Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Unheard of Yaoi

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Infinite Pandora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:55 pm
I'm sure you guys enjoy your slash, and all of the popular yaoi out there, but what about those unknown titles? The ones you may find looking on a scanlation website or some-where-or-another with a long Japanese name or something that is either just manga or not be a really famous author?

Well I'm sure there'll always be someone else who's read it, but doesn't it make you angry that these somewhat unknown yaoi manga aren't getting their love?

So here's the place to say it! Name some of your unknown manga, and who knows, you just might find a person who read it. Oh I also give out suggestions of yaoi manga from any genre, so if you want something new you can ask me. ;D

I'll start off with about 5 manga
~ Tie me up With Your Love - Watanabe Asia
~ Work In - Suzuki Tsuta
~ Yachin Hanbun no Ibasho desu - Asou Kai
~ Hide and Seek - Ike Reibun
~ Okusan no Mousouteki Nichijou - Takatsuki Noboru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:23 pm
Naona Bohra, I've found, is a little-known mangaka.
She's famous for her younger man (20s) x older man (30s-40s) couples.

She has a beautiful, charming style of art work, great distinction between her characters and some very, very innovative storylines. I think her longest story lasted... five or six chapters.

I would suggest reading: Fingertip's Love, Three Wolves Mountain and Kimi ni Sasayaku Mirai.

Faberge

Infinite Pandora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:09 pm
Ah yes, Naono Bohra, I love her works. So realistic.
I've read all the books you have listed there and must agree with you. Fingertip's Love was excruciatingly funny, the others were quite good too. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:48 pm
Hmm, the only unknown one I've ever read was Until the Full Moon. A good gender-bending shonen-ai. I never finished it, so I don't know if I can really recommend it.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:30 am
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

Oh yeah, Naono Bohra. I love everything she does. I'm disappointed that more of her manga isn't licensed. They keep licensing godawful crap instead of series that are actually good >_>;; *complain*

My manga archive died with my old computer (sob, good-bye yaoi database...) but I do remember liking Dog Style by Motoni Modoru, which is actually licensed. It's silly and weird but I love it =)

Another manga I like is Black Sun by Uki Ogasawara. That's actually licensed as well, by 801 media, so needless to say it's pretty explicit. It's different, though.

And the third series that most haven't heard of or read is Innocent Bird by Hirotaka Kisaragi which is licensed by BLU. (I love BLU's format btw.) It's a very sweet story, unusually fluffy, and the art is very pretty.

Oh! I got another one that is pretty much entirely unknown! 50 x 50 by Saika Kunieda! I first came across that series in a BL manga anthology that my BFF got (I think it was BeBoy GOLD?) where I was flipping through it and discovered this short chapter of absolute insanity. I was like "This looks hilarious and cute, where can I get it?" after snooping around I found one or two chapters translated online and I've loved it ever since. I do hope some publisher picks it up. I really recommend it~
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:51 am
Kuroshijitsu is a light BL anime that a lot of people don't know about, I love it.  

Syntria
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:54 am

Hmm, I wouldn't call it light BL though, it's more shoujo with fanservice... (not that I don't love it~) I mean, Sebastian does kind of... uh... spoiler --->
slut around with random women...
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:36 pm
I suppose so, I watch so few 'real' BL animes that i don't know what real ones are. XDXDXD  

Syntria
Crew

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:41 am

That's probably for the better, most BL anime is really awful.

Another one~ Aijin Incubus! It's licensed too~ It's really random/slightly disturbing/hilarious biggrin

And I found out about a manga called "The gorgeous life of strawberry-chan" which is ALSO disturbing and weird and hilarious, the main character is a frog. I haven't read the manga yet, but I did flip through it at a store and nearly laughed myself to death

:'D For some reason, the humour in BL manga is always way funnier than other series...
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:14 am
Glamourus Lips  

protecterofelements

The_Radioactive_Woman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:31 am
As far as title go-- MW.
A phsychological/thriller themed yaoi manga by Osamu Tezuka. :3
(There's a lot of (insincere) Het in it, even though YukiGirai remains the only constant pairing in it)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:29 am

Uta Kata [ A nice blend of Yaoi / Yuri. Beautiful storyline. ]

Sukisyo [ Yaoi. Hilarious and cute anime. It's a must-see! ]

Jenitorturer

x-Yoite-x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:49 pm
I wouldn't say they are unheard of, but certainly not widely-known are the works of Setona Mizushiro. Her manga ranges from shoujo to light BL to hardcore yaoi, but the plots are always REALLY good! And the sex is very, very hot. 3nodding

Some of her best works are:
-After School Nightmare
-The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheeze
-The Carp on the Chopping Block Jumps Twice
-1999 Shanghai

They are all definitely worth a read!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:28 am
Ooo, I downloaded the first volume of 1999 Shanghai, and I like it a lot! Thanks for the recommendation!  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items