Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Syfy Channel's Alice Dec 6, 2009 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:04 am
Syfy Channel page for Alice

I hadn't seen a thread for it yet so for those who have access to the channel and hadn't heard about it yet there you go!

It's got Tim Curry in it! And will be directed by the same guy who did Tin Man.

If you miss it try checking syfy rewind (where they post recently aired episodes) on the same site as posted above. I suspect it'll probably hit youtube or such anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 am
Ooh! That looks exciting. I looove Tim Curry, and I loved Tin Man, so this should definitely be good. Thanks for letting us know about it!

On a random note, does anyone know when/why they changed from the Sci-Fi Channel to Syfy? lol...

The Night Faery
Captain

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 am
Wow that actually looks great. I think that will be an interesting one , i 'll definetly try to catch it when it comes on .

Definetly it will hit youtube. somehow all tv show episodes somehow find their way into youtube.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:01 am
The Night Faery
On a random note, does anyone know when/why they changed from the Sci-Fi Channel to Syfy? lol...

What I found on that: NY Times Article
Seems like a rather silly marketing ploy personally.

Irish Stout

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:20 am
Ah, well that makes sense. That's too bad though, 'cause I liked that little Saturn guy. But I suppose it doesn't matter much, as long as the shows are still good. ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:26 am
The shows are pretty decent , although i must admit I guess it was an interesting ploy to change the name of the channel.

I watch a few shows on thta channel, Ghost Hunters and Legend of the Seeker  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:33 pm
Oh, cool... thanks for the head's up! I've kinda drifted away from that channel since I lost interest in most of the shows, but this looks quirky and new... and not likely to bore me, lol. ^_^

I'll have to put this on my calender... oig; I'm going to feel so lame when I totally forget to watch it... X_X;

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:09 pm
Two hours until this airs so here's a reminder for those on! I also found out it's a two night event so the end won't be on until tomorrow. Part one will be replayed at 11pm tonight (right after the initial showing) and both 1am and 7pm (right before part two starts) tomorrow. Part two starts right after the part one replay at 9pm followed by two replays for the latecomers. And then part two will play again on 7pm on Tuesday. If it shows up on Syfy Rewind I'll try linking it for you if you like.  

Irish Stout

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:12 pm
Any idea if this is being shown in the UK? Ah, anyways, after you guys have watched it can I have your opinions please? ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:42 pm
I'm not going to make any claims to knowing anything about UK television channels but from just Google-ing so far I have found anything saying in bold obvious words that it is playing and when/where. That doesn't mean it is or isn't playing just I can't find anything. Sorry :/ I'll be sure to post opinions and hope others will too afterward. If I can find anyway (within TOS) for you to see it I'll be sure to get it to you. Everyone should be able to enjoy it!  

Irish Stout

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:12 pm
Its on right now as I type this everyone. From what I can tell so far this is a very interesting one. I'll keep updating this post as the movie goes along .  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:23 pm
Little oyster.Looks good.-watching-  

WinterPatriot

Liberal Bloodsucker

8,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hygienic 200

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:40 pm
captain1gunsche
Little oyster.Looks good.-watching-

Agreed. its quite different, and i love the timeline it takes place in. Its quite interesting so far.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:12 pm
I love the march hare.  

WinterPatriot

Liberal Bloodsucker

8,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hygienic 200

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:29 pm
Agreed, i love their rendition of hte Jabberwocky, it looks positively terrifying. I also love how its a mix of both books , through the looking glass and Alice in wonderland.

I defiently hopes everyone tries to get to see this. its worth it .  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games