Guardian of the Damned

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chaos Spring

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:07 pm
General Idea of This Story ;;

____This is a story about a man named Legend Quinn. Forty five years ago, Legend killed his neighbor and her husband. Because of their parents' deaths, their oldest child. Charged with two counts of murder, and one count of manslaughter, Legend is sent to live and die in prison. But like the saying goes there is an exception to everything and Legend is put on a waiting list.

____
The Waiting List is if for the damned that get a choice. Although Legend did kill two people their untimely death caused their youngest son to turn himself into a very powerful and helpful business man who then saved many lives. Because of that son, Legend was put on a waiting list and became a Guardian Angel of sorts.

____Legend was charged to watch over the life of Zoe. From infancy to adulthood he has watched her with the help of an actual angel. Legend was doing an amazing job too, he only has to help her until she hits twenty-four. Which wasn't planned. Legend was expected to fail when Zoe got in a particularly bad car accident. Now it seems, heaven and hell are conspiring to take out Zoe when Legend only has one more year to go!

____How far will a man who takes lives go to save a life?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:14 pm
Character's So Far ;;

Legend October Quinn - twenty-five when he died. Killed two people but indirectly saved hundreds. Zoe's guardian. Very impatient

Alexyndria - Zoe's guardian angel. Watched over her since before birth. Very irritable

Zoe Jane Parker - ages throughout story from a few weeks old to twenty-three. Oblivious...maybe

Old Hag- one of the fates, I'll look up her actual name later  

Chaos Spring

Chaos Spring

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:18 pm
Guardian of the Damned

Random Except

_____Wrapped up tight in a cocoon, in a pink fuzzy blanket was a fat baby girl. Insanely curly black hair haloed a brown face. Clumped black eyelashes lay delicately on her cheek and her chubby lips were open as she sleep. She was so big, there was so much of her but she oozed life and helpless and health. I didn't know why her health mattered to me. I was never a kid person.
_____"This is your charge, Legend. Her name is Zoe Jane Parker. She is two weeks old with two older brothers, Zane and Zachery," she said, listing this tiny girl's statistics as if we were discussing fine foods. "So far her angel has kept up the brunt of the work, nine months and a week. You are going to help the angel as of now. Do a good job please."
_____I would have replied there with a surge of protective anger that came out of nowhere, when the little girl, Zoe, opened her eyes. Her brown eyes were big in a way that baby's eyes were always too big for their heads. And she looked me in the eyes for a moment. The old hag stopped talking suddenly as if the baby had clicked a mute button but Zoe had no eyes for the woman. She was just looked at me. Zoe suddenly let out a massive gurgle of happiness, squirming with joy at her surprised company. At her age, to Zoe, everyone had her best interest at heart and I had the best of the best.
_____"Hm. Well then, you will be with your charge until she dies of old age or your own mistake" she started
_____"Zoe" I interrupted roughly, disgusted by this woman. The kid was barely into life and she was already talking about her death!
_____"Excuse me?"
_____"Her name is Zoe old woman."
_____That made her scowl all right.
_____"Fine. Zoe shall be your charge until either she dies or your time is up. Zoe's Guardian Angel will keep her luck nuetral or good as possible. Your job is just to keep her alive. Think you can handle that kid?"
_____I turned to her, to really rip it into the woman but she was gone. I grumbled under my breath but went to stand at Zoe's bed side, where she watched me with a satisfied little smirk. As if this were her plan all along.
_____"First and only test Zane."
_____The woman's voice drew my attention away from Zoe for a moment, three seconds tops, and when I looked back she was no longer smiling. Zoe's brown eyes flicked along the ceiling in confusion and fear. Her chubby fingers gripped and pulled at her blanket and she opened her mouth and gasped, as though there were no air in the room. When her tiny lips turned blue it hit me.
_____Zoe couldn't breathe.
_____I just stared at her, completely in confusion, in terror. Who as doing this? Zoe was terrified, there were fat tears rolling down her face. She couldn't breath and didn't know why. Suddenly her lungs just weren't working. And I was frozen.
_____"Idiot." The voice again.
_____A searing heat took control of my body. My right had was put on Zoe's writhing body and my head was brought close to her sweating face. Her eyes searched mine, begging for something. Anything. Zoe was helpless and I was the only one who could save her.
_____"Save her idiot. Tell her what to do."
_____"Breathe Zoe. Please. Just breathe in."
_____The next gasp she took finally got through. Color returned to her pale cheeks and her eyes closed again. Sleeping it looked like. Fainting it probably was. Slowly, almost reluctantly, the heat receded. I leaned down and kissed her forehead.
_____"Don't worry baby girl. I'll protect you. Two weeks down, twenty-four years to go."  
Novels/Novellas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games