Big
  small
View Results

Christizzle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 pm
Which do you prefer and why?
Personally I love both. =)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:51 pm
I like both but I'm still picky about my breeds. I work at a vet clinic so I've seen a lot of different dogs.

I hatehatehatehate Yorkies, Pomeranians, Jack Russels, Shitzus and Chows.
The first four breads, I have found to be nothing but yapping ankle bitters that are just horrible. Chows I have a hard time trusting because every chow I have met, I have been unable to 'read them'. I have no idea what they are up to; I'm paranoid that way.

Most breeds that I like are large breeds: pit bulls, labs, retrievers, shepards, collies, and dalmatians. Some smaller breads that I like are papillions, corgies and wiener dogs ^^

Being at the vet clinic, I've been able to learn what breads have what issues. I would never own a schnauzer or a dalmatian for example. Schnauzers tend to be diabetic and dalmatians have a crap load of urinary issues. I believe Goldens have tumor issues.....but I'm not sure on that one.

I think the poll should have a 'both' option^^  

WoodSorrelWitch

iiPunkPrincess

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:53 pm
THE BIGGER THE BETTER & THE MORE TO LOVE LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:54 pm
AngelofDeath334
THE BIGGER THE BETTER & THE MORE TO LOVE LOL
One of our veterinarians owns a humungo great dane - and that dog has sooooo much love to give, he could literally smother you ^^  

WoodSorrelWitch

DaT Nigguh ReDD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:55 pm
i pefer small breeds but i love larger breeds too. im the dog fanatic so i love them all well except poodles
my favorite breeds are daushands, pomeranians, jack russels, yorkies ,and labs oh and the shiba inu, and the korean jindo, and beagles  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:16 pm
Little breeds are cute, sure, but they have high-pitched barks and too much energy. D8< Especially chihuahuas.

I like big, old dogs. My friend had a big, black new foundland named Willa when she was little... Since she (the friend) was and still is tiny, she could ride on her! But unfortunately, Willa died of cancer a few years back. (I loved that dog.)
Great pyrenees are really cool too.

I forgot what breed the dogs are, but when they're puppies they trip over their own ears, and when they get older their barks shakes the house. @ . @ I love them. Bassets hounds!

Some of my favorite breeds: Great dane, great pyrenees, new foundland, bloodhounds, collies, huskies (LOVE!), poodles (I actually find poodles pretty, if they aren't all dolled up), chow chows, pomeranians, basset hounds.

PawzPrint, just to give you some insight, Chow Chows face away from their owner to protect them :]  

Lieutenant Shotgun

Dominate Allure

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:25 pm
I love both actually I don't care about the size or breed.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:31 pm
I'm a bid dog person. I don't hate little dogs, but I much prefer big ones.

I LOVE pit bulls. Possibly in part because all of the negative publicity that they get pisses me off. I grew up with pit bulls. My disabled grandmother owned them all of my life. I used to use Torque as a jungle gym when I was a toddler. She was the best dog ever.
I REALLY want a pit.
I also love Rottweilers, Great Danes, Boxers, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, German Shepards...
I really like big dogs.

Only breed I really can't stand are Schnauzers. I've yet to meet one that I like. I think they're kind of ugly, and all of the ones I've met have been really ill-tempered. I'm not a big fan of terriers either...

I do like small hounds though. I think beagles are possibly the cutest things on the face of the planet.  

AriaStarSong

Citrus Hikaru

Romantic Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:43 pm
I like big doggies better! You can cuddle them more, and if you accidentally step on it's foot, it won't hurt the dog as much. sweatdrop
I love both small and large though...
But I grew up with a german shepherd mix, so big dogs will always have a special place in my heart. heart biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:51 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun
Little breeds are cute, sure, but they have high-pitched barks and too much energy. D8< Especially chihuahuas.

I like big, old dogs. My friend had a big, black new foundland named Willa when she was little... Since she (the friend) was and still is tiny, she could ride on her! But unfortunately, Willa died of cancer a few years back. (I loved that dog.)
Great pyrenees are really cool too.

I forgot what breed the dogs are, but when they're puppies they trip over their own ears, and when they get older their barks shakes the house. @ . @ I love them. Bassets hounds!

Some of my favorite breeds: Great dane, great pyrenees, new foundland, bloodhounds, collies, huskies (LOVE!), poodles (I actually find poodles pretty, if they aren't all dolled up), chow chows, pomeranians, basset hounds.

PawzPrint, just to give you some insight, Chow Chows face away from their owner to protect them :]

Yeah little dogs can have irritating barks.
But to be fair, have you ever heard a collie bark? neutral  

Christizzle

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 pm
Lieutenant Shotgun

That's understandable, though I've seen many breeds do that when I take appointments; some are just supper protective of their owners ^^ I had a chihuahua be extremely protective over 'mom' once...it was pretty funny, lol

The chows that I have been paranoid over were boarding in the kennel though. They never growled or made a move at me, but they looked nervous enough to do it ^^;;  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:54 pm
I like medium to large dogs. Little dogs seem to be so yappy, and every little dog I've known has had a weak bladder. I don't really have a favorite breed. My dog chessie is the smartest dog I've ever seen and she's a mutt.  

Tangerine_Monster

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:42 pm
for me its more a matter of personality than size though I have had better experiences with small dogs. Psycho clingy freak out if I can't see you dog was a big dog, dog that eats cats was a big dog, dog that dragged you halfway across town when she saw a rabbit was a big dog, My mothers dog who is the scourge of evil is a big dog...see a pattern? Though I have also met very good big dogs case in point my in laws pyranese and excellent dogs. I feel its easier to fix personality problems in small dogs. 15 lb dog jumps its no big deal 150 lb dog jumps your on the ground thats a problem. The best dog I ever knew was a Boston. My grandma's dog is a chiuaua and she is a great dog.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:46 pm
i preffer the in between size, like a king charles spaniel, or a cocker spaniel, infact i have a doggie who is a cross of the two! he is so cute! and i have a tall family so the medium size is like puny to us, and i feel that big dogs barks are to low, and if you get them going you get this deep, slow, "Rooof, rooof," and the small dogs is fast and high pitched, "Yip yip yip yip!"  

swiftwaters

Christizzle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 pm
swiftwaters
i preffer the in between size, like a king charles spaniel, or a cocker spaniel, infact i have a doggie who is a cross of the two! he is so cute! and i have a tall family so the medium size is like puny to us, and i feel that big dogs barks are to low, and if you get them going you get this deep, slow, "Rooof, rooof," and the small dogs is fast and high pitched, "Yip yip yip yip!"

Nononono.. some large dogs can have very high pitched barks. Collies for example.

I love KCSpaniels.. not a huge fan of Cocker Spaniels.  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff