Angels in the Water (Chapter 3 Up!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:10 pm
User Image

Welcome to Angels in the Water, my 2009 NaNoWriMo novel! I've had this idea rolling around in my head for a while and I'm so excited to finally begin writing it down! Leave me comments and stuff!

Index

< Index || Synopsis >
< Characters >
< Chapters || Progress >
< Soundtrack >
< Artwork >

Synopsis

Rochelle Jones has always been told that she'll grow into her beauty. At a month before her seventeenth birthday, she isn't really buying it. After all, she is still as thin and lanky as ever, her freckles only seem to multiply, and her frizzy flame-colored hair gives practically everyone reason to call her names. Compared to the rest of her normal-looking family, she's a freak. She just doesn't know how much of a freak she really is.

Chelle's transformation begins on her seventeenth birthday. But it's not just any kind of transformation; it's literal, involuntary and completely at random. Leaving her with more questions than answers, one special family member steps in to confront her with the secret of her lineage and charges her with a special task; to protect the environment from harm at any cost. The only problem is, there seem to be people bent on its destruction, and likewise the destruction of the human race. But how is she supposed to stop an environmental catastrophe when she can't even control her own body?

Rating

As I did not think there would be any sexual themes or extremely hard language, I feel comfortable rating this year's NaNo novel T for Teen.

Genre

Urban Fantasy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:11 pm
User Image

I'm not going to put every single character on here, but I will put the main ones up! ^_^ Enjoy!

000Rochelle Jones
User Image

Nickname: Chelle

Physical Characteristics: Frizzy red hair, murky green eyes, freckles. Chelle has very pale skin, is around 5'7" and is reed-thin and lanky.

Personality Traits: Chelle is normally pretty quiet, but she is naturally inquisitive. Smart, but not a genius. She's also a little sarcastic, but generally only toward people she knows or those who really get under her skin. She doesn't know why, but she seems to attract trouble.

Role and Relationships: Main character. She finds out about her odd heritage when she turns seventeen and proceeds to be--as most heroes are--an exception to the rule. Her mother is a famous environmentalist, and her father is her mother's assistant/bodyguard. She has one sister, Trielle, with whom she shares a terse relationship.

000000Ian Kelley
User Image

Nickname: Kelley

Physical Characteristics: Brown hair and eyes, olivine complexion. Looks Italian. Around 6'0" and built like a runner.

Personality Traits: A little too serious at times. He hates his nickname, although Chelle insists on calling him Kelley. Ian is outgoing and brash, but tries to rein himself in so as to not be offensive to others. Enjoys keeping a low profile.

Role and Relationships: Chelle's "babysitter." Hired by her family to guide her through her change, and subsequently becomes a protector of sorts.

00000Trielle Jones
User Image

Nickname: Tri (pronounced "tree")

Physical Characteristics: Long wavy brown hair, dark blue eyes, milky skin. Trielle is one of those girls. She's got all the right curves in all the right places, is around 5'7" and looks like a model...

Personality Traits: ...and she knows it. Trielle is your typical queen bee, right down to the bitchy attitude and her keen interest in Ian. She obsesses over her good looks and has her very own pack of popular friends. As far as Trielle is concerned, her job is to look innocent until proven otherwise.

Role and Relationships: Chelle's older sister. Is extremely jealous of her little sister's intelligence (even though she's actually quite intelligent herself) and her abilities as they develop. Chelle is an instigator, and causes all sorts of problems, both by actively pursuing Ian (who's just trying to mind his own business, thanks) and by airing out Chelle's dirty laundry whenever she can.

0000000Sherwood
User Image

Nickname: Kitty, Woody

Physical Characteristics: Orange Tabby. Greenish-brown eyes. Lean and fox-like in his features. Furry.

Personality Traits: Lazy, cuddly and friendly.

Role and Relationships: He's Chelle's birthday present! Starts glowing after Chelle gains her Vision. Huh. Guess he's more than he seems!  

Alanora Calaran

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:12 pm
User Image

I will be linking to the chapters as I put them up on my NaNo blog. It's less time I have to spend inputting code for Gaia!

< 00. Prologue >
< 01. Good Luck >
< 02. Secrets >
< 03. Tanked >

Progress:

12,589 / 50,000 words
25.1% complete

Working on Chapter 4!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:13 pm
User Image

Stay tuned! biggrin

Alanora Calaran

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:13 pm
User Image

User Image
My first banner, yay!

User Image

And one a little smaller...

Want to make art for me? It's okay. You can. >_>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:14 pm
Reserved, just in case!

Alanora Calaran

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:15 pm
Reserved, just in case!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:16 pm
Okay go! ^_^

Alanora Calaran

Alanora Calaran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:51 pm
Chapter 2 is up!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:33 am
Chapter 3 is up!  

Alanora Calaran

SpunkMonkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:17 pm
Just coming as your Muse to say your Muse does not agree with your choice of any character but Sherwood. Don't know why, I guess I just pictured them all dramatically differently.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:42 am
Really? I pretty much described them all that way, so my muse will have to deal with it! XD  

Alanora Calaran

thethingsyouputinyourtea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:10 pm
that was amazing. now you got me excited for what comes nexttt. i cant wait. i like it. no wait i love it. its so amazing. i want moreeeeee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:53 pm
still waitingggggg......... no rush, well just a little bit  

thethingsyouputinyourtea

Novels/Novellas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas