Reply 19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics
So I was wondering . . .

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:57 pm
What kind of tools do you use for your art? What kind of paper and what size, what kind of pencils, coloring tools, etc. What works best for you?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:15 pm
For me, it depends on what I'm doing.
I usually use a lead pencil, but for shading I use a real pencil.
I gennerally use white printer paper, but I do have a few "notebooks" of drawing paper.

For color, I prefer colored pencil. To outline, I use sharpie  

Steel _R a i n d r o p s

Shimo Kousetsu

Snuggly Blob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:13 pm
I usually do traditional art (sketch in pencil, then ink with special pens) and color that with my Prismacolor colored pencils or Copic Markers usually. I have a couple sketchbooks (and also pads of Bristol board), but I usually use heavy color-lock printer paper, especially when I use markers.

For my digital art I use Paint Tool SAI. It tends to work well. (: I kinda wish it had a blur tool though; closest it has is the watercolor tool, but that's not the same. =| Still works well though.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:20 pm
I use printer paper or lightly textured art paper... the size of the paper in my most recent sketch book is 9" x 12 inches...

For pencils, I like using mechanical pencils with 0.5 lead. I hate 0.7. It's too bulky. I use number two pencils to shade, or I rub the lead... But rubbing it gets everything "smoky" @ . @ ;

Erasers... I use hi-polymer for serious art, but for doodles and such I use cute little erasers. Like the Jeli-Deli book erasers I bought recently...

I hate coloring, but usually I use colored pencils. I want to buy ProMarkers or Copic markers. On the computer, I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. It is soooo confusing. @ . @

I use fine-point sharpies to ink.  

Lieutenant Shotgun

19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces