Submit

which one?
  shojo
  shonen
  I can't make up my mind!
View Results

Shugota

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:30 am
I tend to like shonen more, they have less drama - drama in the girly sense at least if you get what I'm saying...
and shonen is more action, and they focus less on their feelings.

I do like a good shojo though... like Ouran. That's a good shojo.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:02 pm
Shojo. I can't stand the "fighting fighting fighting" I just think "what's the point of this?" Sometimes they can be good, but sometimes they have way too many episodes.

My favorite shojo is Skip! Beat. It's not the whole "oohh he/she is so perfect I like him" thing. It's really unique  

Abandoned Angel X

Miashin

Familiar Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:40 am
I tend to lean more towards shonen as those tend to be more 'fantastic' than shojo.

I tend to dislike the 'slice of life' shojo the most. If I wanted a slice of life... I wouldn't have to look very far because I'm living it. Also I tend to find the whole boyfriend/girlfriend drama that most shojo focuse tiresome and vain to the point of being sickening.

That said I dislike the constant fighting that most Shonen manga have, so I tend to towards anime/manga that tread the line between the two.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:58 pm
Shonen all the way.  

Love like 666

Shugota

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:47 pm
I do admit that the constant fighting is not good, because when there's too much fighting, there's not much of a storyline happening, and after a while it's kinda like "why are they even fighting?"

Skip Beat! is good, right now I'm a bit tired of all the dramas, I like reading how Kyoko overcomes her acting problems the best because she's really talented (IMO, at least)

Slice of life is good depending on what you read... if Yotsuba&! or Chi's Sweet Home can be considered "slice of life" those are really fun to read.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:43 pm
I have doubts........ but I think I enjot more shojo' s .... but the especial ones : > like Ouran, LovelyComplex or Toradora (not sure if it's considered shojo, i read somewhere it was shonen)

I also like shonen a lot >.< but i get tired of it when there's much fighting.

Petit_Darklord

6,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100

K a o r i P l a y

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:50 pm
I like both, but i'm leaning toward shojo.I love a good fighting scene though, but I am a hopeless romantic heart  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:32 am
I have no preference, a good plot plenty of action or a funny romance could keep my attention as well. I should vote for Shōnen this time.  

Lord of the Fantasies

Seliece

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 pm
I like both shounen and shojou (only the good ones, of course) though most of my favorites seem to be shounen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:42 am
Both have their good points, but nothing tops a good shonen series.  

RealDemi

7,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100

shen-feng-zhu

Hygienic Gawker

6,600 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:09 am
ive only heard of shonen
i don't think i heard of shojo
what is shojo?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:06 pm
I think shonen is better because i love the fighting....a lot of people are gonna hate me for saying this but i love the naruto mangas >_> i tried to stop, honest i did but it was soo freaking addictive >_> however i can see what your saying about shojo, the slice of lifes are very intersesting and it is a good break from all the fighitng at times  

BHBK

Lonely Genius

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Seliece

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:08 pm
shen-feng-zhu
ive only heard of shonen
i don't think i heard of shojo
what is shojo?
Shoujo literally means young girl or lady, so it's basically manga directed at females. Think NANA, Vampire Knight, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:04 pm
truth be told i read both it just depends if i want some kick a** or more love  

fox of suicidal dreams

fox of suicidal dreams

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:13 pm
hehehehehehhehehe cough  
Anime/Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out