Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Painting... any crits?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Piovra

Savage Sailor

13,475 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:41 pm

i was wondering if you guys think i'm missing somthing in this one, i don't know but it seems like it to me... what can i fix?

My Deviant
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Anatomy needs a lot of work.
Eyes too high up. Neck too short, starts too thin, ends too fat. Shoulders not wide enough. Eyes too big (could be a style thing). Eyes and nose (or, alternately, chin) off-center of head. Tears come from the inside edge of the eye, not the outside. They run along the lower eyelid to the outside.

But, yeah. Not ripping on you, obviously, just making observations. Sorry if it sounds harsh.

The Titanium Spork

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:04 pm

you could brighten up the colors on the woman, because the green of the mic overpowers her a bit here.

your composition is not terrible strong... if you are going to show just half of the head, I would suggest going straight down the middle of the face instead of showing that little bit of the other side of the face. You want to lead your viewer's focus to where you want, and having a teeny bit of something you aren't showing the rest of muddles it a little. I would also suggest making the head higher (a squarish frame is hard to work in) and the mic lower (not just for focus reasons, but it is also a bit high to realistically sing from), and maybe a bit muted if you want more of a focus on the face instead of the mic. Right now the mic is the first place I jump to when I look at it.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:17 pm

thanks guys this really helps smile

Piovra

Savage Sailor

13,475 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash