Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Can you give me your opinion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

well...is it true?
  Ya. you just got luckey (if you click this can you give me proof.
  No. there just trying to scare people into not playing those
View Results

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:44 am
ok i was wondering i keep hereing people saying that if you play maplestory private servers you get alot of stuff stolen. but i have been play private servers for years and i have lost NOTHING O_o is it just nexon trying to scare people or is it true and im lucky  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:48 am
not all private servers are safe, i have a few questions
1. do you play normal server?
2. do you use the same username and pass as your normal account as your private sever acount?

you got if your user and pass are the same as your private sever user and pass. Some people make private servers to record usernames and passes so they can get on your real account if you entered the same user and pass as your real server account  

unknown hidden leaf ninja

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:19 am
well for 1 yes i do sometimes play GMS and for 2 on some servers i do if i know the owner then i will but if i don't then i won't  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:10 pm
LordKillerPanda
ok i was wondering i keep hereing people saying that if you play maplestory private servers you get alot of stuff stolen. but i have been play private servers for years and i have lost NOTHING O_o is it just nexon trying to scare people or is it true and im lucky

Same, I've been on private servers for awhile, and nothing stolen. I think Nexon is just scaring people, and/or giving people too much credit. (Maybe they think all the people who create private servers can do the stuff they listed, when actually most barely know what they did to create the private server they made XD.)  

Kite Katolia

Timid Genius

6,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Zarow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:34 pm
NEXON isn't saying you're getting your stuff stolen, it's called a rumor.
In some cases, yes, you do lose stuff from hackers when you use the same id/pin as global.
In most, you don't.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:06 pm
nobody is helping me f4, how come im the only one with nexon f4  

TaerkDS
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:45 am
Nexon isn't saying your account will be hacked, they're just saying that not all private servers are completely trustworthy. They're trying to minimize the amount of lost accounts by letting their users by not registering for private servers.

People lose their accounts for a few reasons, here are the ones I thought of:
1. Using the same user/pass as in Global MapleStory
2. Downloading a file "needed for the server"
3. Giving info to an "admin/mod/GM"

When people lose their accounts, who do they complain and rant to hopelessly? Nexon. So they try to prevent the account losses from happening at all by telling them not to risk signing up for private servers.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:48 pm
Taerk-kun
Nexon isn't saying your account will be hacked, they're just saying that not all private servers are completely trustworthy. They're trying to minimize the amount of lost accounts by letting their users by not registering for private servers.

When people lose their accounts, who do they complain and rant to hopelessly? Nexon. So they try to prevent the account losses from happening at all by telling them not to risk signing up for private servers.

you seem quite neutral o.o  

TaerkDS
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:27 pm
Taerk-kun

I'm simply clarifying the whole reason behind Nexon's actions and why they demote the private servers. I don't play private servers because I have much better things to do with my time than try to remake friends.

You are correct. I'm pretty neutral about everything.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:31 pm
Taerk-kun
Taerk-kun

I'm simply clarifying the whole reason behind Nexon's actions and why they demote the private servers. I don't play private servers because I have much better things to do with my time than try to remake friends.

you did somewhat restate what i said

TaerkDS
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 pm
Taerk-kun
Taerk-kun

you did somewhat restate what i said

Somewhat.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:31 pm
anything i need to know about this guild?  

truly1man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:36 pm
truly1man
anything i need to know about this guild?

yeah, dont post anything unrelated to the topic like your question  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:52 am
Taerk-kun

I agree completely, and I think you pretty much covered most of the issues... Nexon is tired of cleaning up the mess of private servers  

Teh Puppet Queen

raistlinred

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:56 am
played a private server for about 8 months didnt lose nothin on my guy  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items