Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Warriors Guild

Back to Guilds

HEY WARRIORS GUILD MEMBERS AND FANS! WE HAVE MOVED TO DEVIANTART! http://www.deviantart.com/the-warriors-guild AS OF 2019 WE ARE ACTIVE!!!! 

Tags: Warriors, Erin Hunter, Warrior Cats 

Reply Whatever Else!
Posting Tips

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to use it?
  Yesh. ^^
  No. D:<
View Results

ch3shire_c4t

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:35 pm
Alrighty, here are some tips on how to makes your posting style look nice and neat; like how I do it. ^^

First, we will start with the size. Now, when making a post, you click the "Post Reply" button. When you get to the new page, above the box you type in are some odd looking things that make your post look different. O-O Fear not, I am here to help you understand them because I did not know what they were until I discovered them by myself, which was about two years after I joined gaia. xD

Okay, at the very top you will see a button with the big letter "B." That means it will make your writing bold like this. Highlight the words you want to put in bold, then click that button. When you submit the post, those words will be bold. ^^

Nest to the "B" is an "i." This is short for "italic," meaning slanted letters. This will make your words look like this. I find that very useful for when you are doing cat thoughts. Example:

"I wonder where mom is now? Scourgekit thought to himself."

How you use it is the same way you make words bold.

Next is a capital "U." This just means underline, so it will do this. Same way you do bold and italic, just highlight the words you want underlined and click the "U."

See the "S" next to the "U?" That means strike, as in strike. It just crosses out words. You put it on just like how you put on bold, italic, and underline.

Now quote is just when you may want to quote something or several posts:
Quote:

Example. Example. Example.

Code is when you have say the link to a banner, you just highlight the link in the posting box and click on the code button. It basically makes it look like this:

Example. Example. Example.

URL is another story, we'll skip that for now.

IMG is short for Image, we all know how to use that one really. ^^

Imgleft just means that you can put the image to the left of the post.

Imgright is putting an image to the right of a post.

Imgmap I have yet to learn, I'll get back to you on that one.

Alright, this is where we get to the bigger more complex yet simple things.

Colors: There are so many colors you can use on gaia, you just have to know which ones you can. Which is why I use this: [x] Really easy to use. How to use a color? This is what you use: Net to the "=s" sign, you type in the color you will be using. In between the two boxes, basically in between and , is where your text goes. ^^ Post it, and your text is another color.

Size: You see the little size thing at the top of your screen, that's what determines the size of your post. When clicking on say "small," a thing in your post box will appear saying"" Make sure your text is highlighted before clicking this button, the "" should be at the beginning of your post and the "[/size.]"should be at the end. The size I use is "," you have to change the number in the box in your post box to change it.

Align: :] Align is an interesting little thing. It can basically do this:

Example.

Example.

Example.

Example.

It can be useful at times, but I don't use it too often.

Anywho, I hope this helps. ^^ It better because it took me a long time to write this out. D:< xD Joking, joking. But yeah, if you have any questions just post here. ^^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:40 pm
lol great idea! Do you know if there's a way to keep the same style each time u post, or do u have to change it every time?

Hedgehog908
Vice Captain

Whatever Else!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces