Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Game] Tales of Symphonia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

deactivatedfedcba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:59 pm
I'll be the first to admit I'm a liiittle bit of an obsessive 'shipper with this game -- the first one, that is, as I haven't played the sequel.

Anyone else a fan? Interested in the slash pairings, perhaps? I'm personally a big fan of both Zelos/Kratos and Lloyd/Zelos (...not at the same time, I promise), and would be happy to discuss various pairings, whatever they are. xD; Yeah, I like overanalyzing these characters.

So... discuss! Debate! Argue! Fangirl!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:41 pm
I'm a huge Tales of Symphonia fan, I must admit.
(Best RPG on the Gamecube, I say!)

Actually, I was thinking of trying to get the slightly alternate ending bit, you know, where suchandsuch (ohh, vague unspoilers) does/does not actually betray everyone depending on what you pick.
And the alternate outfits... (I still have no clue how.)
Hey, did you hear that apparently the straps on one of Kratos' alternate costumes actually follow a simple Japanese rope bondage pattern? I don't know how true it is, but it seems like a tasty little bit of info, nevertheless.

My favourite semi-crack pairing has to be Kratos/Yuan. Do I ship it seriously, or for the hair colour contrast, or do I do it for the world-killing levels of angst it's commonly accompanied by in badfic? Who knows?

I also like Genis/Lloyd, Zelos/Lloyd and Mithos/Genis, ffff.

You know, before I got to the point where he shows up in the game, my friend and I nearly had a bet going on whether he was male or female. (Stupid ambiguous box art. For the record, I won.)  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

Asura the blue flame

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:36 am
You guys really need to play the second game. The main character is pretty cute for a kid. besides it's cute how he pines *cough cough* I mean thinks fondly of the guy who tells him to be a man.

Sorry I don't want to give any character names. I tend to spoil things too much sometimes. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:55 am
I'm fairly sure the second Tales of Symphonia game isn't out in Europe yet. sad Character names are fine, I reckon. I've already seen some roleplayers of the characters on livejournal and whatnot.  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:24 pm
Wait, wait! Sorry for the doublepost here, but I have Dawn of the New World now. cool
So I am le happy, despite the fact that the best review I've heard for it was about 66% - then again, how could I not get it?
But I started it two days ago, and I'm eleven hours in. (Mostly due to levelgrinding, though.)

The start of the new game had me a bit aghast, though - I knew that they couldn't make a game out of "pleasant people being pleasant to each other" (as I said to my friend lol ) but as my friend described, from square one, it's basically "haha! Everything's burning! Bet you didn't expect that! Now let's crush your opinion of the previous protagonist so you spend the entirety of the game trying to find out what the hell is going on! HAHA!"

Oh, and I spent the first half an hour of the game yelling it at that even I'd make a less pathetic main character than Emil. pirate He's not as irritating than I first thought; once you get past his lack of spine, he's vaguely adorable.

Richter's hair-colour is because there is a Tales of Symphonia awesome badass somewhat-gruff red haired character quotient, amirite?
Due to the end of the last game's story-induced lack of Kratos ( neutral ) they had to fill it somehow.

@Asura: Emil has a case of hero worship that is roughly the size of a small planet. Well, possibly not that huge, but pretty damn large, ne?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:45 am
Oooo, I love that game! It was the first Tales of game I ever played.

I bought the second one, but my brother played it and beat it and I never got to play it. He played it while I wasn't home, so I only saw bits and pieces of the storyline, but I think I got the gist of it.

I love it when Decus accuses Emil of being in love with him (and forces him to wear cologne).

kyra-san

Shirtless Stalker

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 am
kyra-san

I bought the second one, but my brother played it and beat it and I never got to play it. He played it while I wasn't home, so I only saw bits and pieces of the storyline, but I think I got the gist of it.

STEAL it from him so you too can marvel at the metric tonne of awkward between Emil and Richter.
The skits especially swing between derpily stupid and sombre. It's amazing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:39 am
Asura the blue flame
You guys really need to play the second game. The main character is pretty cute for a kid. besides it's cute how he pines *cough cough* I mean thinks fondly of the guy who tells him to be a man.

Sorry I don't want to give any character names. I tend to spoil things too much sometimes. heart
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Agreed. The second game is shamefully easy to ship. The main character pretty much has the words "Rape Me" written on his forehead. And the *ahem* certain person who tells him to be a man would be more than happy to oblige. razz

You won't like me when I'm sexy...

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

xhauntedsoulx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:14 am
Argh I want Dawn of The New World so bad but my game stop doesn't carry it orz crying this is horribly off topic but was I the only one squeeing when Lloyd finally called Kratos dad? Also ZelosxLloyd is love <3 hell Zelos is bisexual by canon  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games