Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Why do people play maplestory? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Late Night Sex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:18 pm
Don't get me wrong, I am not a hater (had a lvl 106 priest), but why do people play maplestory? It's mindless grinding and there is no storyline whatsoever. Before I quit about 2 years ago I tried asking others why they continued to play, and the high level characters got really offended, as if I was just trying to laugh at them or something. When I ask them "What will you do when you reach lvl 200?" they simply respond "Make a new character" or "Quit". What is the purpose of going through all that trouble, wasting valuble time, just to quit in the end?.. The only reason I ever wanted to play to begin with was to hang out online with friends, and even that wasn't so great.

So why do you play?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:51 pm
You have some good points. I've never really thought about it before.

I originally started playing because I've never played an MMO before, and since MapleStory is free I thought I'd give it a try. The cuteness of the game also attracted my attention.  

Rei Uchikino

phillipo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:24 pm
I quit at 138, myself.

It started with how fun an action RPG is. Most MMOs are click and wait (Runescape, for example) which got boring very quickly.

I soon got sucked into the vicious MMORPG cycle. Fight monsters to get strong enough to fight stronger monsters to get strong enough to fight stronger monsters and get strong enough to fight stronger monsters... New skills meant a somewhat different playing pace, but once I got every skill my class had to offer, there didn't seem to be much point to it. Especially since when I quit, the strongest thing to train on was Skelegons. And everything down to Wyverns was taken all the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:36 pm
Your thinking your wasting valuable time? Not getting offended here, but if you've ever played an rpg, like let's say fallout 3, and beat it 100%, you've only got two choices, "Make a new character," or "Quit". Most RPGs only have those two choices once you beat them, it's not just maplestory, just takes longer to get to the end LOL. Anyways, I play because maplestory it is a really bad drug lol, and it's the only way to see some of my friends.  

Kite Katolia

Timid Genius

6,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Holystarlit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 pm
well i have no friends, so all i do is games its bad i no but im not the type of person to just do "hello there,want to be friends?" and like them... im weird to understand i hardly get myself at times... im so confused i play ms cuz im loney,bored, but think ms will help somehow....*sigh* im so stupid  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:51 pm
Quite honestly, because the other MMO's I've tried are too complicated, and Maple is so dang cute. I am perfectly fine with admitting that I am bad at most games. I like 2D games because I tend to get lost on 3D maps, and the sprites for maple are adorable.
That, and I am a pretty casual player. I don't really plan on grinding it out to level 200- I just play when I have free time because I find it more fun than watching TV, and it's free.  

We Have A Winnar

jess!ca

6,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:19 am
you have a bad day then you go to maplestory then your trouble goes away.. its fun its cute and the people you talk to in there makes it fun..it's something to do when your bored..yes you hang out with friends sometimes but not all the time..sometimes you just want to sit comfortably in your home and let your worries fade away.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:56 am
jess!ca
you have a bad day then you go to maplestory then your trouble goes away.. its fun its cute and the people you talk to in there makes it fun..it's something to do when your bored..yes you hang out with friends sometimes but not all the time..sometimes you just want to sit comfortably in your home and let your worries fade away.

agreed ^-^  

iiVocaloid Len

Lamp O random

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:53 pm
well i saw the game watched a few things for it and said to myself heh i should play this after that ive been play that game killing monsters and some what helping some noobs around the towns if i ever got a vic quest  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:41 pm
i play it cuz its fun lol stressed  

Tina Ngo

-- II Amber Chan II --

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:17 am
Yah, i play because it is fun too! But playing Maple Story is pointless... stressed stressed stressed rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:02 am
Maple is an addiction, plain and simple. Nexon started the game as a fun, and fairly free, venture. Then, they gradually and increasingly jacked up the Cash incentives. Also, they outdated existing equipment by releasing new, better scrolls -- from 10/60, to 30/70, to white scrolls, to chaos scrolls, to 60% GM scrolls adn 50% scrolls, to Vega scrolls now. People are addicted to leveling, and the spending makes it "easier," so they keep spending. Addiction is the only way to explain why Nexon's customer service is so horrible -- most things int he game they offer no support for, but players keep coming back for more. Now they've released Dungeon Fighter, and the cycle has begun anew.  

Breadist

Writer

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:37 pm
Because it's fun and satisfying, of course!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:14 pm
i play for many reasons....
1. to escape reality i love how maplestory and many other games you can do thing that normal people can't ^-^ and how that if some one pisses you off you can just change channels and ignore them. 2. I love to meet new people especially people who like games that i like. 3 just so i can get out of the whole fastness and screaming and slowlely ending life (not 2012) and leaving bordom i play video games like Maplestory (and yes i know there where mroe the 3 reasons...)  

SadaKiyo

Streaker

Chronos Interferon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:13 am
Stack O Panda
i play for many reasons....
1. to escape reality i love how maplestory and many other games you can do thing that normal people can't ^-^ and how that if some one pisses you off you can just change channels and ignore them.
2. I love to meet new people especially people who like games that i like.
3 just so i can get out of the whole fastness and screaming and slowlely ending life (not 2012) and leaving bordom i play video games like Maplestory (and yes i know there where mroe the 3 reasons...)

I agree with all 3 of those >_<  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces