Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
American McGee's Alice Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:09 am
American McGee's Alice Screenshots

Village of the Damned
User Image

Scary Place
User Image

Scarier Place
User Image

Gotta get to the door
User Image

A Library
User Image

Finding Caterpillar
User Image

Caterpillar's Plot
User Image

Pale Realm
User Image

The Mirror Maze
User Image

A Tunnel
User Image

Crazed Clockwork
User Image

Tea Party
User Image

Boss Room
User Image

Where's the Hatter?
User Image

There he is!
User Image

Another Maze
User Image

Now where am I?
User Image

Cogs
User Image

Gears
User Image

Cheshire Cat at start up
User Image

I took these screenies myself, if you want to use them please ask first. ^_^

Original Post
Okay so I've heard of this game and yesterday watched an old trailer for it on Youtube, and now I really want to play it. As they're making a sequel I thought it might be a good idea to try the first one.

I know it's a difficult game to find, and as it wasn't even released in the UK (I don't think) probably more difficult for me. But then I've managed to get hold of an even older PC game that was never released over here on eBay. I'm just wondering exactly how rare the game is?

Also what's the gameplay like? Is the game difficult? Think I could possibly get it to run on Vista? o_O

Oh and...wow at the Cheshire Cat, looks so cool. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:32 pm
Oh my... I have no idea about most of the technical stuff. I'm in no way computer savvy. @_@ Don't quote me on this, but I don't think there's an adaptation. If any sort of movie comes out for it there might be, though... at least, you'd think there would be. ^_^;

I'm not sure how rare it is seeing as I'm in America. I don't think I've seen it in the stores but a friend of mine had it, so it couldn't be too rare. Finding it on ebay should be easy enough, I think.

And I haven't played it all the way through, but I thought the gameplay was pretty easy to adapt to. Lots of murderific fun! ^_^;

And yeah, the Cheshire Cat's so twisted... It's pretty amazing!

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:07 am
Thanks, I should really try this game I think. I'll probably try find it on eBay, doubt I would be able to find it anywhere else. XD

Knowing Vista it'll probably make it difficult to get the game to play, but I can try.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:50 pm
Vista makes eeeeeverything difficult.

Good luck finding it!

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:16 pm
Ohh man, I know how you feel-- ever since my friend told me about it (she used to have the game, but she let her friend borrow it and they LOST IT!!) I've been desperate to find it... but yes, it's reeeally rare, and probably only works on older game systems...
I'll let you know if I spy a copy of it at a decent price online. (;
Oh! Also I heard there was this really cool add-on to the game that was like, Alice's case file from the asylum-- it was the doctor's notes discussing what Alice was doing in real life while she was having various adventures (which you go on in the game) in her head... like, apparently whilst fighting the Duchess she is really attacking a nurse with a spoon?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:57 pm
The Night Faery
Ohh man, I know how you feel-- ever since my friend told me about it (she used to have the game, but she let her friend borrow it and they LOST IT!!) I've been desperate to find it... but yes, it's reeeally rare, and probably only works on older game systems...
I'll let you know if I spy a copy of it at a decent price online. (;
Oh! Also I heard there was this really cool add-on to the game that was like, Alice's case file from the asylum-- it was the doctor's notes discussing what Alice was doing in real life while she was having various adventures (which you go on in the game) in her head... like, apparently whilst fighting the Duchess she is really attacking a nurse with a spoon?

Aw, thanks. ^^ And I guess it's even harder to find the add-on than the game? XD  

Azure Caterpillar

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:20 am
Just an update...I found the game for sale on the UK eBay. o_O So yeah I've ordered it...if I can't get it to work on Vista I'll just put it on my old XP laptop or something.

Seriously wanna play this game. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:34 pm
Wheee~! Awesomesauce! Damsel's right, Vista is kind of maybe sort of really really incompatible with lots of stuff, lol, but I hope it works for you!! Lemme know how it goes, aye? ^-^

Oh, and don't let anyone borrow it! Haha..

The Night Faery
Captain

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:27 pm
@ Night-Night: Oooh... wow, really? That sounds interesting; never heard about that before have I!

@ Eone: Oooh... definitely let us know what you think! ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:32 am
Yay the game arrived today. ^_^ I'll be installing it later, so once I've started playing it I'll tell you. Guess I could get some screenies too.  

Azure Caterpillar

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:54 am
Update again...yay?

I've been playing it and I really like it. For a old game some of the effects in the levels were great. As I guessed the Cheshire Cat is my favourite character in it. XD

Oh and it works on Vista. ^_^

If anyone wants me to post screenshots or whatever just ask.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:23 pm
Oh, cool! I'm so glad Vista's deciding to cooperate with you, lol! ^___^

Yeah, screen shots would be cool if you can get them! That way anyone who drifts by the thread can realize how awesome it is and hurry out to buy it. XD

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 am
Okay, I edited my first post with the screens, so that people don't have to scroll down to find them.

Hope you like them. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:24 pm
Whoa, awesome!! I really really want to go play this game even more now. XD  

The Night Faery
Captain

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:25 pm
Alright! Thanks for sharing the screen shots; if this doesn't turn people on to the game I don't know what will. ^_^

What's your favorite part of the game? How far have you gotten? If you don't mind my prying, haha! ^_^

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games