Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Roommate trouble

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kendoson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:40 am
I've been living with my roommate for about a week now and though I tried not to fall for him, I'm slowly becoming very attracted to him. I haven't told him I'm gay and I've no idea if he is or how he feels about the subject. I can't move and it's getting to the point where every time I'm around him I turn into a ball of nerves because I'm struggling not to give my feelings away and also ignore how much I want to tell him at the same time. It doesn't help that he likes to joke around with me and sometimes his jokes seem like flirty teasing but that could just be in my head. How can I know if he's gay or how he feels about the subject without giving myself away?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:43 am
Bring up the subject of a gay friend or something or hell rent broke-back mountain and watch it in the livingroom but ask him "Hey I'm going to watch this but I heard it has some gay dudes in it, so you might want to not."

Hm.  

Syntria
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:19 pm
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

If he's a good friend of yours, you should tell him. But if you're worried about his reaction, I'd probably play it cool for a while until you're sure you trust him.
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:30 pm
Exactly as safffron said, wait a while until you know you can actually trust him.
Also, I'm wondering if you might simply like him as a friend? Is this the first room mate?  

Mage_Almasy

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:08 pm
If you have a friend who is also gay, invite them over for like a movie night or something and let your roommate know. Then try to judge his reaction. If it doesn't work, or you're still unsure try inviting him to go with you and some friends to a gay bar or something.

Make sure it's with friends, that way it just seems like you're being sociable/considerate and not being like a creepy stalker.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:17 am
Yeah, just try to do something that perhaps has a gay undertone (not sure how to explain that...) but can still be interpreted as a friendly thing. Like the movie sounds good.  

No Gambling in Paradix

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff