Submit

Ciro Blue

Distinct Genius

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:11 pm
If you're fans of Death Note, you know that there are novels right?
Anyway, I just recently read L Change the World by M.
and here are my favorite scenes/lines:

L. Lawleit was and still is my favorite character in all cases related to the Death Note. Though he was odd, he had good in his heart and I will forever adore him for his deeds.
[lol. I talk as if L is a real person rather than just a fictional character]

Here are my favorite parts of the novel L Change the World by M.

At the scene in the virus-infected airplane, L and Kujo had spoken with each other. L had spoken this:

"People aren't perfect. And neither is the law; it was created by imperfect people. But the law is the essence of people's desire to protect those they love, those they value. If there is even one person who continues to have hope in justice, I will continue to believe in justice under the law and protect it. For as long as I am L."

A paragraph telling a bit about L and his name.

"L. At Wammy's House this letter did not signify the twelfth letter of the alphabet alone. It stood for 'Last One.' The one who stood alone, without a successor. L also stood for 'Lost One,' as in a child dropped from heaven by some omnipotent being."

my favorite scene, the scene where L shows a bit of his humanity.

"L ran after the car that carried Maki. Straightening his curved back. Pushing his body beyond what it could handle. He knew from the start that there would be no catching up to them. That his own body was no match for the car. And still L ran. Like a man who had battled everything that was ludicrous in this world. Just like those who confronted a great evil in the name of justice. the car receded into the distance. L fell forward on his hands and knees gasping for breath.
'Light--this feeling of failing to protect those to whom you promised safety. Is this the reality you spoke of?'
The car's taillights gradually faded from view. The blood from the wound trickled down L's arm to the broken watch he wore in remembrance of Light and dripped onto the asphalt. Suddenly, he pounded his fist against the hard ground. Over and over. he did not stop even when his knuckles were pink with blood.
'Light...it hurts. My heart--"
It was hurt that L. Lawleit had supressed, that he had to supress in order to continue his existence as the peerless Detective L. How had the world's top detective been described with regard to facets of his personality other than his ability as a detective? He had been called a kinky detective who relished bizarre murders, a human computer capable only of measuring mass murders in terms of cold numbers, a reclusive sociopath. What L thought of such estimations of his personality only L could know. But no one could truly understand L. How L did not and could not forget the faces of thousands of victims. Who could comprehend the man who had lived his life, and had to live confronting all of the lives ended prematurely, the tears of the grief-stricken survivors, the devaluing of life as a daily reality. How was it possible to measure the pain of such a man?
Was it a strain so heavy that L's back curved under all its weight? Was it an agony so terrible to leave the indelible dark curcles around his eyes? Was it a feeling so bitter that every bite he took needed to be coated in sugar? The chronically rounded shoulders, the inevitable dark circles, the eccentric tastes--L supressed the pain of being a champion of justice, but the evidence of the pain was molded into his very body.
L tore out his hair and howled at the sky, unleashing the agony inside his soul."

Again at the scene with Kujo.

"'One can always tell a Wammy's student, even if they do change their face and hide their past,' L said."

Something about L's successor, Near.

"'He is called Near, or Next. 'Near' as in the one soon to follow after L, and 'Next' as in one to suceed L. He may be a touch more difficult to handle than I was..'"

What Maki thinks of L. [note that L and Ryuzaki are one and the same]

"The instant she saw the message, Maki knew that she would never see Ryuzaki again. Ryuzaki, who dropped crumbs everywhere when he ate sweets while perched atop the sofa. Who bit his fingernails as he walked with rounded shoulders. Who risked his life to protect her. The Ryuzaki she adored."

The last scene of the book almost broke my heart. This is where L dies..

"L was perched atop the sofa, his legs folded against his chest as usual. Tossing the cell phone marked marked 'President of the United States' into the trash, he took out a chocolate bar Maki had given him.
'Maki, are you waking up about now? Make your day be a good one.'
L took off the wristwatrch that was a memento of Light and placed it next to the picture of Watari.
'Light, I'll see you on the other side. Let us explore the world of nothingness together.'
As he nibbled on the chocolate bar, L continued to play chess alone. But perhaps his opponent was visible to L.
'Watari, it's been a while since we played chess.'
'Finally, we can take our time.'
'Since I was a child, I have never beaten you at chess.'
'That's right. And I won't go easy on you today.'
The sound of the pieces being moved on the chessboard echoed inside L's suite. It was a warm, familiar sound, like a duet played by two men who understood each other.
L looked up suddenly and gazed at Watari's photo with the worried expression of a child. 'Watari, have I fulfilled your expectations?'
Watari answered with his usual serene smile and uttered one simple uneering word: 'Fully.'
L smiled an innocent smile. Watari slid his knight in front of L's king.
'L, checkmate.'
In a kind and comforting voice, Watari announced the time."

I also read The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases.
They're terrific!!!!!!!

and I'm also looking for the other novels, if ever there are more.

anyway, why don't we talk about the novels here???  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:07 pm
i have read and watched that already
As for now, I am reading the Death Note 4: Los Angeles BB murder case

Beyond BIrthday is creepy yet totally awesome!!!
HE really looks like L except BB has Shinigami Eyes heart  

GrimoireArts

Yui Shimizu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:51 pm
I heart L Lawliet!!! rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:51 pm
Hiroki Yasuhara
i have read and watched that already
As for now, I am reading the Death Note 4: Los Angeles BB murder case

Beyond BIrthday is creepy yet totally awesome!!!
HE really looks like L except BB has Shinigami Eyes heart

i own that book and its awesome right?
i knowww!! he's sooo creepy!!
but he's totally cool!!  

Ciro Blue

Distinct Genius

2,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
An Anime Addict's Guild

Manage Your Items