling, and it never worked out. My friend was kind enough to say it for me. He was actually okay with it. Maybe an e-mail or a note will be best to tell him. There's always that backspace button or eraser for you!  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games