Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Female Witch Hunter Inquisitor Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunar Okami Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:12 am
Now i'm working on my Witch Hunters army, and to fit in with the Sisters of Battle theme i'm hoping to create an all female army. Now i know there are already a number of female Inquisitor models in the Witch Hunters range but i dont like any of them. No personality and they dont exactly have an action orientated pose.

Now i want to convert my own, but i dont know where to start or what models to use. Anyone have any ideas?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:50 am
Have a look at the Warhammer Fantasy range, since Witch-hunters seem to be stuck in that era. I'll have a looksie at exact bits when I get back from shopping.  

Sir Doober

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lunar Okami Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:45 am
Hmm its an idea, i could raid my friends Dark Elves bits box for a stake gun from his Corsair parts. I just need to find a suitable body to use  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:10 am
What kind of body are you looking for, armoured up, or robe-y? Also of note:

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/article_WFEB12/BATTLE-WIZARD-FLAMING-SWORD.html?shop_param=cid=133&aid=WFEB12&

Because a flaming sword is just awesome, and totally relavent to the Witch-Hunters motto of 'PURGE IT WITH FIRE'.

You could also loot your friends bits box for one of these.

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/shop/article_WFDE125/DARK-ELF-WARRIOR-TORSO-D-FEMALE.html?shop_param=cid=1&aid=WFDE125&  

Sir Doober

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lunar Okami Rose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:36 am
Hmm those are some good items. Plus with the fact they are plastic i can get them very easily. I've seen the sword from the Empire Wizard kit which doesn't cost that much, i think about £12 for two here.
The torso is a great match, just what i'm looking for.

Thanks for the help  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:55 pm
Depending on whether you're allowed to use non-GW stuff where you game, found this little gem lying around on another forum I go on. :p

http://www.urbanmammoth.com/acatalog/

Examples:
Veteran sniper
Veteran sergeant
Heroine Sergeant
Land pilot  

Sir Doober

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Lunar Okami Rose

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:44 am
Hmm not a bad selection. I rarely game at a GW store, i go over a friends house. We dont mind having models used from other games as long as they've been converted and mounted on the proper base. The Land Pilot model was a good example of what i'm looking for. I'd just have to remove the arms and add them onto the torso you showed me, and have a play around with the weapons  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:18 am
what is that  

TrueAngelDj

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Tai Strife

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:57 am
The Hunter Princess
Hmm its an idea, i could raid my friends Dark Elves bits box for a stake gun from his Corsair parts. I just need to find a suitable body to use

You're lucky i've got a large Dark Elf bitz collection. Although i would suggest using corsair legs to go with the torso, at least then you have a model with a strong pose.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:02 am
Tai Strife
The Hunter Princess

You're lucky i've got a large Dark Elf bitz collection. Although i would suggest using corsair legs to go with the torso, at least then you have a model with a strong pose.

Lol yeah, anyway have you got the parts i need? I like the idea about the corsair legs, but what i want to know is will the parts fit together or not. If they do then thats great, all i'd need is a suitable female head, and something to cover up the fantasy element. Oh and a colour scheme aswell.  

Lunar Okami Rose

Isis47470

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 pm
Making female 40k models is tricky, but very doable. You may consider looking into the eldar banshees, they have shapely bodys in armor that with some work might make a good torso.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:28 am
Ben Cook
what is that

I like Ben. Eh is a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Lunar Okami Rose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:26 am
Isis47470
Making female 40k models is tricky, but very doable. You may consider looking into the eldar banshees, they have shapely bodys in armor that with some work might make a good torso.

I did look at those, but the body wasn't what i was really looking for. Too alien for a Witch Hunter Inquisitor. In the end i've gone for some Dark Elf pieces using Corsairs and Warrior parts. Now all the remains is to find a head piece for the model.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:33 am
The Hunter Princess
Tai Strife
The Hunter Princess

Lol yeah, anyway have you got the parts i need? I like the idea about the corsair legs, but what i want to know is will the parts fit together or not. If they do then thats great, all i'd need is a suitable female head, and something to cover up the fantasy element. Oh and a colour scheme aswell.

Yeah i have the parts you need. The legs, torso piece, and even the handbow arm you're looking for are all ready to be shipped off. When do you need them by?
Oh and if you're looking for a head, then you might like to try looking at the fantasy range, especially Mordheim, Bloodbowl and even Necromunda. Here are some i found

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1290378&prodId=prod1120017
If you can get them seperately then you can save yourself some money. Any of the heads from the set would be good.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1290335&prodId=prod1560078
All you'd need is a saw and then start chopping the head off.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300002&prodId=prod1120131
Chop one head off and you still have models left over to use as members of the retinue if you have one.  

Tai Strife

Lunar Okami Rose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:54 am
Tai Strife
The Hunter Princess
Tai Strife
The Hunter Princess

Yeah i have the parts you need. The legs, torso piece, and even the handbow arm you're looking for are all ready to be shipped off. When do you need them by?
Oh and if you're looking for a head, then you might like to try looking at the fantasy range, especially Mordheim, Bloodbowl and even Necromunda. Here are some i found

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1290378&prodId=prod1120017
If you can get them seperately then you can save yourself some money. Any of the heads from the set would be good.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1290335&prodId=prod1560078
All you'd need is a saw and then start chopping the head off.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300002&prodId=prod1120131
Chop one head off and you still have models left over to use as members of the retinue if you have one.

Its a difficult choice between the bloodbowl cheerleader, or the necromunda gang members. The Sisters of Sigmar were good, but it was too fidly to go cutting and filing down the pieces i need.
The cheerleader would be easy, plus the position of her body and her head means it will create a dynamic look.
The gang models will come in handy even if i dont chop off the heads. They'd make great veterans and tie into the theme of the Inquisitor dealing with problems in the hive cities.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff