Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Getting Started - Aourai's Journal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aourai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:45 am
I'm attending an anime convention at the end of this month, and I've started making small changed already in my daily diet, however it won't be until after the convention that I can begin full-force. Conventions are bad diet breakers for me. I'm hypoglycemic, and that makes it hard to follow any specific diet.

I'm afraid I'll do what I did in High School and not eat properly. There were a few months the summer between sophomore and junior years that I was almost anorexic and its messed me up pretty bad. But the frustration of not being able to lose weight has me worried one day I might snap. I really don't want to go down that road.

As of right now I weight 221lbs and I want to get down to 155lbs. I want to get there in 18 months. That's only 3.6lbs/month. It actually feels like too slow of a goal, but I don't want to push myself too hard.

Whats more difficult is working out and eating right when I live in a house with three other people. One is my super skinny boyfriend, who can eat anything. He's trying to gain weight. The other two are our roomates who seem to never really gain or lose weight, although they eat terrible.

Main things I need to give up are whipped cream on my coffees, anything and everything fried, and possibly bread. I may have a wheat sensitivity, which makes me tired when I eat it. So... As much as I'll miss it, no more meat.

I'd love to go back on Weight Watchers, but I would have to eat a lot of the boxed SmartOnes meals if I did, because no one else in my house has any interest in cooking healthy, and I'm NOT going to cook for everyone every night. The issue with the boxed meals is the salt. I'm 26 and because of my weight and my pills (I'm on BCPs) I have blood pressure problems. At 26! And those boxed meals are so full of sodium.

I have weight watchers cook books. I should start using them more and let the rest of them fend for themselves.

Today I had a soda, but I had it as a replacement for my morning coffee. Eventually I'll try and phase both out.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:38 pm
which convention?? I'm going to oni-con  

Soi Tsuba

Aourai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:24 pm
Soi Tsuba
which convention?? I'm going to oni-con

Youmacon!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:27 pm
Feelin' good.

I put on some pants that I tried to wear last week and were just a teeny bit too tight...

And today they fit. They aren't perfect, little snug, but they fit... I almost cried.  

Aourai

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff